JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

52 minutes ago, JennyM said:

People are getting hopeless these days. Its a real blessing that we as jw are trained to trust and have hope in Jehovah. ... That there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. 

That is exactly the difference maker. I wouldn’t be surprised if Armageddon took on the aspect of a global series of suicides. Or a massive global circular firing squads

Wuhan Institute of Virology (China) Sought to Patent Gilead’s Remdesivir

Mar 16, 2020 | China, Coronavirus, COVID-19, Patents, Popular Posts, Remdesivir, Wuhan Institute of Virology of the Chinese Academy of Sciences | 6 comments

If this article is real then by January 21st the Chinese government was moving to patent an unproven drug ( now known to be of value)to treat SARS cov-2. Meanwhile continuing to tell the world that there was no human to human transmission. On the recommendation of the Wuhan Institute of Virology.  
     But hey! There’s no evidence AT ALL of anything suspicious. 

5 hours ago, BenJepthah said:

That is exactly the difference maker. I wouldn’t be surprised if Armageddon took on the aspect of a global series of suicides. Or a massive global circular firing squads

Would the nations know that Jehovah sentenced them to death in such a scenario? 

22 hours ago, rolypoly said:

I think this says been around longer than they are telling us. I was traveling Europe in October/November and when I returned I was on my deathbed a couple weeks later. I tested negative for the flu and doc said they didn't know what I had but they treated me for pneumonia. I was so sick I thought I was going to die. Hallucinations, chills, high fever, and a dry cough that wouldn't end. Even after I was better oh, I couldn't breathe properly for over a month. It felt like there was a piece of a plastic Grocery Store bag in my lungs just flopping around when I would take a breath. I couldn't cough it up. My son's inhaler had no effect. It was literally a month before I could breathe again. I remember being scared to fall asleep because I thought I would stop breathing. But at one point I literally slept 5 days straight. I barely got up to go to the bathroom and drink water.

Then in January, same thing with my asthmatic son. He was in the ICU with an unknown respiratory illness. Negative for the flu. They treated him for pneumonia as well. He didn't honestly seem as bad as I was. He was in good spirits the whole time. I don't think he hallucinated. He did have a fever. And at one point his oxygen level was down in the low 80s and we took him to the ER. Same with my daughter that has no real health issues. Her O2 level got down into the low 80s and we took her to the ER. We just treated her at home with nebulizer treatments. She was really lethargic for over a month and lost a lot of weight. My wife had the same thing but it didn't really affect her so bad. My youngest son had diarrhea for a month straight and a fever and cough.

https://www.rt.com/news/487294-france-coronavirus-strain-italy-china/

Article suggests Covid19 was around some time before China and outside of China

@Zephyr

Strange. Not sure what to think of that article, the comments section is full of conspiracy nuts. Is there further confirmation of this?

RT stands for "Russia today", so it could be a ruse from the "King" to cover for their "Northern" allies... trying to make it look like an Anglo-American conspiracy. (Aka more "pushing and shoving")

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/rt-news/

Overall, we rate RT Questionable based on promoting pro-Russian propaganda, promotion of conspiracy theories, numerous failed fact checks and a lack of author transparency.

Edited by EccentricM

21 hours ago, luisenriquereyes said:

Our circuit overseer and his wife both came back to the Dominican Republic from the Philippines International Convention in November very sick. It took them almost 2 weeks to get better.

It was an enclosed venue... It could be really that the virus was already there ..Maybe it was starting to mutate. 

I got high fever and whopping cough for 5 weeks.. Our elder had stomachache and a flu.. My traveling buddy, a sister got very sick for 2 weeks. I have been to a close stadium before here too in 2011, but no one got sick. 

I suspected before that since the air conditioned venue was owned by a chinese businessman, maybe he hated jw much  that they put something inside of it....The volunteers who only stayed there for a day never got sick but we attended it for 3 days. 

Edited by JennyM

37 minutes ago, humblebumblebee said:

Breaking Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin has tested positive for coronavirus.

What will USA president and vice president do now?? 

According to a report by the Proekt investigative outlet published earlier this week, cabinet members and staffers who have direct contact with Mishustin are regularly tested for Covid-19. Other staffers are required to wear face masks.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/04/30/russian-pm-mishustin-diagnosed-with-coronavirus-a70160

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

13 minutes ago, AH173 said:

What will USA president and vice president do now?? 

Just heard on msnbc that vp wore a mask touring a ventilator factory. Ha. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

2 hours ago, JennyM said:

It was an enclosed venue... It could be really that the virus was already there ..Maybe it was starting to mutate. 

I got high fever and whopping cough for 5 weeks.. Our elder had stomachache and a flu.. My traveling buddy, a sister got very sick for 2 weeks. I have been to a close stadium before here too in 2011, but no one got sick. 

I suspected before that since the air conditioned venue was owned by a chinese businessman, maybe he hated jw much  that they put something inside of it....The volunteers who only stayed there for a day never got sick but we attended it for 3 days. 

Talking about sickness. In January I had Laryngitis. If I had it in March, they were thought I had the virus and freak out too. Thank God I had it the right time.

20 minutes ago, BenJepthah said:

Good, maybe he has taken a dose of humility. 

If one as acted like them for decades, it is doubtful to me.

1 minute ago, AH173 said:

If one as acted like them for decades, it is doubtful to me.

Honestly I haven’t even known his name for more than five years and I live in Indiana . Besides, even a normally humble man can occasionally break his own trend then self correct or be corrected. Moses for example.

3 minutes ago, BenJepthah said:

Honestly I haven’t even known his name for more than five years and I live in Indiana

I would hope that the whole world have seen the 3 1/2 year act they have been putting on. If it isn't obvious to many, I do not know what else to say about the situation.

5 hours ago, humblebumblebee said:

Breaking Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin has tested positive for coronavirus.

Isn't he one of the people that we mailed letters to during the campaign :confused:

Edited by luisenriquereyes

7 minutes ago, Todd komaniak said:

What do you mean the last three and a half years don't you mean 243 years?

I'm so sorry. I forgot you had those internet Jedi and Vulcan mind meld skills. :lol1:

On 4/29/2020 at 11:16 AM, rolypoly said:

I think this says been around longer than they are telling us.

I agree with you. I’ve heard others say they’ve had similar experience to you. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

4 hours ago, BenJepthah said:

Honestly I haven’t even known his name for more than five years and I live in Indiana . Besides, even a normally humble man can occasionally break his own trend then self correct or be corrected. Moses for example.

In contrast, VPOTUS is from my hometown so, yeah, I've known his name all my life. 

10 hours ago, luisenriquereyes said:

Isn't he one of the people that we mailed letters to during the campaign :confused:

No, Mishustin is new. He was appointed only a few months ago. Before that he was not widely known even in Russia. 

The one you mean is Dmitry Medvedev.