JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/28/asia/new-zealand-coronavirus-outbreak-elimination-intl-hnk/index.html

Thank you New Zealand! You and South Korea have shown the world to act fast and with intelligence. 

Reminds me of the Gibeonites in Joshua's day. 

Edited by AH173

Update

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

6 hours ago, Doug said:

I make no claims as to the veracity of this story by Yahoo!news

"Rumors over COVID-19 spur threats against church in rural North Carolina.  Burn it to the ground"

here's that story -  https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article242307531.html

"Rumors that a secretive and highly controversial Foothills church is harboring an outbreak of COVID-19 has unleashed a series of violent social media threats against the congregation.

One person on Facebook called for an “old timey lynching” if it can be proven that Word of Faith Fellowship in Spindale is fueling Rutherford County’s high rate of confirmed cases."

County health officials have refused to release specifics about where clusters of the coronavirus illness have occurred, citing federal and state privacy laws.

The void of information has been filled partially by widespread speculation that Word of Faith — the subject of fiery debate in and around Rutherford County for decades — has fueled the county’s outbreak.

"Word of Faith, about 70 miles from Charlotte, has been controversial long before the pandemic. Members pray, live and study together behind a gated road. The church’s own security force guards the entrance, and multiple families may share the same house."

On 4/26/2020 at 11:59 PM, Life4u said:

This virus is scary because of people being asymptomatic. People walking around not caring/not knowing that they are spreading the virus because they don't have symptoms. A scary thought! To me!

Oh believe you me there are some who KNOW they have it and recklessly break quarantine and leave the hospital because of their own selfish desires. 

April 28, 2020 - 07:30 AM EDT

Chinese scientists predict coronavirus won't be eradicated

BY MARINA PITOFSKY6

TWEET SHARE MORE

Chinese scientists said this week that they believe the novel coronavirus will not be eradicated, predicting that the disease could possibly return periodically like the flu.   

A group of Chinese viral and medical researchers told reporters in Beijing on Monday that the virus will likely not disappear like SARS because it can infect asymptomatic carriers, Bloomberg News reported, so people can spread the virus without experiencing symptoms like a fever and cough.

The researchers said Chinese health officials are still confirming dozens of asymptomatic carriers every day, the news outlet reported.  

my own thoughts: if this proves true then great pressure will be upon the principal nations to craft a unified response . The majority of the National Political leaders are in the viruses target age group and tend to heavily commingle and take frequent international trips. It seems increasingly likely that they will also find a public so fatigued by this threat that the public will be quite willing to go along with any ideas they choose to collectively initiate: # peace and security # mark of the beast# attack on BTG# we win!

Where's the Beef?

Trump to order meat processing plants to stay open

President Donald Trump is expected to sign a five-page executive order under the Defense Production Act to compel meat processing plants to remain open amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Trump had highlighted the order during an Oval Office meeting with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis that was opened up to reporters.

"We're going to sign an executive order today, I believe, and that'll solve any liability problems," Trump said on Tuesday.

The President is expected to sign the order after some companies, such as Tyson Foods, were considering only keeping 20% of their facilities open. The vast majority of processing plants could have shut down -- which would have reduced processing capacity in the country by as much as 80%, an official familiar with the order told CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/28/politics/defense-production-act-executive-order-food-supply/index.html

1 hour ago, bagwell1987 said:

Please put at least some of the article here, would like to know what the thought is.

Sorry about that.

VATICAN CITY (RNS) — After nearly 50 days of a nation-wide lockdown to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Italian government is beginning to outline “Phase Two,” which will allow the opening of some businesses and freedom of movement for currently home-bound citizens — but which will not allow Masses.

The leading coalition in Italy has decided that starting May 4, citizens will be able to leave the house freely without documentation and hold small wedding and funerals. Restaurants and other shops will open at half-capacity in mid-May; nothing has yet been said about gyms, cinemas and parks.

But what emerged from the consultation between governments and private entities is that religious gatherings and Masses will remain forbidden, at least for the time being.

The Italian prime minister, Giuseppe Conte, told reporters in a press conference on Sunday (April 26) that this was the result of “rigidity” within the scientific and technical committee charged with preventing the spread of the pandemic.

The news came as a blow for Italian Catholic bishops, who had consulted with the government for weeks to ensure that their religious freedom be respected as soon as the virus was under control.

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

On 4/27/2020 at 5:31 PM, Todd komaniak said:

So I think I've mentioned that even though I live in Sarasota I deliver mail in Bradenton and believe it or not I have delivered and picked up many many boxes from the Genesis 2 Church in Bradenton it's out of a house that they ship all those industrial bleach bottles of supposed cure for whatever

Screenshot_2020-04-27-17-34-18~2.png

What's on top of those poles?

Edited by 1gemstone

A bit further on the latest on covid19 and possible inflammation of blood vessels.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-29/kawasaki-disease-symptoms-is-it-linked-coronavirus-in-australia/12197008

“Kawasaki disease is a rare but potentially severe inflammatory condition in children, most common in those under five years old.

It is a form of vasculitis, which means it causes the walls of blood vessels in the body to become inflamed...

There are increasing reports that the illness we are seeing in adults, the sudden deterioration after one week, is due to changes in the blood vessels rather than changes in the lung," Dr Burgner said.“

Which may explain why some have had strokes. Maybe. It’s such a weird unpredictable disease. 

Third of hospitalised Covid-19 patients in UK have died, study finds

James GallagherHealth and science correspondent, BBC News

The biggest study of Covid-19 patients in the UK shows a third admitted to hospital have died.

Just under half have been discharged, with the rest still being treated.

Prof Calum Semple, the chief investigator from the University of Liverpool, said the

"crude hospital fatality rate is of the same magnitude as Ebola".

He said around 35-40% of hospitalised Ebola patients die.

"People need to hear this... this is an incredibly dangerous disease."

Nearly 17,000 patients from 166 hospitals were part of the study.

Obesity and age both increased the risk of death.

The study also confirmed that men are more likely to have severe disease, and the gap between outcomes for men and women gets wider with age.

Posted bcs of what is in bold

Edited by humblebumblebee

I think this says been around longer than they are telling us. I was traveling Europe in October/November and when I returned I was on my deathbed a couple weeks later. I tested negative for the flu and doc said they didn't know what I had but they treated me for pneumonia. I was so sick I thought I was going to die. Hallucinations, chills, high fever, and a dry cough that wouldn't end. Even after I was better oh, I couldn't breathe properly for over a month. It felt like there was a piece of a plastic Grocery Store bag in my lungs just flopping around when I would take a breath. I couldn't cough it up. My son's inhaler had no effect. It was literally a month before I could breathe again. I remember being scared to fall asleep because I thought I would stop breathing. But at one point I literally slept 5 days straight. I barely got up to go to the bathroom and drink water.

Then in January, same thing with my asthmatic son. He was in the ICU with an unknown respiratory illness. Negative for the flu. They treated him for pneumonia as well. He didn't honestly seem as bad as I was. He was in good spirits the whole time. I don't think he hallucinated. He did have a fever. And at one point his oxygen level was down in the low 80s and we took him to the ER. Same with my daughter that has no real health issues. Her O2 level got down into the low 80s and we took her to the ER. We just treated her at home with nebulizer treatments. She was really lethargic for over a month and lost a lot of weight. My wife had the same thing but it didn't really affect her so bad. My youngest son had diarrhea for a month straight and a fever and cough.

I would hope your medical doctor would test for antibodies from either you or your family. Not to donate blood /plasma but just to see if you had a trace of how your body fought the disease. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

19 hours ago, Lee49 said:

Where's the Beef?

Trump to order meat processing plants to stay open

President Donald Trump is expected to sign a five-page executive order under the Defense Production Act to compel meat processing plants to remain open amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Trump had highlighted the order during an Oval Office meeting with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis that was opened up to reporters.

"We're going to sign an executive order today, I believe, and that'll solve any liability problems," Trump said on Tuesday.

The President is expected to sign the order after some companies, such as Tyson Foods, were considering only keeping 20% of their facilities open. The vast majority of processing plants could have shut down -- which would have reduced processing capacity in the country by as much as 80%, an official familiar with the order told CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/28/politics/defense-production-act-executive-order-food-supply/index.html

I understand the importance of this to the economy and even national security, simultaneously when the Government seizes control of the means of production there is a name for that! 

We traveled out of town to attend the international convention in November 2019 and many bro and sis from Europe, US and other countries came. .. There were 26,000 attended the convention. On the 3rd day, I was severely sick that I couldn't get up and got high fever. We couldn't travel back right away because of my condition. We were 5 in my group and 3 of us was severely sick for 2 weeks and had a 5 weeks allergic cough..... Our elder got flu for 1 week and continued to be sick for another week. He got diarrhea. So when I heard this outbreak in China  last January.. I was just thinking it could  existed before that. 

1 hour ago, rolypoly said:

I think this says been around longer than they are telling us. I was traveling Europe in October/November and when I returned I was on my deathbed a couple weeks later. I tested negative for the flu and doc said they didn't know what I had but they treated me for pneumonia. I was so sick I thought I was going to die. Hallucinations, chills, high fever, and a dry cough that wouldn't end. Even after I was better oh, I couldn't breathe properly for over a month. It felt like there was a piece of a plastic Grocery Store bag in my lungs just flopping around when I would take a breath. I couldn't cough it up. My son's inhaler had no effect. It was literally a month before I could breathe again. I remember being scared to fall asleep because I thought I would stop breathing. But at one point I literally slept 5 days straight. I barely got up to go to the bathroom and drink water.

Then in January, same thing with my asthmatic son. He was in the ICU with an unknown respiratory illness. Negative for the flu. They treated him for pneumonia as well. He didn't honestly seem as bad as I was. He was in good spirits the whole time. I don't think he hallucinated. He did have a fever. And at one point his oxygen level was down in the low 80s and we took him to the ER. Same with my daughter that has no real health issues. Her O2 level got down into the low 80s and we took her to the ER. We just treated her at home with nebulizer treatments. She was really lethargic for over a month and lost a lot of weight. My wife had the same thing but it didn't really affect her so bad. My youngest son had diarrhea for a month straight and a fever and cough.

Actually the timetable you describe is consistent with what has been reported.