JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

8 minutes ago, pnutts said:

Can you laugh and be confused by all the mixed messages? 🤔

I’ve laughed during the news for years.  Why should the ‘rona be any different? 😉

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

Waiting at a food distribution in Bogor, Indonesia, on Monday 20 April 2020. A place about 50 km. south of Jakarta, the capital which has a population of about 10 million. The southern part of the capital is the worst hit area.  Bogor has a population of almost 1 million.

Waiting at a food distribution in Bogor, Indonesia, on Monday.

It's good thing that most Muslim ladies are wearing head covering but how many actually send their apparel (including the cloth masks) for washing after entering their homes. Probably not at all, with their big families they have. They're already struggling to put food on the table. Don't they know that the virus can enter through the eyes with people jostling each other in such close proximity. 

Little wonder that the neighbouring countries especially Australia are watching with increasing dread as the tragedy unfolds before their very eyes. 

What can we do but pray incessantly for our 29,000 + brothers and sisters trapped in this untenable situation. With a population of 2.7+  million stretched out over a distance equivalent to the breadth of US, how is this human calamity going to play out? 

Edited by M'Awan

10 hours ago, pnutts said:

Can you laugh and be confused by all the mixed messages? 🤔

CORONAVIRUS UPDATE

New Guidelines...

Here are the official Coronavirus guidelines:

1. Basically, you can't leave the house for any reason, but if you have to, then you can.

2. Masks are useless. But they will protect you. They can save you, no they can’t, they’re useless, but wear one anyway. Now they’re mandatory. But maybe. Or not.

3. Stores are closed, except for the ones  that are open.

4. You should not go to the hospital unless you have to go there. Stay out of the ER at all costs unless you’re having a medical emergency then it’s okay.

5. This virus is deadly but still not too scary, except that sometimes it actually leads to a global disaster. Stay calm.

6. Gloves won't help, but they can still help. Especially if you wear the same pair for hours and everywhere you go, then you can not spread germs, nope. #science

7. Everyone needs to stay home, but it's important to go out because sun. Sunlight will kill the virus but not if the virus kills you first by walking in the sunlight where you may be exposed to the virus. 

8. There is no shortage of groceries in the supermarket, but there are many things missing when you go there in the evening, but not in the morning. Sometimes.

9. The virus has no effect on children except those it has affected or will affect. 

10. Animals are not affected, but there is still a cat that tested positive in Belgium in February when no one had been tested yet, and a tiger.. and one really deadly but also possibly fictional but very sick bat.

11. You will have many symptoms when you are sick, but you can also get sick without symptoms, have symptoms without being sick, or be contagious without having symptoms. 

12. In order not to get sick, you have to eat well and exercise, but also never go out to the grocery store so eat shelf stable processed crap and stay inside your four walls but also stay healthy.

13. It's better to get some fresh air, but you may be arrested if you’re getting fresh air the wrong way and most importantly, don't go to a park, the fresh air there is deadly. 

14. Under no circumstances should you go to retirement homes, but if  you have to take care of the elderly and bring them food and medication then fine. Just wear gloves. The same ones. All day.

15. If you are sick, you can't go out, but you can go to the pharmacy to get your medications. Just don’t make eye contact cause you may spread your sickness that way.

16. You can get restaurant food delivered to the house, which may have been prepared by people who didn't wear masks or gloves. But you have to leave your groceries  outside for 3 hours to be decontaminated by the fresh air that also may have virus particles floating around in it.

17. Taxi drivers are immune to the virus apparently since you can still take a taxi ride with a random taxi driver. Just don’t take the taxi to your mom’s house because you know. Stay away from your mom. 

18. You can walk around with a friend if you stay six feet apart  but don’t visit  with your family if they don't live under the same roof as you. Even if you’ve all been locked inside for two months already. You may still have the virus and just not know it yet. You’ll find out. Wait another week. Wasn’t that week? Might be the next one. Keep waiting. 

19. You are safe if you maintain the appropriate social distance, but you can’t go out with friends or strangers at the safe social distance. Social distancing means you shouldn’t leave your house and don’t be social, except you may go to the liquor store but don’t socialize there while you’re being socially distant.

20. The virus remains active on different surfaces for two hours, no, four, no, six, no, we didn't say hours, maybe days? But it takes a damp environment. Oh no, not necessarily.

21. The virus stays in the air - well no, or yes, maybe, especially in a closed room, in one hour a sick person can infect ten, so if it falls, all our children were already infected at school before it was closed. But remember, if you stay at the recommended social distance, however in certain circumstances you should maintain a greater distance, which, studies show, the virus can travel further, maybe.

22. We count the number of deaths but we don't know how many people are infected as we have only tested so far those who were "almost dead" to find out if that's what they will die of…

23. The virus will only disappear if we achieve collective immunity.. but stay inside until the virus disappears.

24. If you are out; look down at the ground because if you make eye contact and say hello then you’ll definitely get it. Maybe. 

Well, that just about clears it up 🤣

Thanks for that! 

At least you didn't say I couldn't cut my grass in Ohio. I've done so for about half dozen times. 

Yesterday, the lake had the nerve to snow pellets on me while cutting grass. 

Too bad Michigan, you are ordered not to cut grass. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

17 hours ago, Nirex said:

I don't understand Arizonas medical system compared to other states. They only kept my sister for 3-4 days and released her seemingly early with medications that dont even know if they work yet (z-pack, tamiflu, hydrocodone...), yet say she has covid, flu, and pneumonia.

Early release with all that? She says she's feeling better but I don't get it.i keep fearing it'll suddenly turn negative like so many cases of 'getting better'. Also having all 3?  I haven't even heard of that before.

Regina, this is quite normal. Covid19 doesn't cause pneumonia directly. It weakens your immune system, so that you easily catch other viruses (such as the flu) and bacteria that cause pneumonia. This is a very common situation with covid19.

The treatment she's receiving is correct too. She's taking antibiotics (Z-pack) to fight the bacteria causing the pneumonia, and the other drugs are to reduce the virus symptoms. It's the same you do when someone has a flu or a cold. Doctors cannot the virus, they can only fight the symptoms and let the body combat the virus.

As long as your sister is able to breathe without assistance, she will be much better at home than at hospital. Right now a hospital is a dangerous place to be, only people who really need a breathing device or constant care should be there.

2 minutes ago, carlos said:

She's taking antibiotics (Z-pack) to fight the bacteria causing the pneumonia, and the other drugs are to reduce the virus symptoms.

When I had bronchitis (about 4 years ago I) , my doctor prescribed the z pak and I believe prednisone - a corticosteroid. I think. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

1 hour ago, AH173 said:

Thanks for that! 

At least you didn't say I couldn't cut my grass in Ohio. I've done so for about half dozen times. 

Yesterday, the lake had the nerve to snow pellets on me while cutting grass. 

Too bad Michigan, you are ordered not to cut grass. 

Half a dozen?  I've only mowed twice.

Snowed after I mowed both times.

16 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Half a dozen

Sure did! In suburbs we got our standards! 

15 minutes ago, AH173 said:

Sure did! In suburbs we got our standards! 

BTW my postal worker has landscaping company to mow his (last year) and haven't done so at all this year. At 6 inches or so city hall may give warning. 

1 hour ago, carlos said:

Regina, this is quite normal. Covid19 doesn't cause pneumonia directly. It weakens your immune system, so that you easily catch other viruses (such as the flu) and bacteria that cause pneumonia. This is a very common situation with covid19.

This is from the American Lung Association..be sure to watch the video..I found it very informative..

https://www.lung.org/lung-health-diseases/lung-disease-lookup/covid-19/about-covid-19

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Turkish president Erdogan, who is seen as a right-wing Islamist, has just said that he will lift Covid-19 restrictions after Ramadan so that people can return to normal life.

He may have reasoned that a couple of million deaths were more preferable than a total economic collapse and a mass hunger. 

I think Putin, his Central Asian allies, Brazilian Bolsonaro, Trump and et al will try to follow suit. 

Edited by Bek

1 hour ago, Bluebell said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52378845

Coronavirus: US health official warns of dangerous second wave..

in autumn !!!

And smoking cause about about 475,000 deaths per year in USA too. I wonder if the US health is aware of it?

40 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

And smoking cause about about 475,000 deaths per year in USA too. I wonder if the US health is aware of it?

Perhaps but they choose to smoke therefore its usually self inflicted.

How many old or ill folks is a suitable number for dying from Covid 19, through no fault of their own mind you, before it's time to worry about it or take action?

(This is not a dig at you. It's just an observation from hearing that kind if statement from others. You know the type of statement that goes, Such and such kills way more than covid19.)

Um, death by smoking, while driving, not good. But not mentioned as specific as, “pestilence”. 
Included in the Four Horsemen, death, but, it doesn’t smack you as one of the signs of the end, as pestilence does. And, as bad as dying from stupidity, or carelessness is, I have not been sequestered to my home, as a result of it! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

You could look at it this way: the death rate has not gone up in your lifetime or mine whether for smoking or traffic accidents, it is still fixed at 100,000 deaths per 100,000 people.

I expect that ratio to change in the near future. :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.