JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

9 hours ago, Shawnster said:

I would guess only in the sense that all disease is from the devil.  Of course, this assumes Satan created disease.  That most likely is not the case as the scriptures do not indicate Satan has any creative abilities.

What about Satan striking Job with boils? Is that some sort of affliction? Not saying Satan created this virus of course, I think it's a result of man myself. But if Satan can cause someone to be ill like that, in a sense that's creating a disease in someone's body. It might not be a case of "creation" he's doing, but manipulation.

Edited by EccentricM

This virus is scary because of people being asymptomatic. People walking around not caring/not knowing that they are spreading the virus because they don't have symptoms. A scary thought! To me!

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-04-27/coronavirus-related-syndrome-among-children-may-be-emerging-alert-suggests/

Coronavirus-related syndrome among children may be emerging, alert suggests

The tweet from PICS said: "Over the last three weeks, there has been an apparent rise in the number of children of all ages presenting with a multi-system inflammatory state requiring intensive care across London and also in other regions of the UK".

According to the alert, which has also been shared with GPs, children affected display signs similar to toxic shock syndrome (TSS), a severe illness associated with infections, and have blood markers in line with severe Covid-19 in children.

They may also have abdominal pain and symptoms of inflammation around the heart

This seems to be far more than just "some virus", what kind of flu gives children syndromes, or causes strokes?

Edited by EccentricM

So this is where Trump got his bleach drinking cure? From church group!

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article242304736.html?utm_source=pushly&intcid={__explicit:pushly_517941}

Bradenton ‘church’ promotes drinking bleach to cure COVID-19. They recommended it to Trump

A Bradenton-based organization that promotes drinking industrial-grade bleach as a cure for COVID-19 and other diseases and conditions has been ordered to stop sales of its “Miracle Mineral Solution.”

The group, known as Genesis II Church of Health and Healing, has used religious messaging around its medically unproven — and, according to medical experts, potentially lethal —treatments for years. Its chemical products are referred to as “sacraments” and its members as “bishops.”

Mark Grenon, Genesis II’s leader, said he had written a letter touting his solution’s disease-killing qualities to President Donald Trump, who caused an uproar last week for suggesting that injecting a disinfectant into COVID-19 patients might kill the coronavirus. - more --

9 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article242304736.html?utm_source=pushly&intcid={__explicit:pushly_517941}

Bradenton ‘church’ promotes drinking bleach to cure COVID-19. They recommended it to Trump

A Bradenton-based organization that promotes drinking industrial-grade bleach as a cure for COVID-19 and other diseases and conditions has been ordered to stop sales of its “Miracle Mineral Solution.”

The group, known as Genesis II Church of Health and Healing, has used religious messaging around its medically unproven — and, according to medical experts, potentially lethal —treatments for years. Its chemical products are referred to as “sacraments” and its members as “bishops.”

Mark Grenon, Genesis II’s leader, said he had written a letter touting his solution’s disease-killing qualities to President Donald Trump, who caused an uproar last week for suggesting that injecting a disinfectant into COVID-19 patients might kill the coronavirus. - more --

And thought drinking chocolate milk was a cure.

3 hours ago, EccentricM said:

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-04-27/coronavirus-related-syndrome-among-children-may-be-emerging-alert-suggests/

This seems to be far more than just "some virus", what kind of flu gives children syndromes, or causes strokes?

I'm beyond sick of this system and all of its garbage. 

1 hour ago, Lee49 said:

Jonestown by any other name...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/17/an-apocalyptic-cult-900-dead-remembering-the-jonestown-massacre-40-years-on

An apocalyptic cult, 900 dead: remembering the Jonestown massacre, 40 years on

More than 900 people, many of them children, died in a mass murder-suicide in 1978 by drinking cyanide-laced punch at the order of cult leader Jim Jones

The Jonestown massacre was, before 9/11, the largest single incident of intentional civilian death in American history. More than 900 people died, many children. It was also a devastating cultural trauma: the end of the last strains of a certain kind of 1960s idealism and 1970s radicalism. Jonestown’s legacy lives on in the ironic phrase “drink the Kool-Aid”. 

Just replace Jim Jones with Mark Grenon

and cyanide-laced punch with “Miracle Mineral Solution.”  :( 

Spiritually blind, gullible people are still drinking the Kool-Aid. :( 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/04/27/ga-coroner-michael-fowler-people-without-masks-newsroom-vpx.cnn    -   video

Coroner: People without masks playing 'Russian roulette' with life

"Georgia coroner Michael Fowler pleads with residents to stay home, warning that people going outside without masks could die from contracting coronavirus."

me - our letter read to us yesterday in the U.S. said to wear mask when going out. right?

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/04/27/ga-coroner-michael-fowler-people-without-masks-newsroom-vpx.cnn    -   video
Coroner: People without masks playing 'Russian roulette' with life
"Georgia coroner Michael Fowler pleads with residents to stay home, warning that people going outside without masks could die from contracting coronavirus."

me - our letter read to us yesterday in the U.S. said to wear mask when going out. right?

Strange. I’d say that you are playing Russian roulette with other peoples lives, since a mask would protect them somewhat from contracting covid-19 from you, not the other way around, unless you use a medical mask, which, by the way, they really need much better than you at your local hospitals.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I’ve gotta try one of these. Hate foggy glasses. 

https://abc13.com/6117364/?ex_cid=TA_KTRK_FB&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+New+Content+(Feed)&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3UVJyVJrSnZHj6yILnrOqsX6ea8i7F0NT54lnMIM9tbp4tcNNbM_pz0us

While this foggy glasses phenomenon may be new to the general public, it's old news for nearsighted nurses and doctors, who have been wearing face masks long before COVID-19. Back in 2011, a study from the Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England sought to help those myopic health care workers.

Their findings were quite simple:

"Immediately before wearing a face mask, wash the spectacles with soapy water and shake off the excess. Then, let the spectacles air dry or gently dry off the lenses with a soft tissue before putting them back on. Now the spectacle lenses should not mist up when the face mask is worn."

Glasses fog up when you're wearing a face mask because the mask redirects your warm breath upward instead of forward, which forms droplets on the lenses. A tighter seal on the top of the mask, like from a nose clip can help reduce the phenomenon. 

Adding a folded tissues to the inside top of your face mask or covering can also help absorb those warm droplets, and reduce fogging. 

If those D.I.Y. methods aren't cutting it for you, there are commercial anti-fog sprays you can purchase, like the ones used for swimmers' or divers' goggles.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

https://apple.news/AIxxeto66RiOfA-G6J5eoVw

El Salvador authorizes 'lethal force' against gangs amid coronavirus crime spike, mixes rival gangs in jails

A spike in gang violence in El Salvador amid the coronavirus pandemic spurred the country's president on Sunday to authorize the use by "lethal force," as prison officials packed rival gang members together in cells in an attempt to halt the violence. Authorities said most of the gang-related killings are ordered from prisons.
El Salvador President Nayib Bukele said he was forced to take action after the Central American country reported 24 homicides on Friday, followed by another 29 killings by Sunday. Bukele said criminal gangs were taking advantage of security forces helping to contain COVID-19 in the country...

5 hours ago, EccentricM said:

My son had Kawasaki disease when he was 8, which is not normal as it usually manifests itself as an auto immune response to a baby or young child getting a first or early cold.   It causes the body to overreact and continue fighting the “virus” long after it has defeated it. I thought he would die, and it was awful to watch him getting worse with no treatment because no doctors knew what it was, due to being atypical. He’d had many colds up to them as a normal kid with no ill effect. 

I had thought about this link between covid19 and it setting off a cytokene storm, which is what sets the downward spiral in otherwise healthy adults. It’s again similar to the body going into hyperdrive in attacking the body, but unfortunately also destroys body systems which shut down and causes death. Covid19 is the trigger, but doctors don’t understand how/why the body ‘s immune system gets so revved up. 

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30628-0/fulltext

There is an urgent need for effective treatment. Current focus has been on the development of novel therapeutics, including antivirals and vaccines. Accumulating evidence suggests that a subgroup of patients with severe COVID-19 might have a cytokine storm syndrome. 

As during previous pandemics (severe acute respiratory syndrome and Middle East respiratory syndrome), corticosteroids are not routinely recommended and might exacerbate COVID-19-associated lung injury.

7 However, in hyperinflammation, immunosuppression is likely to be beneficial. “

So, it’s very hard to treat once severe inflammation sets in, as the treatments suppresses the overactive immune system, but you need the immune system working to fight covid19 🥺

So I think I've mentioned that even though I live in Sarasota I deliver mail in Bradenton and believe it or not I have delivered and picked up many many boxes from the Genesis 2 Church in Bradenton it's out of a house that they ship all those industrial bleach bottles of supposed cure for whatever

Screenshot_2020-04-27-17-34-18~2.png

Edited by Todd komaniak

How the cold impacts coronavirus and what it will mean for winter in Australia

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/how-the-cold-impacts-coronavirus-and-what-it-will-mean-for-winter-in-australia?cid=newsapp:socialshare:copylink

People are hoping that the summer in the Northern hemisphere will help clear the virus. Us down south have seen the virus during our summer months, which extend in April in some states.  It’s not the season, but rather the seasonal change that causes us to have lower immunity. We tend to get more colds in winter than summer, so more chance of droplets with viruses spread through sneezing and coughing. Being closed in with little ventilation is also going to make it easy for viruses to flourish in a household.

That is why it is important to practice very good hygiene and social distancing even at home. House needs good ventilation, and if you can, get outdoors. The vit D helps the immune system.

Japan, for instance has had lower cases of flu this past winter due to enhanced hygiene. So anything you can do to reduce viruses will help with fighting covid19 too. Just don’t think summer will do it for you, and magically “burn” it out. 

Personally I don't like this, but switching your shower water to cold for the last few minutes of your shower, just until you shiver, is very good for the immune system. Now thinking I should try this.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

23 hours ago, EccentricM said:

What about Satan striking Job with boils?

I don't think you can make a direct comparison, the wicked one had Jehovah's permission to afflict Job. It may be that boils were already prevalent in that area and it was easy to bring it to Job to infect him with it. 

US border guards seize MJ in Cdn mail that travels by land thru the US, as only land route is a bridge from the US. Has been  problem especially in winter when the boats can't sail. ❄️😱

Oh well. It doesn't bother me. Now if it did, I would use a hover craft in the winter. 😜

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping: