JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

38 minutes ago, rolypoly said:

I kinda resent the fact that my parents insisted armageddon was 'any minute now'.  I didn't get any kind of education or trade, and I have struggled all my life.  50 sure did pop up quick and we are still here.  Not doubting it's close, just wishing I had been better prepared in life:(

You have a right to feel that way. But from the January broadcast of the annual meeting, "Don't shoot the watchdog" if they are doing their job.

Also, imagine what would your life would be if you went against your theocratic parents.

If you have followed closely what fds has put out you could have gotten an education and trade. I'm glad I listened to the elder who suggested me to be a machinist some almost 30 years ago. Please don't blame Jehovah's arrangement on this (fds, publications, elders and well meaning parents).

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

1 hour ago, Todd komaniak said:

Yes but look at it this way you may have gone to college got a degree had a really nice job made a lot of money and fell out of the truth because of that.

Here in my country. I noticed those who got higher education, they married unbelievers, then have children in a divided household and they were not happy.. They even struggle to keep the truth later in their life. They couldn't focus in the truth like applying for auxi pioneering.... Higher education is risky.

1 hour ago, rolypoly said:

I'm not gonna retire anyway.  Almost 50, no real retirement $ in the 401k anyway. 

I kinda resent the fact that my parents insisted armageddon was 'any minute now'.  I didn't get any kind of education or trade, and I have struggled all my life.  50 sure did pop up quick and we are still here.  Not doubting it's close, just wishing I had been better prepared in life:(

Im a university level student.. My mom was high school.. Shes earning more now than I do doing manual job.. I've worked in offices. 

"  Not doubting it's close, just wishing I had been better prepared in life:("  ^

I know how you feel brother Eric,after I married I  worked for a big company for 13 years ( auto related) in Michigan wound up in a skill trade apprentice program then got out of it 2 years before they closed the plant down, I could see the writing on the wall so to speak, went to electronic school for 1 year winding up as a line technician in cable tv then moving south ( Kentucky) quitting cable ( didn't like the heights) to get in with a very big company ( auto related) only to be laid off after 18 months, moving to Ohio with the same company to keep my job, laid off again after 1 year, going back to Michigan to learn commercial wall covering that some young brothers were into and learning that trade only for it to fizzle out after 4 years ( they don't put vinyl wall covering in hotel rooms anymore, finally coming to Tennessee to get my job back with the big auto company only to be laid off after 20 years here at 60 years old but could hold off until I reached 62 then retired! Whoo, that was a long roller coaster ride, all that and remaining married with 4 children and still staying in the truth. Moral of the story - Do Not Give Up! 😉

•  

28 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

"  Not doubting it's close, just wishing I had been better prepared in life:("  ^

I know how you feel brother Eric,after I married I  worked for a big company for 13 years ( auto related) in Michigan wound up in a skill trade apprentice program then got out of it 2 years before they closed the plant down, I could see the writing on the wall so to speak, went to electronic school for 1 year winding up as a line technician in cable tv then moving south ( Kentucky) quitting cable ( didn't like the heights) to get in with a very big company ( auto related) only to be laid off after 18 months, moving to Ohio with the same company to keep my job, laid off again after 1 year, going back to Michigan to learn commercial wall covering that some young brothers were into and learning that trade only for it to fizzle out after 4 years ( they don't put vinyl wall covering in hotel rooms anymore, finally coming to Tennessee to get my job back with the big auto company only to be laid off after 20 years here at 60 years old but could hold off until I reached 62 then retired! Whoo, that was a long roller coaster ride, all that and remaining married with 4 children and still staying in the truth. Moral of the story - Do Not Give Up! 😉

•  

Oh ok then Im not alone... hmmmm... this system is just so awful.. 

whats the update about coronavirus again?

Outbreak starts to look more like worldwide economic crisis

By ADAM GELLER, PAUL WISEMAN and CHRISTOPHER RUGABER40 minutes ago

800.jpeg

NEW YORK (AP) — The coronavirus outbreak began to look more like a worldwide economic crisis Friday as anxiety about the infection emptied shops and amusement parks, canceled events, cut trade and travel and dragged already slumping financial markets even lower.

Israeli scientists: 'In a few weeks, we will have coronavirus vaccine'

By MAAYAN JAFFE-HOFFMAN   
FEBRUARY 27, 2020 20:58
MIGAL researchers working vigorously to find a new coronavirus vaccine (photo credit: LIOR JOURNO)
MIGAL researchers working vigorously to find a new coronavirus vaccine
(photo credit: LIOR JOURNO)

Once the vaccine is developed, it will take at least 90 days to complete the regulatory process and potentially more to enter the marketplace. https://m.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE/Israeli-scientists-In-three-weeks-we-will-have-coronavirus-vaccine-619101

10 hours ago, Todd komaniak said:

Yes but look at it this way you may have gone to college got a degree had a really nice job made a lot of money and fell out of the truth because of that.

Nice degree. Nope. Two year trade school. Maybe. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

9 hours ago, Todd komaniak said:

Outbreak starts to look more like worldwide economic crisis

By ADAM GELLER, PAUL WISEMAN and CHRISTOPHER RUGABER40 minutes ago

800.jpeg

NEW YORK (AP) — The coronavirus outbreak began to look more like a worldwide economic crisis Friday as anxiety about the infection emptied shops and amusement parks, canceled events, cut trade and travel and dragged already slumping financial markets even lower.

Economic crisis? I better hide my chocolate. Ezekiel didn't say anything about chocolate. Ezekiel 7:19. Who knows,  it might save me from Jehovah,s fury. Zephaniah 1:18

7 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

From the above article:

As of today, Saturday 29 February 2020 we have almost close 90,000 infected cases worldwide, almost 3,000 deaths and more than a million suspected cases in a time span of about 9 weeks since the coronavirus was first detected.

Now, that is one sobering sentence. :(

And that isn't even the worst of it.  :(

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

7 hours ago, JennyM said:

After we attended an International Convention last november 2019 , on the last day. a lot of got sick with high fever and coughing for 5 weeks... ... Did someone put something in the air? 

I think many get sick from eating out at restaurants where the workers in the kitchen are sick..many go out to eat after a convention, and if they are from out of town and are staying in a motel, they may eat food someone else cooked. What you described fits exactly what happened to us when we ate at a restaurant where the staff were all sick..They were living at a motel where foreigners were staying who were all sick!

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Bill Gates says the Coronavirus outbreak traversing the globe is a once in a century pandemic, and that it’s up to wealthy nations to help lesser countries revamp their health care systems.

One way he imagines this can be accomplished is by accelerating the testing of vaccines. He hopes that if any can prove safe and effective in animals, then maybe they could be ready for large scale trials in June. 

Are you ready to stick your arm out and take an injection of a new concoction if it means staving off a major viral event?

41 minutes ago, My little flower said:

Bill Gates says the Coronavirus outbreak traversing the globe is a once in a century pandemic, and that it’s up to wealthy nations to help lesser countries revamp their health care systems.

One way he imagines this can be accomplished is by accelerating the testing of vaccines. He hopes that if any can prove safe and effective in animals, then maybe they could be ready for large scale trials in June. 

Are you ready to stick your arm out and take an injection of a new concoction if it means staving off a major viral event?

The coronavirus is now a pandemic.