JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

Don't forget Glenn Howe QC in Canada. Funny thing is I called on a judge in Parry Sound, ON area that was across the bench from him and they became friends.

The judge even attended Glenn's wedding when Glenn remarried after death of his 1st wife. 😁

I still know which house the judge lived in. It was on east side of the North Road, just over the crest of a hill. ( I worked in that territory a lot )

- I assume he has passed away by now - he was not a young man in the early 90's.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

22 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

It is possible. The international community would have to seize all foreign ( China Owned) assets in other lands and freeze bank accounts. In the US alone a great amount of property including some meat processing plants are Chinese owned. The problem would be in differentiating between those properties and businesses owned by Chinese individuals and those actually owned by the CCP through individuals.  It’s the CCP that would actually be culpable in neglecting to warn and contain. 

10 hours ago, Barbllm said:

Over 70% of inmates in one Ohio prison have COVID-19:

I think this will happen at all prisons. And I can think of no way to stop it.  Remember, a prison is more akin to a cruise ship than a home quarantine in terms of difficulty to isolate. Small, cramped quarters, bad ventilation and ventilation between cells, frequently crowded common areas, and rooms too small to be confined to without major repercussions to physical and mental health. Add in generally poor hygiene, centrally prepared meals and a requirement to frequently check on inmates, and you quickly see how there are multiple infection vectors that can run through the population, meaning lockdown in prison is quite the opposite of isolation.

What to do: install industrial air handlers at the end of each ward and open up windows ( such as they are ) to allow the air from outside to flow through the prison. It may get a little chilly but at least the air won’t be heavily viral loaded. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52363852

Immigration to US to be halted due to virus - Trump

"US President Donald Trump has announced he will sign an executive order to temporarily suspend all immigration to the US to fight the coronavirus.

On Twitter, He cited "the attack from the Invisible Enemy", as he calls coronavirus, "as well as the need to protect the jobs of our GREAT American Citizens".

There are no other details so far.

It comes as the White House also argues the worst of the pandemic is over and the country can begin reopening."

2020-04-20_21h59_39.png

8 hours ago, Lee49 said:

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/head-warns-worst-virus-ahead-70245421

“Trust us.”

Don't think so! What does the scripture warn us about putting trust in nobles? (Ps. 146:3)

Me - so why are most states/countries opening up the business markets so soon, the worry of economic collapse?

Multi-billionnaires have gone on record recently to say the death of several thousands may be necessary for the "good of the economy."  So they foolishly adhere to the ideal of profits over people -- while they are comfortably nestled in their bunkers and private islands far away from the crisis.

Jesus' words no doubt rang true when he was on earth...and they rang true more today that it's easier for a camel to get through the eye of a needle, than a rich man to enter into the Kingdom of God.

I find this situation very interesting...

Mankind were all living their lives prior to this at what seemed like a thousand miles per hour.

Keeping up with secular jobs, looking after families, paying the bills, looking after sick or elderley relatives etc.

No time to rest, no time to really rejuvenate, no time to process anything but the immediate needs at hand. So much information to process, so many little (and big) things to do and sort out. Life became like a whirlwind, spinning people round and round, only then to dizzily stumble from one task to the next. No time to reflect on a creator, no time (or need) to think about mortality or spiritual matters or other big questions in life. In some, those questions likely surfaced from time to time, but Satan's world pushed these surfacing spiritual needs back under the surface, to drown out the arm reaching out to the heavens for answers.

In the meantime, time keeps on creeping along, edging closer to the GT. The time when everyone's everlasting life prospects would be determined.

"Sure, it would be nice to live in a new world, no sickness, ageing etc" says the person we meet in the field ministry. "But I have no time"

Well, along comes a tiny, microscopic virus which causes lockdowns around the world. People lose their jobs, businesses, livelihoods, and other sources of security. Streets are empty of cars and people (unless exercising). People confined to their homes. The din of the 21st century has been silenced. People scared, unsure, coping with a realisation that things were not as secure as they thought. Religion not providing any answers. People suspiciously treating each other as if infected and diseased, keeping the minimum social distance. Governments spending vast sums of money to prevent economies spiralling into the abyss. Despite this, in many lands, people are paid a modest allowance from the government to cover bills and expenses for the next few months. After that who knows, but at least the immediate needs of people are being met.

(speculating now)

Jehovah then says "Everyone, now that I have your attention, I have something very important to say that you need to listen to".  (enter next phase of preaching activity)

I personally feel that there are preparations being made in the background by the GB that we are not aware of yet.

https://www.newsweek.com/arrest-warrant-issued-pastor-tony-spell-allegedly-backing-church-bus-towards-coronavirus-protester-1499072

ARREST WARRANT ISSUED FOR PASTOR TONY SPELL FOR ALLEGEDLY BACKING CHURCH BUS TOWARDS CORONAVIRUS PROTESTER

"Tony Spell of the Life Tabernacle Church in Baton Rouge, Louisiana allegedly backed a church bus towards an individual protesting Spell's services at his church during the coronavirus pandemic on Sunday, causing the Central Police Department to issue a warrant for Spell's arrest on Monday.

Spell has previously raised controversy because of his response to coronavirus in his area, which has gone against stay-at-home orders issued by Governor John Bel Edwards.

Spell allegedly drove a bus in reverse toward Trey Bennett, who has protested services during the coronavirus pandemic at Life Tabernacle Church before. While the governor's executive order placed a ban on public gatherings of over 10 people, Spell claims to have had over 1,000 people attend worship at the church while the order has been active.

Newsweek reached out to the Life Tabernacle Church for comment but did not receive a response in time for publication."

Some ''experts'' think that at the end 50% of worlds population will get this virus at some point. If that is so, lets see if Jehovahs timetable allows that. I'm wondering if goverments start in month or two to open things up again so that economy will not collapse, will governing body also put us back to kingdom halls? Or will they do their own analysis about situation and wait, because virus could start then spread again in much faster speed. It's hard and heavy decision to make. And could get many Jws killed. Will we ever go back to kingdom halls in this system? I think not very soon...

28 minutes ago, harmania said:

Some ''experts'' think that at the end 50% of worlds population will get this virus at some point. If that is so, lets see if Jehovahs timetable allows that. I'm wondering if goverments start in month or two to open things up again so that economy will not collapse, will governing body also put us back to kingdom halls? Or will they do their own analysis about situation and wait, because virus could start then spread again in much faster speed. It's hard and heavy decision to make. And could get many Jws killed. Will we ever go back to kingdom halls in this system? I think not very soon...

I’d never thought of this. That the GB might say ‘ not yet’ even when governments have said it’s ok to meet for worship again. Has this happened in countries where restrictions have been eased? 

Here in Aus we have so far dodged a bullet it would seem. Only just over 70 dead for 6000+ cases. 

12 minutes ago, JennyM said:

Is it true that there are some 500+ jw's already died in the US due to covid19?

I hadn’t heard but I’m sure some brothers and sisters have died. I hope it’s not that many 🙁

Flattening the curve .  The entire idea of social distancing to the degree it is being practiced in many lands won’t actually save lives. At least not many. Because the virus is sooo contagious eventually it will reach the vulnerable.  And those who are especially vulnerable will die. So what is actually happening. 
       By attempting to flatten the curve governments are trying to ease the surge of very sick patients in hospitals. Places like New York actually have fewer available Hospital beds and equipment than smaller cities like Cincinnati Ohio. The result is that the New York Hospitals simply are overwhelmed even with “ social distancing “ and with the concentration of people in the area the actual practice is ineffective.  But what will happen when restrictions are eventually lifted?

While most people may already have been exposed the vulnerable 10% or so will likely still become infected and many of those will still die even if the numbers of the very sick are not overwhelming. Why?

The victims that are actually dieing are typically already sick from some other condition . They likely would be dead within a year or two even if the virus didn’t exist. The virus is less their executioner and more their undertaker. In some lands in which social distancing isn’t being practiced ( Turkmenistan leaps to mind) their death tolls are going to be high in the short term but in the long term they will be no higher per capita  than the countries practicing social distancing. And they will have not sacrificed their economy ( such as it may be).

In summary, the end result may not actually be a lower mortality rate . Just a longer period in which the deaths occur. And the trade off will be a longer term rise in deaths related to economic instability. Nobody wins. 
    But then again I could be misreading the situation just as badly as the WHO has so far.

Edited by BenJepthah

1 hour ago, shans81 said:

I’d never thought of this. That the GB might say ‘ not yet’ even when governments have said it’s ok to meet for worship again. Has this happened in countries where restrictions have been eased? 

Here in Aus we have so far dodged a bullet it would seem. Only just over 70 dead for 6000+ cases. 

I hadn’t heard but I’m sure some brothers and sisters have died. I hope it’s not that many 🙁

Thankfully not that many when this was announced..but by now?..maybe more..

Screenshot_2020-04-18-11-20-22-1.png

Edited by SUNRAY

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

14 hours ago, Lee49 said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52363852

Immigration to US to be halted due to virus - Trump

"US President Donald Trump has announced he will sign an executive order to temporarily suspend all immigration to the US to fight the coronavirus.

On Twitter, He cited "the attack from the Invisible Enemy", as he calls coronavirus, "as well as the need to protect the jobs of our GREAT American Citizens".

There are no other details so far.

It comes as the White House also argues the worst of the pandemic is over and the country can begin reopening."

2020-04-20_21h59_39.png

Perfect decision. 

1 hour ago, zoebarry said:

Yes, I personally know a sister who has died from Covid-19.

An elder from one of my former congregations  that I’ve stayed in contact with, sent me a message 2 days ago....😪

A brother (MS) from our cong. texted me he knows a young sister who died from it. She apparently did not have any underline health issue. 

My daughter has had Covid-19 she thinks & self isolated for 7 days She had very mild symptoms though but she did say she'd never had anything like it before She had a headache for a week & it was the breathlessness that she said was the worst symptom

She teaches singing to special needs children so she thinks she caught it from one of the schools she taught at before the lockdown. 

Edited by Julie

Some minds are like concrete ...all mixed up and permanently set! 😁

I don't understand Arizonas medical system compared to other states. They only kept my sister for 3-4 days and released her seemingly early with medications that dont even know if they work yet (z-pack, tamiflu, hydrocodone...), yet say she has covid, flu, and pneumonia.

Early release with all that? She says she's feeling better but I don't get it.i keep fearing it'll suddenly turn negative like so many cases of 'getting better'. Also having all 3?  I haven't even heard of that before.

In other news, as much as I usually dislike the hospitals here in Columbus, they must be doing something right. Despite cases raising, we still only have 4 deaths.

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

3 minutes ago, Nirex said:

I don't understand Arizonas medical system compared to other states. They only kept my sister for 3-4 days and released her seemingly early with medications that dont even know if they work yet (z-pack, tamiflu, hydrocodone...), yet say she has covid, flu, and pneumonia.

Early release with all that? She says she's feeling better but I don't get it.i keep fearing it'll suddenly turn negative like so many cases of 'getting better'. Also having all 3?  I haven't even heard of that before.

I hope she will do well with that and rest and fluids. I guess they are really "practicing medicine". This coronavirus is new so I hope they keep on making educated guesses on what will work. 

I seen my doctor last week and he told me to get suitable rest and eat healty foods and take multivitamins to assist me. While they took some blood for testing it. I am a allergy sufferer for more than 30 years... hoping in the kingdom to solve my and all mankind's medical issues.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/21/health/hydroxychloroquine-veterans-study/index.html

Study finds no benefit, higher death rate in patients taking hydroxychloroquine for Covid-19

"Coronavirus patients taking hydroxychloroquine, a treatment touted by President Trump, were no less likely to need mechanical ventilation and had higher deaths rates compared to those who did not take the drug, according to a study of hundreds of patients at US Veterans Health Administration medical centers"

"The study, which reviewed veterans' medical charts, was posted Tuesday on medrxiv.org, a pre-print server, meaning it was not peer reviewed or published in a medical journal. The research was funded by the National Institutes of Health and the University of Virginia.."

"An association of increased overall mortality was identified in patients treated with hydroxychloroquine alone. "

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/17/us/doctor-charged-hydroxychloroquine-trump/index.html

Feds charge doctor who cited Trump to push hydroxychloroquine 'miracle cure'

" According to federal authorities, comments by the Southern California doctor about the drug's remarkable capabilities were recorded during a phone call with a concerned father of three, who contacted Staley inquiring how he could protect his family from contracting Covid-19.

In reality, the man on the other end of the line was an undercover FBI agent conducting an investigation into possible health care fraud.

According to a federal criminal complaint filed Thursday and obtained by CNN, the FBI launched an undercover operation and made contact with the doctor in early April after receiving a tip from the public indicating Staley was attempting to sell "Covid-19 Treatment Packs" to the public. "

IMHO, On the horizon will be listen to FDS and be obedient regardless of what governments say or recommend for economy....
The "We must obey God as ruler rather than men" showdown is imminent like never before...

In other news, as much as I usually dislike the hospitals here in Columbus, they must be doing something right. Despite cases raising, we still only have 4 deaths.

https://www.azdhs.gov/preparedness/epidemiology-disease-control/infectious-disease-epidemiology/index.php#novel-coronavirus-home

I think this sums it all up

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”