JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

I think the thing that turns many away from Trump is in abiliy to hold to the truth. I guess his Dad never told him about George Washington and the cherry tree, or maybe that is why he isn't a stickler for the truth, he new the Geaoge Washington story was an un-truth. All presidents lie, he is just more obvious in his lying. I think the key to having a perspective is to ask yourself "Would I buy a used car from this man?"

Of course my hand is out for the $1800 he is sending me, hard to not like a guy like that. B)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

3 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

That is not what Trump is saying, though. The President has stated he was being sarcastic when he made the controversial comment. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-says-he-was-being-sarcastic-comments-about-injecting-disinfectants-n1191991

So, was he being sarcastic or was he making a legitimate medical suggestion as you stated above? 

I watched him say it and it did not appear to be as much sarcastic as it seemed to be a display of ignorance in how it would be received.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

33 minutes ago, Old said:

I watched him say it and it did not appear to be as much sarcastic as it seemed to be a display of ignorance in how it would be received.

Me too.

I take no sides with bloodguilty men or organizatons and no standing with unrepentant liars.

image.png.8c519ea02a68c755a37ca76330c4f3b5.png

image.thumb.png.68061259caea0647448d5f628e63ce1d.png

image.thumb.png.814c1bceb52c597f412e860ccb2de12d.png

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

No evidence we get immunity after having COVID-19 😱😱

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/no-evidence-people-with-coronavirus-are-immunised-says-who

Whenever I read this sort of headline (and they’ve been a few repeating this same thing), it just impresses upon me how massive the impact of this disease really is. It’s going to stay around for a long time, not even a vaccine can cure if it mutates, like it has already done and like the flu mutates every year. Like the common cold mutates every year. We don’t usually die from other coronaviruses, but COVID-19 has been insidious, leading to all sorts of symptoms and affecting all organs and body symptoms.

I really think it’s very close to the end for this system. Humans cannot subdue this disease like they could in the past. This will prove that the scientists are not “God’s” after all.

6 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/no-evidence-people-with-coronavirus-are-immunised-says-who

Whenever I read this sort of headline (and they’ve been a few repeating this same thing), it just impresses upon me how massive the impact of this disease really is. It’s going to stay around for a long time, not even a vaccine can cure if it mutates, like it has already done and like the flu mutates every year. Like the common cold mutates every year. We don’t usually die from other coronaviruses, but COVID-19 has been insidious, leading to all sorts of symptoms and affecting all organs and body symptoms.

I really think it’s very close to the end for this system. Humans cannot subdue this disease like they could in the past. This will prove that the scientists are not “God’s” after all.

One of my favorite phrases is “ Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence “  there probably just isn’t enough data yet to establish that recovered persons are immune. 

12 hours ago, Old said:

I had to go back and watch it myself due to this conversation. My take ( which is not any better than anyone else’s ) is that he was trying to be flippant and maybe humorous ( or his approximation of humor anyway). He said something like “ your looking into that right? “ to the actual medical professionals .  Which seemed like a joke. But actually ( and I doubt the president is aware of this procedure) there is a procedure called a bronchial wash that employs something along the lines of an disinfectant to literally wash part of the airway. So this isn’t exactly unheard of it just isn’t anywhere near the degree implied.  

39 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

I emailed https://www.numatic.co.uk to ask if their Hepa-Flo vacuum bags could be used to make face masks.

E4BCFEF8-D08B-4817-83EA-BAA981D4AC41.jpeg.62fc615ae4c4b64b82b39be34391d31b.jpeg

Nice Inquiry. One of my coworkers is using these to make masks. I use a 2 liter bottle and a filtrate merv-13 furnace filter to make my most effective version. It looks like a beak but it works.

17 minutes ago, BenJepthah said:

Nice Inquiry. One of my coworkers is using these to make masks. I use a 2 liter bottle and a filtrate merv-13 furnace filter to make my most effective version. It looks like a beak but it works.

It sounds like that design would provide a lot of surface area.  Good idea.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

THE DEVIL! IMHO...emoji6.png

I would guess only in the sense that all disease is from the devil.  Of course, this assumes Satan created disease.  That most likely is not the case as the scriptures do not indicate Satan has any creative abilities.

It was said once that we really shouldn't give Satan the devil more credit than he deserves.

1 hour ago, BenJepthah said:

David, who is Chris?

Edited by Shawnster

CBS Sunday morning has a nice synopsis of the covid-19 developments. The current administration done away with previous administration's pandemic playbook is mentioned.

Edited by AH173

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

37 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

I would guess only in the sense that all disease is from the devil.  Of course, this assumes Satan created disease.  That most likely is not the case as the scriptures do not indicate Satan has any creative abilities.

It was said once that we really shouldn't give Satan the devil more credit than he deserves.

David, who is Chris?

ChrisC full access user.

Edited by BenJepthah

12 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I wonder how many recovered people are being tested to see if there is any immunity. 

11 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Ahh.  Helps if I put my glasses on 🤣

Well I had to go take a memory pill to remember who Chris was. So there’s that. 

11 minutes ago, Bob said:

I wonder how many recovered people are being tested to see if there is any immunity. 

And I’m wondering HOW you test that? 

19 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

thought of him as just a corporate business man. He's running things like he's accustomed to.

17 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Sounds like a politician to me

Corrupt corporate businessman. Haven't thought well of him as a person since he 1st impinged himself on my consciousness in early 90s.

He likes Power and seems to want to be a dictator  "Absolute Power" -his own words :facepalmpo2:

Edited by pnutts

added comment.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

From whom?  

It's not from Jehovah as the Bible makes that clear. 

....that's why I didn't put Devil in my post...so he didn't get any cred.......and to me the wicked one creates/wreaks havoc and Jesus will break up his works

1 John 3:8 The one who practices sin originates with the Devil, because the Devil has been sinning from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was made manifest, to break up the works of the Devil.

5 hours ago, Bob said:

5 hours ago, BenJepthah said:

Well I had to go take a memory pill to remember who Chris was. So there’s that. 

And I’m wondering HOW you test that? 

https://www.who.int/news-room/commentaries/detail/immunity-passports-in-the-context-of-covid-19

From WHO website:

Laboratory tests that detect antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 in people, including rapid immunodiagnostic tests, need further validation to determine their accuracy and reliability. Inaccurate immunodiagnostic tests may falsely categorize people in two ways. The first is that they may falsely label people who have been infected as negative, and the second is that people who have not been infected are falsely labelled as positive. Both errors have serious consequences and will affect control efforts. These tests also need to accurately distinguish between past infections from SARS-CoV-2 and those caused by the known set of six human coronaviruses. Four of these viruses cause the common cold and circulate widely. The remaining two are the viruses that cause Middle East Respiratory Syndrome and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome. People infected by any one of these viruses may produce antibodies that cross-react with antibodies produced in response to infection with SARS-CoV-2.

At this point in the pandemic, there is not enough evidence about the effectiveness of antibody-mediated immunity to guarantee the accuracy of an “immunity passport” or “risk-free certificate.” People who assume that they are immune to a second infection because they have received a positive test result may ignore public health advice. The use of such certificates may therefore increase the risks of continued transmission. As new evidence becomes available, WHO will update this scientific brief.