JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

1 hour ago, GraceH said:

Perhaps the vaccine will be the cry of peace and security...or the global ceasefire..perhaps both will be a part of a series of cries of peace and security. I guess...all you can do is slow the transmission until the vaccine is made, tested and distributed - which takes time. I would not worry - it is impossible to know.

From last week's co visit service talk :

What could deceive the masses in this proclamation of peace and security?

This statement is inserted for all congregations worldwide.

Current or future advances in the fields of medicine, science and agriculture will not lead to permanent peace and security

Edited by AH173

update

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

32 minutes ago, M'Awan said:

https://www.thedailybeast.com

Nearly 375 employees at a Missouri meat-packing plant who tested positive for coronavirus were all asymptomatic, CNN reports, citing the state department of health. 

Multiple meat-packing plants and food-processing facilities across the U.S., where people unavoidably work in close proximity, have seen outbreaks of the deadly virus, forcing shutdowns and sparking concerns of possible food shortages

Epidemiologists say the ability of the virus to be transmitted by carriers who do not feel unwell is key to its rapid transmission rate..

Do they have a test for asymptomatic people? If not, if we went back to meeting with each other at the KH, we may be asymptomatic and spread it to each other. I know it's a wise decision the FS made!

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

3 hours ago, Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual said:

Does anyone think Covid-19 will never cease to exist? Unless Jehovah destroys it by Armageddon?

Covid 19 will never cease to exist until Armageddon.  It may even exist afterwards. 

The Spanish Flu of 1918-1919 was the H1N1 Influenza. That flu still exists today.  The Bubonic plague still exists today.   These things never go away. 

Also I was thinking we maybe doing zoom meetings until next year... We have so many older friends in our hall and a lot of the older friends have preexisting conditions. So if someone in the hall was asymptomatic it could take out a lot of the older ones if we went back to meeting together face to face. Of course we will have to wait and see whatever the FDS tells us to do. I'm enjoying the zoom meetings such a loving provision❤

Edited by acm2625

6 hours ago, AH173 said:

This statement is inserted for all congregations worldwide.

Current or future advances in the fields of medicine, science and agriculture will not lead to permanent peace and security.

Nothing man does will end with permanent peace! Not sure what you meant by this. Anything could be what they deem to be the cause of that fake peace.

Edited by Mykyl

3 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

“Also, it is most likely that here will be no successful vaccine ever developed that can stop the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus.  Despite all the publicity and lies, it is impossible for a vaccine to be developed for a virus that has more complicated and far more potent attributes than the HIV virus, which for the last 30 year have yet to have a successful vaccine developed.

Medical researchers and governments should stop selling dreams to the public and instead focus on developing drugs that can suppress viral loads, suppress cytokine storms and also treat the various emerging clinical manifestations including not just pneumonia and ARD but also clotting issues, the damages of the epithelial linings of blood vessels and the gastrointestinal tract, the damages of renal cells, immune T-cells and even certain types of cardiac cells etc. There is not going to be a single drug that can cure or treat COVID-19 as it evolves to become more complicated.”

If this is true, it’s truly a blessing to know Jehovah will fix this soon. 

4 hours ago, My little flower said:

How will it continue to exist after armageddon?

It was never Jehovah's purpose that viruses cause humans to get sick. Illness is the result of imperfection. In the new system nobody will be sick ever again. 

Does that mean Jehovah will destroy all viruses or does that mean perfection will make us immune to viruses? 

My understanding of the scriptures is that Satan does not have the ability to create viruses.  Therefore they must have been created by Jehovah for some purpose. Now, im willing to be wrong on my conclusion. The fact is we don't know and the Bible is silent on the topic. We will have to wait and see.  

However, if Jehovah created viruses for some unknown purpose, then they might play a necessary role even in the new system.  Humans and animals today act in ways that are contrary to Jehovah's purpose so it stands to reason that microscopic life like viruses are no different. 

That is, if viruses are actually life. 

There have been a lot of interesting comments in this topic about how Covid19 has affected the world and what it might mean for our future. 

Just to get a different perspective on some of the opinions and thoughts here, I read the topic again and replaced 'covid19' and 'coronavirus' with the word "cancer". It gives the thread a completely different perspective. 

Some interesting facts about cancer:

It was discovered over 200 years ago, it has killed millions of people, there isn't a cure and it hasn't started the GT

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Cancer kills around 10 million a year. You can't catch it from someone breathing on you. 

Coronavirus is caught just by normal day to day life. Doing nothing it was expected that half a million people would die in the UK alone. Instead we locked down tight and still its almost 30,000 people dead so far in a short period of time.

We can't do normal life.

This virus just needs 20 particles for an individual to be infected.

They don't know if it will reoccur although its likely or if we get long term immunity to it yet.

One of the UK goverment bods stated just last night that although he has previously caught and survived it he would not risk being around those who have it until they know it really cannot be caught again.

So normality will not return until certain questions are answered in a positive way.

How many millions could die from coronavirus in its current form if we don't get long term immunity? 

Can't compare I'm afraid.

Hopefully the answers are yes we get long term immunity and we can stop folks dying from it.  Then we can get back to some form of normality.... Once the damage has been paid for. 😉

Edited by Mykyl

41 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

I think something more sinister is going on with this Covid-19...

Very possibly. I think it's likely. Still, as christians we need to very careful to remain obedient and in willing relative subjection to such authorities. We already know that all governments are corrupt because the Bible tells us so. So how does learning about this corruption protect us? The woman in that video mentioned Suramin for Autism. As someone who still struggles due to Autism and suffered chronic viral infections for much of my life, that is something close to my heart. But I feel like hearing this endangers my neutrality, does not give me a positive outlook or truly benefit me in any lasting way. Jehovah's Kingdom is the only hope.

(Matthew 5:41) and if someone in authority compels you into service for a mile, go with him two miles.
(Romans 16:19) I want you to be wise as to what is good, but innocent as to what is evil.
(Psalm 118:6-9) Jehovah is on my side; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?  7 Jehovah is on my side as my helper; I will look in triumph on those who hate me.  8 It is better to take refuge in Jehovah Than to trust in humans.  9 It is better to take refuge in Jehovah Than to trust in princes.

Edited by Myew

8 hours ago, Shawnster said:

It was never Jehovah's purpose that viruses cause humans to get sick. Illness is the result of imperfection. In the new system nobody will be sick ever again. 

Does that mean Jehovah will destroy all viruses or does that mean perfection will make us immune to viruses? 

My understanding of the scriptures is that Satan does not have the ability to create viruses.  Therefore they must have been created by Jehovah for some purpose. Now, im willing to be wrong on my conclusion. The fact is we don't know and the Bible is silent on the topic. We will have to wait and see.  

However, if Jehovah created viruses for some unknown purpose, then they might play a necessary role even in the new system.  Humans and animals today act in ways that are contrary to Jehovah's purpose so it stands to reason that microscopic life like viruses are no different. 

That is, if viruses are actually life. 

Then who created or instigated Jobs boils? Satan.  We know that the bible talks of plagues on Egypt caused by the Almighty.  Locusts, ex.  However, this plague is the sign of the conclusion of system of things. Markers if you will, on the journey to the GT.  We can see all signs coming together.  Man has ruined its way on the earth.  This is soon coming to a close.

There are 91 reported COVID-19 cases in the Upper Peninsula: 49 in Marquette County, 14 in Delta County, six each in Menominee and Mackinac Counties, four in Gogebic County, three each in Dickinson and Schoolcraft Counties, two each in Chippewa and Houghton Counties, and one case each in Baraga and Luce Counties.

There are 13 deaths reported in the Upper Peninsula. Eight in Marquette County, two each in Delta and Dickinson Counties, and one in Gogebic County.

Also today: The Wuhan coronavirus has now killed twice as many Americans as the seasonal flu kills in an entire year. And the fatality rate in Michigan is rapidly approaching 10 percent. This virus is extremely dangerous, and if we are careless in the reopening of the economy, the virus will surge back in a "second wave."

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

2 minutes ago, Loopy said:

There are 91 reported COVID-19 cases in the Upper Peninsula: 49 in Marquette County, 14 in Delta County, six each in Menominee and Mackinac Counties, four in Gogebic County, three each in Dickinson and Schoolcraft Counties, two each in Chippewa and Houghton Counties, and one case each in Baraga and Luce Counties.

There are 13 deaths reported in the Upper Peninsula. Eight in Marquette County, two each in Delta and Dickinson Counties, and one in Gogebic County.

Also today: The Wuhan coronavirus has now killed twice as many Americans as the seasonal flu kills in an entire year. And the fatality rate in Michigan is rapidly approaching 10 percent. This virus is extremely dangerous, and if we are careless in the reopening of the economy, the virus will surge back in a "second wave."

Yes it will and with a vengeance.  But, in the midst of all of this something will happen.

17 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Covid 19 will never cease to exist until Armageddon.  It may even exist afterwards. 

The Spanish Flu of 1918-1919 was the H1N1 Influenza. That flu still exists today.  The Bubonic plague still exists today.   These things never go away. 

They will go away in the new world to come.  This is all imperfections of man and the planet.

1 hour ago, cme said:

Then who created or instigated Jobs boils? Satan.  We know that the bible talks of plagues on Egypt caused by the Almighty.  Locusts, ex.  However, this plague is the sign of the conclusion of system of things. Markers if you will, on the journey to the GT.  We can see all signs coming together.  Man has ruined its way on the earth.  This is soon coming to a close.

Not all illness has as a goal to cause harm. Sometimes it may be viewed as a means to cause growth and personal development. 
    Nebuchadnezzar,for example, was humbled by Jehovah through the vehicle of some form

of Mental Illness.  This was NOT an example of Jehovah doing harm or trying with evil ( Jehovah doesn’t do that ) but rather a form of corrective discipline. 
   In some ways , the current signs of the parosea may be viewed as an expression of God’s love to humankind in general. Jehovah isn’t “causing” them but is allowing them to serve as a goade of sorts to bring those who are rightly disposed to a state of repentance. And still, as predicted In The scriptures many will blaspheme and curse God .  
     So, did Jehovah create viruses ? Well, the funny thing about viruses and Prions is that they are kind of like semi organized mistakes in computer code ( at least according to

my limited understanding). They aren’t alive as we understand life. They function in a rather mechanical way ( compare to Star Trek Borge Nanites )They may actually be a resultant side effect of our imperfect state. They may not have been “ created “ at all . 

1 hour ago, cme said:

Yes it will and with a vengeance.  But, in the midst of all of this something will happen.

They will go away in the new world to come.  This is all imperfections of man and the planet.

The viruses and microorganisms. Humans will be restored to Perfection and therefore be immune.  Really the current state of the human genome 🧬 is quite pathetic compared to the past. Something like 90% of the male side of the human genome has been wiped out sometime prior to Noah’s flood.