JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

7 hours ago, Todd komaniak said:
Is it safe to open mail and packages during the pandemic?

7 hours ago, Life4u said:

Moved these posts from the "Meeting in areas affected by coronavirus" in the Meetings forum to the "Mysterious coronavirus spreading worldwide" topic in the news forum, per that persistent notice we have at the top of the pages for these topics.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Member of defiant Central church dies from coronavirus illness, but pastor says it's a lie

centralchurch.001.jpg

Congregants arrive for an evening service at the Life Tabernacle Church in Central, Louisiana., Tuesday, March 31, 2020. Pastor Tony Spell says he will keep violating a ban on gatherings put in place to control the spread of the coronavirus because God told him to

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tony-spell-louisiana-pastor-charged-with-defying-coronavirus-order-against-large-gatherings

APR 16 (Thursday)

Officials are seeing an inexplicable growth rate of new cases in New Orleans, about an hour from Spell’s congregation, that is faster than any city worldwide—potentially putting it on track to be the next national epicenter

16 minutes ago, EccentricM said:

BTG keeps stacking on more reasons for religious hatred by all nations like scoops of icecream.

It's going to be a rocky road for them..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

30 minutes ago, EccentricM said:

BTG keeps stacking on more reasons for religious hatred by all nations like scoops of icecream.

Like bricks in the wall of their own prison. Let’s keep it going!

16 minutes ago, Bro Richard said:

It's going to be a rocky road for them..

Their full of nuts.

5 minutes ago, BenJepthah said:

It’s a Sherbet they will not be well loved for it. 

They will crack like English Toffee..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

BE CAREFUL IN SUPERMARKETS!!

My Wife and I went to the Supermarket. Of course, we had  our FaceMasks and gloves on. 
When we got there, there were too many people.    

I then decided that we had to leave immediately,and pulled my Wife to Go Home afraid that we might catch the virus...

But, my wife wanted me to let go of her and did not want to go Home..!

Goodness! Stubborn as always! 

I literally had to drag her back into the car.

In the Car, she ignored me and was  furious...

When we arrived Home and removed our Face masks... She was not my Wife....😱

მარკეტი.jpg

It is essential to keep positive attitude. :)

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/18/politics/cdc-coronavirus-testing-contamination/index.html

Contamination at CDC lab was likely cause of critical early delays in rolling out coronavirus testing

Contamination in manufacturing the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention test for the coronavirus caused weeks of delays that slowed the US response to the pandemic, multiple health officials have told CNN, a problem that stemmed in part from the CDC not adhering to its own protocols, according to a US Food and Drug Administration spokesperson.

"CDC made its test in one of its laboratories, rather than in its manufacturing facilities," the FDA spokesperson told CNN on Saturday. "CDC did not manufacture its test consistent with its own protocol."

The government has never fully explained what stalled the rollout of a crucial test needed to begin measuring the extent of the spread of Covid-19. It would take until the end of February to correct and the US continues to lack extensive testing capability even as some states prepare ease up on restriction and reopen to a degree.

25 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

So, you took home somebody else's wife? That's kid napping!  🤣

Not WIFE NAPPING!?

:bouncing:

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tens-thousands-defy-bangladesh-lockdown-imams-funeral-004455273.html

"Dhaka (AFP) - Tens of thousands of people defied a nationwide coronavirus lockdown in Bangladesh on Saturday to attend the funeral of a top Islamic preacher, even as authorities battle a surge in virus cases.

Police had agreed with the family of Jubayer Ahmad Ansari, that only 50 people would attend the funeral in the eastern town of Sarail because of the risk of spreading the disease.

But local police chief Shahadat Hossain said officers were helpless to stop the crowds who came to honour the 55-year-old popular preacher and seminary head, who died on Friday.

New rules ban more than five people taking part in prayers in the country's 300,000 mosques.

The prime minister has called on Bangladeshis to pray at home when the Ramadan festival starts this month. But a group of influential clerics has called on Muslims to turn out in their masses for daily prayers.

Last month at least 25,000 people attended a Muslim prayer meeting in a field in the southern city of Raipur to chant "healing verses" to rid the country of the deadly virus."

There seems to be a common theme here. Governments are making rules, these groups remain defiant, virus keeps spreading, which is creating more headache for the governments who are desperately trying to get this under control and get the economy rolling again. 

If they can't control it, ban it? The governments certainly have reason to hate the harlot. (My opinion)

Don’t bet on vaccine to protect us from Covid-19, says world health expert

"Humanity will have to live with the threat of coronavirus “for the foreseeable future” and adapt accordingly because there is no guarantee that a vaccine can be successfully developed, one of the world’s leading experts on the disease has warned". 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/18/dont-bet-on-vaccine-to-protect-us-from-covid-19-says-world-health-expert

An inactive sister caught it. It was mild but then it got worse.  She self isolated and later went and got a test done through her doctor.  The first test was negative, so a few days later, her body went to pieces, and she got a high fever.  So her doctor sent her to another lab site to be tested (that was 3 days ago) and the test came back positive.  So she is self isolating for another 7 days (that's what the health firm told her to do).  She told this afternoon, that the body aches have all gone, no more fever (101) no more sore throat and coughing.  I guess now she's immune (maybe not) but she goes back to work after her 7 day period is up.  She said she had the mild symptom of the COVID-19.  Others get it worse depending on their underlying problems or immunity.  She was the one that after 20 yrs heard the memorial talk and when it broke up, she went to JW.ORG and listened to the rest.  Her sister, who is a witness, sent her the link to Br. Sanderson's talk.  I just hope she takes Jehovah up on his offer!  Come back home!!!

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2010025 (New England journal of Medicine)

In Pursuit of PPE

As a chief physician executive, I rarely get involved in my health system’s supply-chain activities. The Covid-19 pandemic has changed that. Protecting our caregivers is essential so that these talented professionals can safely provide compassionate care to our patients. Yet we continue to be stymied by a lack of personal protective equipment (PPE), and the cavalry does not appear to be coming.

Our supply-chain group has worked around the clock to secure gowns, gloves, face masks, goggles, face shields, and N95 respirators. These employees have adapted to a new normal, exploring every lead, no matter how unusual. Deals, some bizarre and convoluted, and many involving large sums of money, have dissolved at the last minute when we were outbid or outmuscled, sometimes by the federal government. Then we got lucky, but getting the supplies was not easy.

Edited by Shawnster

Do not post entire articles. Excerpts only

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-19/japan-gambles-on-lockdown-lite-to-fight-coronavirus/12153924

Japan, after doing so well initially, is now once again struggling to contain their spiralling numbers. This article describes their “lockdown lite” strategy.  In a similar vein to how other countries are tackling this, the national govt want the economy to be protected, and the regional and cities want the health sector to be protected.  So this “lite”  version of a lockdown is trying to satisfy both.

Will it work?

This is what Shibuya scramble used to look like, and how it looks like now.

83F64539-4CE6-4563-8B61-9B9A8F8E0824.jpeg.afcf242097d425b22a0437cfe3868b16.jpeg

66F01851-B318-4A15-BA7B-2A0FCFE1D29F.jpeg.e4924db38333d68789b66c4ee522d9cb.jpeg

https://www.rainews.it/tgr/tagesschau/articoli/2020/04/tag-Coronavirus-Lungeschaden-Forschung-Uniklinik-Innsbruck-6708e11e-28dc-4843-a760-e7f926ace61c.html

This article is all in German, but it basically just reported that if a person caught Corona virus it appears to have done some permanent lung damage, even if a person has fully recovered, and were not extremely affected and needing hospital care. This is what one research university here has in their findings, of which they cannot understand. They mentioned the following:

Unter ihnen waren auch sechs aktive Taucher, die aber alle nicht stationär behandelt werden mussten, sondern sich in Heimquarantäne auskurierten. Sie alle waren keine schweren Fälle, ihre Erkrankungen liegen fünf bis sechs Wochen zurück und sie gelten als genesen. Tauchen können sie aber alle nicht mehr. "Die Schäden an der Lunge sind irreversibel", sagte Hartig im Gespräch

Translated in English:

Among them were six active divers, all of whom did not have to be treated in hospital, but cured themselves in home quarantines. All of them were not severe cases, their illnesses were five to six weeks ago and they are considered to have recovered. But they can no longer dive. "The damage to the lungs is irreversible," said Hartig in an interview

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

18 hours ago, Guri said:
BE CAREFUL IN SUPERMARKETS!!

My Wife and I went to the Supermarket. Of course, we had  our FaceMasks and gloves on. 
When we got there, there were too many people.    

I then decided that we had to leave immediately,and pulled my Wife to Go Home afraid that we might catch the virus...

But, my wife wanted me to let go of her and did not want to go Home..!

Goodness! Stubborn as always! 

I literally had to drag her back into the car.

In the Car, she ignored me and was  furious...

When we arrived Home and removed our Face masks... She was not my Wife....😱

მარკეტი.jpg

It is essential to keep positive attitude. :)

I read your post. And I too am a wife but, despite my husband being an elder, sometimes we need more then you guys.  We are undergoing something we have never been through.  Its not the GT its not Armaggedon, its not the destruction of Babylon.  Its a plague that is taking everything and everyone in its path.  We can't shop, we can't congregate, we can't go door to door.  If we were not strong in our faith we might succumb.  And even in our strongest faith, we succumb to the realization that we are vulnerable humans and we bend our knees in prayers and we supplicate for our families, friends, elders, our Governing Body.  This is a disease that has crippled the nation and the world and it  has been moving ever so slowly around the globee killing everyone who comes in contact with this vicious disease.  If it were not for our beliefs and hope our minds could easily take over.  I wish the Governing Body would address this more pointedly to all of us around the world.  I need them to be more forward. More hands on.  However, with all that I said I know that I can still go to Jehovah and supplicate for calmness, patience and for more faith. 

Edited by cme

sentence