JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

My daughter and her family were very sick at the end of February,  she said they had all the symptoms,  even went to urgent care. They were given tamaflu and antibiotics. Covid wasn't known then, so no diagnosis. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

https://wgntv.com/news/dont-inject-disinfectants-lysol-warns-as-trump-raises-idea/?fbclid=IwAR0BXAtcYmgXRcdowZU-EpTnz0Ufc4y8WUj84s-saxMq1Sag911epMvXhmU

I’m sorry, but even thinking of trying this proves it beyond a doubt.  This guy is 🥜 truly 🥜.  

That’s as far as I go with this. ☺️

Thank goodness someone still has a few brain cells.

I’m hoping this is fake news.

WASHINGTON — The parent company of Lysol and another disinfectant warned Friday that its products should not be used as an internal treatment for the coronavirus after President Donald Trump wondered about the prospect during a White House briefing.

Trump noted Thursday that researchers were looking at the effects of disinfectants on the virus and wondered aloud if they could be injected into people, saying the virus “does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.”

That prompted a strong warning from the maker of disinfectants Lysol and Dettol, which said it was issuing a statement to combat “recent speculation.”

“As a global leader in health and hygiene products, we must be clear that under no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body (through injection, ingestion or any other route),” said the statement from Reckitt Benckiser.

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

On 4/23/2020 at 1:14 PM, Lee49 said:

There is currently no evidence to support the theory, but this has not stopped Pompeo and Trump from alluding to it."

Anytime I read that “ there is no evidence”  ( really on any subject) I roll my eyes.  Of coarse there is evidence. Including gene mapping being done by scientists around the world which zeros in on Wuhan.  And what is in Wuhan? A lab that handles SARS virus. And what is the source of SARS virus? Bats . And what else is that lab documented to be working with ? Bats.  The “ evidence “ may only be circumstantial. But it’s evidence.   

45 minutes ago, Loopy said:

https://wgntv.com/news/dont-inject-disinfectants-lysol-warns-as-trump-raises-idea/?fbclid=IwAR0BXAtcYmgXRcdowZU-EpTnz0Ufc4y8WUj84s-saxMq1Sag911epMvXhmU

I’m sorry, but even thinking of trying this proves it beyond a doubt.  This guy is 🥜 truly 🥜.  

That’s as far as I go with this. ☺️

Thank goodness someone still has a few brain cells.

I’m hoping this is fake news.

WASHINGTON — The parent company of Lysol and another disinfectant warned Friday that its products should not be used as an internal treatment for the coronavirus after President Donald Trump wondered about the prospect during a White House briefing.

Trump noted Thursday that researchers were looking at the effects of disinfectants on the virus and wondered aloud if they could be injected into people, saying the virus “does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.”

That prompted a strong warning from the maker of disinfectants Lysol and Dettol, which said it was issuing a statement to combat “recent speculation.”

“As a global leader in health and hygiene products, we must be clear that under no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body (through injection, ingestion or any other route),” said the statement from Reckitt Benckiser.

Well, let’s think about it. People frequently drink low levels of chlorine in water. They drink alcohol. ? Alcohol is also used to treat certain heart conditions like cardiomegaly via alcohol embolism ( injection directly into the heart). So COULD science find a correct way to use some form of these substances as a treatment ? Maybe a aerosol treatment in the lungs? Doubt it. But then again I’m not a pulmonologist. 

then I looked it up.  

Chlorine. Number 17 on the Periodic Table. The same substance that makes our tap water safe and keeps our "whites white" also is the cornerstone upon which much of modern medicine depends.

Bringing Miracles to Modern Medicine

Today, about 85 percent of all pharmaceuticals -- prescription and over-the-counter -- contain or are manufactured using chlorine. These drugs include medicines that treat:

AIDS
Allergies
Arthritis
Cancer
Common cold
Depression
Diabetes
Ear infections
Fungal diseases
Glaucoma
Headaches
Heart disease
Hypertension
Inflammation
Leukemia
Malaria
Meningitis
Nausea
Osteoporosis
Pneumonia
Psoriasis
Seizures
Ulcers
Whooping Cough

Some of the more familiar medicines that are made using chlorine include:

• Acetaminophen, a widely used pain reliever

• XANAX®, one of the most prescribed anti-anxiety medications

• Vancomycin, the only antibiotic to which 40 percent of staph infections respond and the only one effective against hospital staph infections

• LORABID® and CECLOR®, two of the most effective antibiotics for treating the severe middle ear infections that millions of American children develop each year

• BENADRYL®, CHLOR-TRIMETON®, and other well-known decongestants and antihistamines

In addition, almost one-third of central nervous system drugs contain chlorine, and 98 percent of gastrointestinal medications are made using chlorine.

Edited by BenJepthah

WFP Chief warns of hunger pandemic as COVID-19 spreads (Statement to UN Security Council) 

Transcript as delivered of remarks by David Beasley, UN World Food Programme (WFP) Executive Director to today’s virtual session of the UN Security Council on the Maintenance of International Peace and Security: Protecting Civilians Affected by Conflict-Induced Hunger 

NEW YORK – Forgive me for speaking bluntly, but I’d like to lay out for you very clearly what the world is facing at this very moment. At the same time while dealing with a COVID-19 pandemic, we are also on the brink of a hunger pandemic. 

In my conversations with world leaders over the past many months, before the Coronavirus even became an issue, I was saying that 2020 would be facing the worst humanitarian crisis since World War II for a number of reasons.  

Such as the wars in Syria and Yemen. The deepening crises in places like South Sudan and, as Jan Egeland will no doubt set out, Burkina Faso and the Central Sahel region. The desert locust swarms in Africa, as Director General Qu highlighted in his remarks. And more frequent natural disasters and changing weather patterns. The economic crisis in Lebanon affecting millions of Syrian refugees. DRC, Sudan, Ethiopia. And the list goes on. We’re already facing a perfect storm.  

So today, with COVID-19, I want to stress that we are not only facing a global health pandemic but also a global humanitarian catastrophe. Millions of civilians living in conflict-scarred nations, including many women and children, face being pushed to the brink of starvation, with the spectre of famine a very real and dangerous possibility. 

https://www.wfp.org/news/wfp-chief-warns-hunger-pandemic-covid-19-spreads-statement-un-security-council

Edited by Shawnster

Excerpts only. Do not copy entire articles.

1 hour ago, BenJepthah said:

Some of the more familiar medicines that are made using chlorine include:

• Acetaminophen, a widely used pain reliever

• BENADRYL®, CHLOR-TRIMETON®, and other well-known decongestants and antihistamines

This is so cool. Between my slow release tylenol for arthritis and claritin-d for allergies ( guess I get some in my flonase inhaler also) I guess I am totally immune from covid-19 with its at least 33 different strains! Yess!

:ecstatic:

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

2 hours ago, Loopy said:

https://www.news5cleveland.com/coronavirus-updates-friday-april-24

image.thumb.png.b0b9097d1003013e0bf149619154992c.png

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

21 minutes ago, AH173 said:

Thanks for telling us that, now I need a 500 pound wrestler to jump on my stomach to get  that poison  out of me. I should drink down 3 gallons of chocolate milk. The agony of this!!!

6 minutes ago, EccentricM said:

Oh for goodness sake, that's not even a requirement! Who even shares spoons anyway? Gross, lol.

Eeeeeeuuuuuu! 🤮

Might as well drink or inject Lysol. Ending would be about the same. 🤢

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/04/24/russias-coronavirus-cases-rise-by-5849-bringing-total-close-to-70k-a69710

Russia's Coronavirus Cases Rise By 5,849, Bringing Total Close to 70K

Russia confirmed 5,849 new coronavirus infections on Friday, bringing the country’s official number of cases to 68,622.

Six hundred and fifteen people have been killed by the virus.

12 hours ago, EccentricM said:
Oh for goodness sake, that's not even a requirement! Who even shares spoons anyway? Gross, lol.

https://greekcitytimes.com/2020/03/10/greek-orthodox-church-holy-communion-does-not-spread-coronavirus/

See who uses spoon...

The Greek Orthodox Church has issued an official statement, declaring that coronavirus is not transmitted via Holy Communion, and the faithful should pray against the spread of the deadly virus.

Edited by Shawnster

Do not post entire articles. Excerpts inly

3 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

https://greekcitytimes.com/2020/03/10/greek-orthodox-church-holy-communion-does-not-spread-coronavirus/

See who uses spoon...emoji30.pngemoji22.png

The Greek Orthodox Church has issued an official statement, declaring that coronavirus is not transmitted via Holy Communion, and the faithful should pray against the spread of the deadly virus.

the blind leading other blinds. 

https://www.radioresultsnetwork.com/2020/04/25/coronavirus-deaths-increase-8342-people-recover/

There are 76 reported COVID-19 cases in the Upper Peninsula: 41 in Marquette County, 12 in Delta County, 5 in Mackinac County, 4 in Gogebic County, 3 each in Menominee, Dickinson and Schoolcraft Counties. 2 each in Chippewa and Houghton Counties, and 1 case in Luce County.

There are 12 deaths reported in the Upper Peninsula. Seven in Marquette County, two each in Delta and Dickinson Counties, and one in Gogebic County.

There have been no cases or deaths reported in Alger, Baraga, Ontonagon, Keweenaw, and Iron Counties.

Thanks to crazy ideas beings spouted. 

Are humans actually losing their minds? Who would ever think gargling with bleach is a good idea. 

Come Lord Jesus. 

https://wgntv.com/news/coronavirus/illinois-tops-40000-coronavirus-cases-with-over-200k-tests-performed/?fbclid=IwAR1z4yjmsuaw33nxV3iL8LCMQBwya87JliluygBWHqatqKqdgj5648d6bE8

After she gave the numbers, Dr. Ezike said she had to address President Trump’s comments about disinfectant.

“Injecting, ingesting, snorting and household cleaners is dangerous,” she said. “It is not advised and can be deadly.”

Dr. Ezike said there have been increased calls to the Illinois Poison Control line over the last two days of people reporting exposure to chemicals.

“Some recent examples include the use of detergent for a sinus rinse and gargling with a bleach and mouthwash mixture in an attempt to kill coronavirus,” Dr. Ezike said.

I know many people dislike the current president for many reasons but if you listen to his statements he was talking about a disinfectant for the outside of the body and killing the virus and alluded to something similar for inside the body in context he was not saying inject Lysol as Witnesses whenever we read scriptures we always take it in context you can make the Bible say anything or anybody else say anything if you take it out of context now I have no love for this President I serve Jehovah but please do research and listen to words ,they mean something.

54 minutes ago, Todd komaniak said:

I know many people dislike the current president for many reasons but if you listen to his statements he was talking about a disinfectant for the outside of the body and killing the virus and alluded to something similar for inside the body in context he was not saying inject Lysol as Witnesses whenever we read scriptures we always take it in context you can make the Bible say anything or anybody else say anything if you take it out of context now I have no love for this President I serve Jehovah but please do research and listen to words ,they mean something.

True that. It's hard to really... confirm what his intent was.  Either he was saying "we know x kills Corona, is it possible to make something 'like that' for the body?" or whether he literally meant "we should inject bleach into people". 

But because the world loves to attack Trump, his words are often skewed. I'm not political but I do think some things he says, people twist to an agenda. I've actually been quite confused (I'm not American mind you, so I don't see as much) of why so many people hate him, other than for the fact that he can be quite "loud mouthed", but other than that he seems to be.. pretty straight forward?

Worse things I've witnessed from him is the suggestion that all teachers should have guns to prevent school shootings via students, and when he mocked Greta Thunberg's mental conditions, calling her crazy (very insensitive and ignorant to the fact that she only has Autism), annd the weird thing about him saying he'd date his own daughter...  But other than that, I've not seen any actual "sexist" or "racist" things from him. All speech of such things, like boarders and other countries seem to be politcally of factionally motivated, as opposed to racially.

He's certainly not always the "brightest" or shall we say "subtle", but I don't think he's the Devil incarnate either as people seem to portray about him. I hear rumours and hearsay but never any actual direct "evidence" those things.

Edited by EccentricM

57 minutes ago, Todd komaniak said:

I know many people dislike the current president for many reasons but if you listen to his statements he was talking about a disinfectant for the outside of the body and killing the virus and alluded to something similar for inside the body in context he was not saying inject Lysol 

That is not what Trump is saying, though. The President has stated he was being sarcastic when he made the controversial comment. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-says-he-was-being-sarcastic-comments-about-injecting-disinfectants-n1191991

So, was he being sarcastic or was he making a legitimate medical suggestion as you stated above?