JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

30 minutes ago, cme said:

I wish the Governing Body would address this more pointedly to all of us around the world.  I need them to be more forward. More hands on. 

Your comments are appreciated by me. However, I am taking some time to process this above statement about the Governing Body. 

Only thing I know as a servant in the congregation is that from the Governing body update #1 and #2, from this being the Memorial season, all the assumed correspondence from the Governing Body to the branches to the circuit overseers to the bodies of elders worldwide and they to the publishers - I can't seem to process how they haven't did so in a 'pointedly' way and a way that didn't demonstrate to the worldwide organization in a 'forward' and 'hands on' kind of way especially in comparison to the world in general.

This is not a critique or disapproval of any what you state as an elder's wife, I am just trying to process that they haven't done more than I or we expect due to the circumstances. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

44 minutes ago, cme said:

This is a disease that has crippled the nation and the world and it  has been moving ever so slowly around the globee killing everyone who comes in contact with this vicious disease. 

Focus on the fact that while some do indeed die the vast majority do not. My wife had it and is now fine. It's likely the unwell feeling I had was also this virus just with very very light symptoms for me. 

The rest of your post regarding ministry and meetings etc I also wonder about. Here in the UK we cant do telephone or letter ministry. We really are stuck finding anyone to talk to. That's disconcerting.

3 minutes ago, AH173 said:

Your comments are appreciated by me. However, I am taking some time to process this above statement about the Governing Body. 

Only thing I know as a servant in the congregation is that from the Governing body update #1 and #2, from this being the Memorial season, all the assumed correspondence from the Governing Body to the branches to the circuit overseers to the bodies of elders worldwide and they to the publishers - I can't seem to process how they haven't did so in a 'pointedly' way and a way that didn't demonstrate to the worldwide organization in a 'forward' and 'hands on' kind of way especially in comparison to the world in general.

This is not a critique or disapproval of any what you state as an elder's wife, I am just trying to process that they haven't done more than I or we expect due to the circumstances. 

I am in agreement with your statement.  I guess what I want to say is a more direct approach to the friends. Like on "Broadcast".  Yes, they have been doing so, but, I guess that what I really want to say is a reassurance, the meaning of all of this.   Addressing the Great Crowd directly.  More detailed.  Do you get where I am coming from?  Alot of us are scared. Confused, waiting for more news.  Maybe i'm expecting too much.  I don't know.  But, this has become taxing on alot of us.  Maybe if they were to speak about it more often to the Great Crowd.  Relieve us of our fears.  We have been quarantined for over a month. So much letters you can write before your fingers become numb.  Some friends are dealing with this alone if they are single.  Others are quaranteened with unbelieving mates.  Others are sick (depression).  Maybe I'm asking for too much.

4 minutes ago, Mykyl said:

Focus on the fact that while some do indeed die the vast majority do not. My wife had it and is now fine. It's likely the unwell feeling I had was also this virus just with very very light symptoms for me. 

The rest of your post regarding ministry and meetings etc I also wonder about. Here in the UK we cant do telephone or letter ministry. We really are stuck finding anyone to talk to. That's disconcerting.

Yes, true.  But in the New York area we have had thousands upon thousands of death.  Even though we are quaranteened and the majority of witnesses have been spared of this, we have had some that died.  I do not take anyone's death lightly especially the friends.  To me one death is one too many.  Ever more so I pray that Jehovah's Kingdom advances quickly.  The United Kingdom has less population then we do.  I think New York City has more then the whole United Kingdom combined.  New York became the "hot bed" of the world.  It has been awful for us.

17 minutes ago, cme said:

Yes, true.  But in the New York area we have had thousands upon thousands of death.  Even though we are quaranteened and the majority of witnesses have been spared of this, we have had some that died.  I do not take anyone's death lightly especially the friends.  To me one death is one too many.  Ever more so I pray that Jehovah's Kingdom advances quickly.  The United Kingdom has less population then we do.  I think New York City has more then the whole United Kingdom combined.  New York became the "hot bed" of the world.  It has been awful for us.

Oh I agree absolutely. I want my parents to live right through to see the end of this system. They are well along in years waiting for the kingdom to come. I want it to come quickly. 

I dont see how population density makes it any easier or harder though. You said yourself one death is too many. I agree.

My point was in response to you saying it kills everyone it touches or something like that. Thats why I replied. Trying to get you to think of the reality of this horrible situation.

The whole of Europe is double the population of the US which is a closer comparison. The UK population is around 66 million. New york is around18 million.

Edited by Mykyl

14 minutes ago, cme said:

This is a disease that has crippled the nation and the world and it  has been moving ever so slowly around the globee killing everyone who comes in contact with this vicious disease.  If it were not for our beliefs and hope our minds could easily take over.  I wish the Governing Body would address this more pointedly to all of us around the world.  I need them to be more forward. More hands on.  However, with all that I said I know that I can still go to Jehovah and supplicate for calmness, patience and for more faith

Hi sister this is not outwardly directed at you, so dont take any offence of what i say dear sister.

But I think this is why the governing body tells us not to watch to much media because it puts so much fear into us, and I know a lot of us have a lot of spare time on our hands now due to stay at home procedures.

I've heard and read of so many media articles as proclaiming worst cast doom and gloom scenarios, and henceforth I will admit Im not in a country that is severely affected by covid 19 I'm in Satans she will be right country AU.

BUT the Fact is this virus does not kill everyone! only those with already bad underlying health conditions and elderly that have a lot of underlying health conditions. The Amount of Recoveries stands is 3 times greater then the deaths.

Also a media source from WHO also said that those who have recovered have not developed immunity but they do not have conclusive evidence. Its media sources like this that make you shake your head in utter disgust of there own misguided opinion.

I think it is in our best interest not believing every media source that are written by men and women with there own inept opinions and agenda. 

And continue to look to the Most high for Comfort and guidance.

15 minutes ago, Mykyl said:

Oh I agree absolutely. I want my parents to live right through to see the end of this system. They are well along in years waiting for the kingdom to come. I want it to come quickly. 

I dont see how population density makes it any easier or harder though. You said yourself one death is too many. I agree.

My point was in response to you saying it kills everyone it touches or something like that. Thats why I replied. Trying to get you to think of the reality of this horrible situation.

The whole of Europe is double the population of the US which is a closer comparison. The UK population is around 66 million. New york is around18 million.

9 minutes ago, Godskingdomrules said:

Hi sister this is not outwardly directed at you, so dont take any offence of what i say dear sister.

But I think this is why the governing body tells us not to watch to much media because it puts so much fear into us, and I know a lot of us have a lot of spare time on our hands now due to stay at home procedures.

I've heard and read of so many media articles as proclaiming worst cast doom and gloom scenarios, and henceforth I will admit Im not in a country that is severely affected by covid 19 I'm in Satans she will be right country AU.

BUT the Fact is this virus does not kill everyone! only those with already bad underlying health conditions and elderly that have a lot of underlying health conditions. The Amount of Recoveries stands is 3 times greater then the deaths.

Also a media source from WHO also said that those who have recovered have not developed immunity but they do not have conclusive evidence. Its media sources like this that make you shake your head in utter disgust of there own misguided opinion.

I think it is in our best interest not believing every media source that are written by men and women with there own inept opinions and agenda. 

And continue to look to the Most high for Comfort and guidance.

Brothers,

Thank you for being understanding and giving me information that I so much appreciate.  Man's government is flawed to a degree that warrants Jehovah's anger and elimination of such.  I find myself overwhelmed by this pandemic and news of it.  I don't think possibly that we will ever go back to normal but, only Jehovah knows.  We still have the "judgment call" to do.

But, as I said we have had thousands upon thousands that have died.  Body bags that even the morgue was so full that they could not fit in the dead.  Make shift morgues were made to accomodate the deceased.  Horrendous.  We had one sister in a nursing home that attended the meeting through Zoom.  It was heart wrenching to see her but, nevertheless she was there.  I heard she's doing better. Praise Jah.  Again, thank you for not being hard on me but, seeing through my words anguish and concern and hoping and praying that Jehovah brings this to an end. 

The Governing Body said that we need to stay calm and not to focus on the media. In Satan's world life is cheap.. 

For me, I only live this life because of Jehovah.. .. Id rather choose death rather than living in Satan's world. Its just so unfair.. But Jehovah allowed me to live in Satan's world and let me found Him. So there's nothing I can do. I have to live the best way He wants me to do. 

Friends, after feeling so down and depressed my husband shared with me a paper "Sunshine Coast Daily" in Queensland New Zealand about the JW writing a letter to a householder telling them how they respect not being able to go door to door because of the Covid-19 and how the house holder can get the answers to why the pandemic on JW.Org.

Jehovah is great!! He saw the anquish of my heart and replied through my husband who out of nowhere (because he did not know I was depressed) shared with me this beautiful experience.  My spirits soared!  Why?  Because we are making a difference even though we are behind closed doors.  But, no one can keep us from preaching the Good News of God's Kingdom.  It was printed in the "Sunshine Coast Daily" in New Zealand. 

So, if anyone is living there and you can get your hands on it, please share.

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

59 minutes ago, cme said:

Friends, after feeling so down and depressed my husband shared with me a paper "Sunshine Coast Daily" in Queensland New Zealand about the JW writing a letter to a householder telling them how they respect not being able to go door to door because of the Covid-19 and how the house holder can get the answers to why the pandemic on JW.Org.

Jehovah is great!! He saw the anquish of my heart and replied through my husband who out of nowhere (because he did not know I was depressed) shared with me this beautiful experience.  My spirits soared!  Why?  Because we are making a difference even though we are behind closed doors.  But, no one can keep us from preaching the Good News of God's Kingdom.  It was printed in the "Sunshine Coast Daily" in New Zealand. 

So, if anyone is living there and you can get your hands on it, please share.

I'm glad the news made you feel better. I don't live there...but google does😊

au.thumb.jpg.ca7fbd92fb2764568aa6d58c6f86d47e.jpg

Psalms 51:6 "In the secret self...may you cause me to know sheer wisdom"

51 minutes ago, EccentricM said:

What a contrast to those other churches rebelling against the lockdown.

And mosques, synagogues, Sikh and Hindu temples. 

I have read reports of Muslims in my home country and Pakistan refusing to believe that the new coronavirus can infect them, because "Allah protects his worshippers". So they have defiantly held mass prayer gatherings on Fridays. 

Ditto for the ultra Orthodox Jews in Israel who have the same mentality, and refuse to follow state orders during a lockdown.

I have also read a report about Sikhs in India who put up an armed resistance against police patrols that tried to clear streets. They beat up one officer and cut his hand off. Fortunately, he was rushed to hospital where doctors managed to reattach his limb. 

Hindus also have been reported to have attended festivals despite orders to the contrary. 

Also, the Russian Orthodox "Christians" are currently causing tensions by defying state orders to close churches and worship at home. 

Edited by Bek

Forgot to mention the Hindus

3 hours ago, cme said:

Maybe i'm expecting too much.  I don't know.  But, this has become taxing on alot of us.  Maybe if they were to speak about it more often to the Great Crowd.  Relieve us of our fears.  We have been quarantined for over a

Isn't this what the GB prepared you and rest of the brotherhood for until last year? This is the time to apply what they have been saying.i dont expect any more information  than given already. It's just to wait and see what will happen next..take courage sis things gonna be okay..

56 minutes ago, AH173 said:

We are in my field service group for letter writing this morning/afternoon a variation of this letter that was shared on another topic here at jwtalk. The friends in my group are encouraged greatly.

That's it!  Yes, it made my day. I felt so encouraged. Thank you my brother.  I will use some of the information to do my own letter writing.

48 minutes ago, My little flower said:

Isn't this what the GB prepared you and rest of the brotherhood for until last year? This is the time to apply what they have been saying.i dont expect any more information  than given already. It's just to wait and see what will happen next..take courage sis things gonna be okay..

Yes, the GB has been preparing us for a few years now for days like these.  However, that does not take away the human'nes and the fear that we as humans experience.  We all need encouragement from time to time.  Some of us more then others.  The day of Jehovah will strike fear in not only the world but, in all of us as well.  It is by his undeserved kindness if we make it.  But we don't know until we find ourselves on the other side.  I won't presume that he will save me, but, I will sure try as best I can.  I have felt the pain of these people losing loved ones to this covid-19 virus.  Not being able to speak/witness and give them hope.  I found myself frustrated and hopeless.  But, I know Jehovah is watching and has everything under controlled.

1 minute ago, cme said:

Yes, the GB has been preparing us for a few years now for days like these.  However, that does not take away the human'nes and the fear that we as humans experience.  We all need encouragement from time to time.  Some of us more then others.  The day of Jehovah will strike fear in not only the world but, in all of us as well.  It is by his undeserved kindness if we make it.  But we don't know until we find ourselves on the other side.  I won't presume that he will save me, but, I will sure try as best I can.  I have felt the pain of these people losing loved ones to this covid-19 virus.  Not being able to speak/witness and give them hope.  I found myself frustrated and hopeless.  But, I know Jehovah is watching and has everything under controlled.

I found great comfort and encouragement in these posts from a very wise and loving sister from New York: :D 

❤️1675078766_BigHugsSign.gif.181f800941cd4f05dbbfb271a85f76f2.gif ❤️

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

5 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I found great comfort and encouragement in these posts from a very wise and loving sister from New York: :D 

❤️1675078766_BigHugsSign.gif.181f800941cd4f05dbbfb271a85f76f2.gif ❤️

Thank you. Your reminders are timely. We all need comfort from others.  Even Jesus needed comfort.  It only shows you that, this sister is human.  I'm still here for you and others. 

Think on this. We , as Jehovah’s people are not as isolated as those in the world. We still have a form of our fellowship via Zoom meetings and occasional small scale personal visits ( respecting the direction of the local authorities always). We still have our friends and spiritual family globally to help us get through. Many in the world have no such support at all! They are facing this crisis entirely alone. This is why our ministry , such as it is currently, is so vital . Probably more than ever. 

All

There is a lot that we are going through. We are having the OV visit. He inform us that they and the elders have receiving a lot of info from the GB. Jehovah is taking care of us. We all need to be cool. Yes, brother Lett mentioned that we are living in the last of the last days. Probably many things went through minds he mention this.

I think we all need to take a deep breath and know that Jehovah is taking care of us even we we don.t see it.

5 hours ago, JennyM said:

The Governing Body said that we need to stay calm and not to focus on the media. In Satan's world life is cheap.. 

For me, I only live this life because of Jehovah.. .. Id rather choose death rather than living in Satan's world. Its just so unfair.. But Jehovah allowed me to live in Satan's world and let me found Him. So there's nothing I can do. I have to live the best way He wants me to do. 

You are a precious sister. I always look forward to seeing you on this "talk" app.  Stay faithful.  I hope to one day meet you in person.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/19/business/grocery-stores-coronavirus-pickup-delivery/index.html

Experts say it may be time for grocery stores to ban customers from coming inside

"Dozens of grocery store workers have died from the coronavirus, despite masks, temperature checks and capacity restrictions to keep them safe. So far, supermarkets have resisted the most draconian policy: banning customers from coming inside.

However, some worker experts, union leaders and small grocery owners believe it has become too dangerous to let customers browse aisles, coming into close range with workers. Grocery stores are still flooded with customers, and experts say it's time for large chains to go "dark" to the public and convert to curbside pickup and home delivery for food and other essential goods."

We better get use to curb side ordering/delivery, although where we shop very few workers are wearing a mask and maybe 1/4 of shoppers!