JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

5 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

This is from the American Lung Association..be sure to watch the video..I found it very informative..

https://www.lung.org/lung-health-diseases/lung-disease-lookup/covid-19/about-covid-19

I'm worried about this because of second hand smoke. My neighbors smoke comes into my apartment through vents and only God knows how else and I have no other choice but to breathe it in while home. But I know Jehovah can have Jesus resurrect me if I succumb to COVID-19 because of underlying health issues. But I wish I had a choice in having to breathe in second hand smoke from other people who chose to smoke.

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

1 minute ago, Life4u said:

I'm worried about this because of second hand smoke. My neighbors smoke comes into my apartment through vents and only God knows how else and I have no other choice but to breathe it in while home. But I know Jehovah can have Jesus resurrect me if I succumb to COVID-19 because of underlying health issues. But I wish I had a choice in having to breathe in second hand smoke from other people who chose to smoke.

Is it possible for you to invest in an air purifier? I have 2 in my house, and they are fantastic!

This is the one I own

1 minute ago, zoebarry said:

Is it possible for you to invest in an air purifier? I have 2 in my house, and they are fantastic!

This is the one I own

I used to own two of them in my other apartment but used them day and night and they went stopped working. Haven't been able to afford them since. But thanks for your thought.

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

32 minutes ago, Life4u said:

Is this something you could bring up to the management company?

Also, maybe try getting special allergen filters for your a/c..

NZ is heading out of lockdown level 4 on Tuesday ... it's been pretty strict with not even takeaways allowed ... and exercise only 25-30 min walk time from your house.  Tuesday takeaways will start up along with other businesses that don't have human contact ... so starting to ease due to us having such low levels of death and contacts who are positive for covid19.

Level 3 will be imposed for 2 weeks then we will go down to level 2 - that means work will open up for myself and others, however, because no-one is buying headstones right now my boss has said it's likely he'll shut down our shop but is trying to hold out as long as he can. (He's a great boss and has looked after my spirituality in regards to conventions and meetings).

We've had 14 deaths all over the age of 70 ... most related to a cluster in an Elderly resident home. 

Interesting to note too, that our PM moved in part to protect the island nations of Samoa, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Fiji, Tonga and the others who don't have the health system we have to cope with such a pandemic. So far, it has worked very well with a very low transferrance rate of 0.48 and lowering. Time will tell though as there is some concern that we are entering into the Winter Months and it may reoccur. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

1 hour ago, Life4u said:

I used to own two of them in my other apartment but used them day and night and they went stopped working. Haven't been able to afford them since. But thanks for your thought.

I think if you discuss this with your doctor, you may be able to get your health insurance to pay for air purifiers, of course, depending on your coverage.

I hope that something works out for you soon!

Daytona Beach police using drones with intercoms to enforce coronavirus closures https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2020/04/07/daytona-beach-police-using-drones-with-intercoms-to-enforce-coronavirus-closures/%3foutputType=amp

Actually a good idea. Why put police officers at risk just for social distancing!:itsoksign:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

7 minutes ago, cme said:

Was this announced on Morning Worship?  Can I find it on JW.Org?

Haven't seen it yet on JW org..only on meeting thread .. see link.

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

7 hours ago, Old said:

death rate has not gone up in your lifetime or mine whether for smoking or traffic accidents, it is still fixed at 100,000 deaths per 100,000 people.

Except that in many places only 20% of adults smoke ( this does not include the smoke that comes out your wife's ears which can be fatal )

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

NEWS

Coronavirus has mutated into at least 30 different strains, Chinese study finds
      In other words: all countries should immediately if not sooner suspend all travel too and from any other countries probably indefinitely unless a vaccine can be developed. Expect the economic toll to end the value of all current currencies globally. Tictictictic—

6 minutes ago, BenJepthah said:

NEWS

In other words: all countries should immediately if not sooner suspend all travel too and from any other countries probably indefinitely unless a vaccine can be developed. Expect the economic toll to end the value of all current currencies globally. Tictictictic—

Fear mongering or will it lead to GT? i have to wait and see. 

15 minutes ago, BenJepthah said:

NEWS

Please post link to article, thanks. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-singapore-migrants-idUSKBN2230RK

APRIL 21, 2020

The S11 dormitory: inside Singapore's biggest coronavirus cluster

S11 is one of many utilitarian housing blocks on the fringes of the modern city-state where more than 300,000 migrant labourers from Bangladesh, India and China live in rooms with bunks for 12 to 20 men

These dormitories, in areas tourists seldom visit, account for more than 75% of the country’s total infections after the city-state recorded its biggest jump in new cases on Monday. Nineteen dormitories have been quarantined so far, according to government notices, affecting tens of thousands of workers.

Rights groups have said the dormitories have highlighted a weak link in Singapore’s containment effort, which has otherwise won global plaudits

There are 43 such purpose-built dormitories in Singapore, housing 200,000 workers, 1,200 converted factories housing 95,000 workers and various other smaller temporary quarters..

Edited by M'Awan

https://www.newsweek.com/us-scientists-not-allowed-china-investigate-coronavirus-origins-mike-pompeo-1499705

U.S. SCIENTISTS NOT ALLOWED INTO CHINA TO INVESTIGATE CORONAVIRUS ORIGINS, MIKE POMPEO SAYS

"Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has accused China of not allowing American scientists to visit the country and investigate the origins of the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, delivering yet another attack on Beijing's handling of the crisis.

Pompeo told Fox News' The Ingraham Angle on Wednesday that China is not allowing "the transparency and openness we need" regarding the pandemic, which originated in the central Chinese city of Wuhan and has now spread worldwide.

Pompeo has been among the most vocal critics of China over COVID-19, echoing President Donald Trump's attacks on Beijing and peddling a conspiracy theory suggesting the virus' may have originated in a scientific research lab in Wuhan. There is currently no evidence to support the theory, but this has not stopped Pompeo and Trump from alluding to it."

Don't have it before me but a top US doctor got pushed aside because he dared to disagree with promoting a drug that has no evidence of being helpful in the Covid-19, but has shown harm. Drug promoted by you know who. 🙄

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/south-asia

Coronavirus: Millions in India on the brink of starvation despite overflowing granaries

Volunteers distribute food to homeless people in New Delhi, on April 15, 2020.

Millions of Indians could be on the brink of starvation, warn food policy experts. Independent researchers estimate that there have been at least 11 cases of people who died of hunger in the month since the lockdown. And these are only the deaths that have been reported.

A study which interviewed over 11,000 Indian migrant workers found that over half of them had food supplies for less than one day, and nearly three in four said they would run out of food in two days.

India is not short of food. Its food-grain godowns, run by the Food Corporation of India, are required to have a buffer stock of about 22 million tonnes to guarantee food security. Today, there is over three times that amount - 77 million tonnes - which could rise to 107 million tonnes after the spring harvest.

The surplus is so large that the government announced on Monday that some excess grain would be converted into ethanol for hand sanitisers. Yet, this grain is not feeding the hungriest.

Edited by M'Awan

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/23/health/us-coronavirus-thursday/index.html

Coronavirus spread 'under the radar' in US major cities since January, researchers say

The novel coronavirus silently spread in the United States earlier than previously thought, infecting tens of thousands of people in New York and other major cities, researchers say.

A new model by the Network Science Institute at Northeastern University in Boston shows the first infections came from China in early or mid-January, and that the virus went undetected because many people were not presenting symptoms.

"The disease spread under the radar," Alessandro Vespignani, director of the Network Science Institute, said on "CNN Newsroom" on Thursday.

The model suggests that while Americans were still focused on China, about 28,000 people in major cities -- such as New York, San Francisco and Seattle -- were infected by March 1.

Me - No doubt, this is why the virus seemed to spread at such a fast rate!

North Macedonia’s Orthodox Church Could Become a Coronavirus Super-Spreader
Despite an otherwise strict nationwide lockdown, the government’s politically motivated decision to allow Orthodox Christians to take communion from shared spoons could unleash a major COVID-19 outbreak.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/04/22/north-macedonia-orthodox-church-communion-could-become-a-coronavirus-super-spreader/