JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

1 hour ago, EccentricM said:

I love how they announce these things to the public, giving the people a chance to hide any evidence if it "was" such a thing, lol. It's like watching James Bond shout from outside to the villian; "ALRIGHT, I'M GOING TO SNEAK BEHIND YOU, DON'T MOVE YET OK?" 😄

Who is this "they" you refer to?

14 minutes ago, GodlyDevotion said:

To my knowledge, the pandemic is the first common enemy the whole world is facing unitedly.. 

Yes.  My sentiments too.  I agree this seems to be the first time in history the whole world has been in it together fighting the same enemy.  

One could say the same about the Spanish Flu but the world was so different back then.  It didn't feel like the whole world pulled together due to the lack of instantaneous communication.  I agree this is a watershed moment.

Edited by Shawnster

15 minutes ago, GodlyDevotion said:

To my knowledge, the pandemic is the first common enemy the whole world is facing unitedly.. The next then may be religion.. Perhaps, this will strengthen their(the nations) resolve to eradicate the sturdy stones of 'religion'

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-us-russia-china-uk-global-truce-during-covid-pandemic-2020-4

Screenshot_20200416-100630.jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

44 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Who is this "they" you refer to?

The government through the media. Someone high up announces to them (the media) who then informs us that they are about to do a "secret intelligence" operation.

2 hours ago, EccentricM said:

I love how they announce these things to the public, giving the people a chance to hide any evidence if it "was" such a thing, lol. It's like watching James Bond shout from outside to the villian; "ALRIGHT, I'M GOING TO SNEAK BEHIND YOU, DON'T MOVE YET OK?" 😄

James Bond 'leaks' that to the media and while the villain is waiting at the back door, he sneaks through the front door...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Last Update 13 hours ago
Sources believe coronavirus outbreak originated in Wuhan lab as part of China's efforts to compete with US

This from FOX news and similar stories from diverse sources. Did the KOTN just make a big mister in pushing with the KOTS? The evidence continues to build toward that case. 

13 minutes ago, BenJepthah said:

Last Update 13 hours ago
Sources believe coronavirus outbreak originated in Wuhan lab as part of China's efforts to compete with US

This from FOX news and similar stories from diverse sources. Did the KOTN just make a big mister in pushing with the KOTS? The evidence continues to build toward that case. 

Is there any evidence they were creating a bioweapon or were they possibly trying to develop a vaccine? It would be sadly ironic if the research had good intentions.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, AH173 said:

A number of different threads discussing this possible world truce After all the FDS have informed us "these events are the final part of the final part of the last days" so yeah I think we're all kinda excited

Some minds are like concrete ...all mixed up and permanently set! 😁

That New York Times article was about a Brazilian study and the reason why quote after coronavirus patients taking a HIGHER dose of chloroquine developed irregular heart rates that increased their risk of a potentially fatal heart arrhythmia...... read the study that Dr Wallace from California lupus disease Hospital said about the medication that in smaller doses it does not have that effect. And yes Dr Wallace does play doctor!

Edited by Todd komaniak

2 hours ago, Bro Richard said:

Is there any evidence they were creating a bioweapon or were they possibly trying to develop a vaccine? It would be sadly ironic if the research had good intentions.

The article itself states that their is no evidence that they were trying to create a bioweapon. It seems that this was a case of laboratory error and lax protocols. Quite possibly while seeking a vaccine for SARS . Probably very ironic.

The possibility that coronavirus escaped from a Wuhan laboratory is ‘no longer being discounted’ after evidence revealed that scientists had been carrying out experiments on infected cave bats.......https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/12/wuhan-lab-experimented-coronavirus-infected-bats-12546053/......

. Now I'm playing cave Explorer

Edited by Todd komaniak

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/coronavirus-symptoms-lung-kidney-heart-covid-19-us-doctors-a9466701.html

one day ago.

Clinicians around world have seen evidence Covid-19 is also causing heart inflammation, acute kidney disease, neurological malfunction, blood clots, intestinal damage and liver problems

The new coronavirus kills by inflaming and clogging the tiny air sacs in the lungs, choking off the body’s oxygen supply until it shuts down the organs essential for life.

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

NBC Nightly News just reported that Covid-19 also causes neurological

damage and strokes (CVAs).  :( 

Yes I heard that a few weeks ago also.  My daughter works with covid patients.  This virus  is so unusual.  There are those standard symptoms that we all hear about frequently, but other very unique and unusual symptoms occur also, sometimes without any of the standard symptoms.  

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

On 4/14/2020 at 2:40 PM, Nirex said:

My sister in AZ just got tested and has the virus.... She also has pneumonia. I know people have survived...

...but how many that got over it had pneumonia already...?

@Nirex Regina, it's very common for covid19 patient to only go to hospital when they have developed pneumonia. In other words, most of the people you hear are sick with covid19 have pneumonia, and most of them survive.

Pneumonia is quite a common disease and hospitals know well how to treat it. In most cases the patient recovers, especially if they are young and healthy.

Several friends of mine got sick with covid19 and developed pneumonia, and they are all recovered after two or three weeks. I'm talking like ten cases I know in person. One of those cases is a young couple from a nearby congregation who were really sick and were treated with a drug used against malaria, besides antibiotics of course. He's completely recovered already, and she's doing much better. In extreme cases they use a ventilator to force oxygen into the lungs and even those patients mostly recover.

Don't lose hope!

https://www.freepressjournal.in/mumbai/coronavirus-in-mumbai-bandra-mob-gathered-after-rumour-about-food-grains-dispersed-after-two-and-a-half-hours-2

Coronavirus in Mumbai: Bandra mob gathered after rumour about food grains, dispersed after two-and-a-half hours

Mumbai: A crowd of thousands gathered at a bus depot near Bandra railway station on Tuesday afternoon (14 April) in Bandra  A police official said the crowd consisted mainly of migrant workers, who were allegedly protesting the extension of country-wide lockdown in a bid to contain the spread of Coronavirus. 

A source said, there was a rumour about food packets and essential food grains being distributed to the needy near the railway station, which took a drastic turn when another rumour of long-distance trains were running broke out like wildfire.

So much for social distancing. A massacre of innocents.

Edited by M'Awan

One thing is for sure....nobody yet fully understands this virus and the best way to treat it. It is a learning process and it may take time to figure the best methods to use. For instance we're constantly hearing about the need for ventilators which may save lives but some doctors say use of ventilators can do more harm than good. It will take tine to determine what is right.

13 hours ago, M'Awan said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/coronavirus-symptoms-lung-kidney-heart-covid-19-us-doctors-a9466701.html

one day ago.

Clinicians around world have seen evidence Covid-19 is also causing heart inflammation, acute kidney disease, neurological malfunction, blood clots, intestinal damage and liver problems

The new coronavirus kills by inflaming and clogging the tiny air sacs in the lungs, choking off the body’s oxygen supply until it shuts down the organs essential for life.

Just another reason to hold tight Jehovah's hand! People need the Good News we have, in order to have hope! How proud Jehovah and his Son must be to see his faithful earthly family trusting in him by enduring these severe world conditions and keeping up our spiritual routine!

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

https://www.yahoo.com/news/india-charges-muslim-leader-culpable-062034462.html

India has brought charges of culpable homicide not amounting to murder against the chief of a Muslim seminary for holding a gathering last month that authorities say led to a big jump in coronavirus infections, police said on Thursday.

The Tablighi is one of the world's biggest Sunni Muslim proselytising organisations with followers in more than 80 countries, promoting a pure form of Islam.

Authorities said at the beginning of the month that a third of the nearly 3,000 coronavirus cases at that time were either people who attended the Tablighi gathering or those who were later exposed to them.

India's tally of coronavirus infections has since jumped to 12,380, including 414 deaths, as of Thursday.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/coronavirus/article_e6cb0b16-8024-11ea-8565-ab701ea43306.html

Member of defiant Central church dies from coronavirus illness, but pastor says it's a lie

"A 78-year-old man who attended a Central church that has bucked state stay-at-home restrictions has died from the illness tied to the novel coronavirus."

Lawyer for Central pastor and church bucking stay-at-home order hospitalized with coronavirus

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/coronavirus/article_aaa0b8d8-7ff8-11ea-a3d0-f783addab65b.html

"A Baton Rouge lawyer who is part of the legal team representing a Central church and its pastor defying state social distancing orders during the coronavirus pandemic has been hospitalized because of the coronavirus. "

"That is a lie," Spell told WAFB.

"News of the death comes hours after a lawyer representing Spell and the church in an expected legal fight over the state's social distancing restrictions on churches confirmed he had been hospitalized and was on oxygen after contracting the virus."

Who's really lying here?   Blind leading the blind!

CNN Report: Covid-19 patients recovering quickly after getting experimental drug remdesivir.https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/16/health/coronavirus-remdesivir-trial/index.html....... now in this thread I'm playing news reporter not doctor because now CNN is reporting this!