JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

13 hours ago, Nirex said:

My sister in AZ just got tested and has the virus.... She also has pneumonia. I know people have survived...

...but how many that got over it had pneumonia already...?

My dear sis, this is really hard for you.  Please know that our prayers for you here are to help you keep from being discouraged, as we know that with this virus it is not possible to predict at this stage.  So anything can happen, and that means always be hoping for the best outcome.

Notes from WT study on this comforting scripture indicate how Jehovah can help you to cope:

Ps 41:3 Jehovah will sustain him on his sickbed;  During his sickness you will completely change his bed.

"And the recuperative power of his God-given body might help him to get better, to recover from his sickness." 

So, her body may be able to fight this off.  All is not lost at this stage, so you can stay hopeful.  And then, if things do deteriorate, please keep supplicating Jehovah to sustain you and comfort you.  Just take one day at a time, and deal with these issues as they come.  I, and I'm sure all of us, are praying for you and your sister to stay strong, whatever happens. 🌹

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/14/health/coronavirus-antibody-tests-scientists/index.html

Prominent scientists have bad news for the White House about coronavirus antibody tests

"on the April 6 phone call, members of the National Academy of Sciences' Standing Committee on Emerging Infectious Diseases and 21st Century Health Threats told members of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy there are issues with the availability and reliability of the antibody tests in the United States right now."

There are several layers of issues with the antibody tests.

First, the US Food and Drug Administration relaxed its rules, and now companies can sell antibody tests without submitting validation data that shows they actually work.

The American Public Health Lab Association says that has resulted in "crappy" tests flooding the market.

"It's like the wild, wild West out there -- or wild East," said association CEO Scott Becker, a reference to the fact that at least half the companies making these tests are in China.

"Lots of tests confuse the two," Relman said.

The tests would then end up telling people they had antibodies to the pandemic coronavirus when they didn't, and people might think they're immune when they're not.

This coronavirus is not expected to just disappear even if we get herd immunity. 😲

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/harvard-scientists-say-coronavirus-lockdowns-could-be-here-to-stay-until-2022

The team said it was highly unlikely that immunity will be strong enough and last long enough that COVID-19 will die out after an initial wave, as was the case with the SARS outbreak of 2002-2003.

9 hours ago, Todd komaniak said:

I was told one other time to stay in my Lane I was out in service and someone questioned me about my credentials how could I teach without going to a school. Of course we do go to school it's quite different than what the world sees it as. Just because subjects get harder doesn't mean you can't learn them. The Bible certainly is a hard subject but one that can be learned. About six years ago I was diagnosed with diabetes I didn't know a thing about it now I'm almost an expert on it because of the amount of reading I've done on it. And yes I am a brother you can call the Eastridge congregation in Sarasota Florida and ask for brother Tom Walsh he's my service overseer he can vouch for me.

I’d highly recommend the 2020 Ford Expedition. It came out with this Lane-Keeping System is part of the Ford Co-Pilot360 Technology. 

When you veer out of your lane the seat shocks you and the radio yells at you “Stop Playing DOCTOR!!!”

sorry...I saw horses nostrils twitch Lol

GOP congressman says letting more Americans die of coronavirus is lesser of two evils compared to economy tanking

Speaking with radio station WIBC in Indiana, Republican Rep. Trey Hollingsworth asserted that, while he appreciated the science behind the virus' spread, "it is always the American government's position to say, in the choice between the loss of our way of life as Americans and the loss of life, of American lives, we have to always choose the latter."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/14/politics/trey-hollingsworth-coronavirus/index.html

This is just so crazy and unbelievable! They care more about $$$ then people’s lives! (Then again, our WE really surprised?)

15 minutes ago, Nirex said:

Can anyone help fact check this? If its true I want to tell my sister to show her doctor.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/14/health/coronavirus-prone-positioning/index.html

It is correct. My wife followed some directions which helped a lot. However if she is in hospital they will tell her these things. I will try and find the video. A sister in our congregation is a front line nurse treating those with this virus. She said the information was very good. Whether it helps those with full pneumonia I dont know though. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-london-52243073/coronavirus-doctor-demonstrates-breathing-technique

Edited by Mykyl

3 hours ago, Nirex said:

Can anyone help fact check this? If its true I want to tell my sister to show her doctor.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/14/health/coronavirus-prone-positioning/index.html

CNN is a well regarded news agency.  I would trust their own internal fact checking and would not consider this a fake news agency.

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

CNN is a well regarded news agency.  I would trust their own internal fact checking and would not consider this a fake news agency.

Doctors likely know this..Also, it has been featured on news reports that show videos of a doctor walking thru emergency wards responding to a patient in pulmonary distress and turning them over. The lungs are huge. From the back view, the lungs reach from the upper back down below the end of the rib cage. Lying on your back puts a lot of pressure on the lungs, on the stomach..much less.

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

12 hours ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

We hit 2 Million confirmed cases.

600,000 have a result. 1.4 Million running the course. Current fatality rate is 21%.

emoji3073.pngOld (Downunder) Tone emoji854.png

2Mill.jpg

Rate.jpg

That’s not the fatality rate. The 21% are all those who died from the closed cases. Plus, there are many people who probably had it, recovered, and never even got tested. 

I have heard that the number of cases and deaths could be as much as 10 fold as some only count confirmed tested case and those who die in hospitals. Others count deaths in nursing homes too, others don't.

In most lands it is a lot higher than official tally which is usually several hours to a day old even for confirmed cases.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

2 minutes ago, pnutts said:

I have heard that the number of cases and deaths could be as much as 10 fold as some only count confirmed tested case and those who die in hospitals. Others count deaths in nursing homes too, others don't.

In most lands it is a lot higher than official tally which is usually several hours to a day old even for confirmed cases.

Here in Scotland hospital deaths were 600 odd but when they include those outside hospital its 900 odd.

So a dramatic difference and still probably not accurate.

2 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

And politics is playing a role in this mess.

Yup. Noticed on Cdn news that the opposition parties giving their 1/2 cent's worth on how to handle things - long winded - changed channels then came back to original channel half an hour later and same guy was spouting his way- just to make sure people remember that there is more than just ruling party. Politicking - yuk

Sounds like in the US where cheques are being delayed so the president can have his name put on them - politicking - yuk

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/15/politics/us-intelligence-virus-started-chinese-lab/index.html

Back to this thinking again, I personally would not put it past the Chinese government or any government to do something so bizarre!

US explores possibility that coronavirus started in Chinese lab, not a market

"US intelligence and national security officials say the United States government is looking into the possibility that the novel coronavirus originated in a Chinese laboratory rather than a market, according to multiple sources familiar with the matter who caution it is premature to draw any conclusions.

The theory is one of multiple being pursued by investigators as they attempt to determine the origin of the coronavirus that has resulted in a pandemic and killed hundreds of thousands. The US does not believe the virus was associated with bioweapons research, and officials noted that the intelligence community is also exploring a range of other theories regarding the origination of the virus, as would typically be the case for high-profile incidents, according to an intelligence source."

I love how they announce these things to the public, giving the people a chance to hide any evidence if it "was" such a thing, lol. It's like watching James Bond shout from outside to the villian; "ALRIGHT, I'M GOING TO SNEAK BEHIND YOU, DON'T MOVE YET OK?" 😄