JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

3 minutes ago, Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual said:

Could all this be a link directly to GT somehow? 

Yes, along with wars, food shortages, earthquakes....

It's all part of the prophecy that we are in the Last Days and the GT will start soon.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

32 minutes ago, Zebra555 said:

Lady this morning on the ministry opened her door and told us she is in self imposed quarantine, GREAT!

Makes you wonder...Is she really?  Or is that just going to be the new "I have my own religion." ?

Aside from having a test kit in our pocket, there is no way to overcome that objection.  

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

26 minutes ago, cme said:

Where in the scriptures does it say "if you can't run with footmen, how can you run with horsemen?".   

Jeremiah 12:5.  

Love that talk by Brother Herd...and loved your post. :D 

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

57 minutes ago, EccentricM said:

It's utter madness. People don't even have logical reasoning on why they are doing this, they can't answer. This is literal hysteria. You'd think the logic would be that people are stocking up because they plan on staying at home all year (that's what I thought at least), but..  you realise then that people are not trying to buy up all the food and water, just toilet roll. People literally are being sheep here, and many of them here are doing it because other people are doing it and they think it it's protecting them from the virus somehow.

This is laughable.  Now, can you imagine when the GT hits.  They will kill themselves.  They will turn on each other.  All we have to do is "stand still and watch the salvation of Jehovah".  Jehovah does not have to do much to wipe out this system.  They are doing a great job themselves. And that's only with toilet paper!  They are going to wipe themselves right out of this old wicked world.

Edited by cme

1 hour ago, Barbllm said:

As long as it stays in Atlanta and doesn't come to Columbus. I'm already an officially diagnosed hypochondriac. I'm so close to agoraphobia because of this virus atm.

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

3 minutes ago, cme said:

Its an upper respitory infection.  Where does toilet paper come in????

As was brought out in previous posts:

It's a large bulky commodity that is noticeable when it's missing from the shelves.

It gives people a false sense of normalcy when it isn't missing from the shelves.

It's like a comfort food for the body.

I have a question for everyone.   If this is the way that people react to pandemics (Coronavirus) without logic, no thinking, lack of reasoning but, willing to get into altercations over toilet paper then, whats going to happen when the real thing comes at their door.  EX: Judgment message.

I wonder if the GB is taking note of peoples reaction to the news.

This is mind boggling.

Edited by cme

sentence

15 minutes ago, cme said:

This is laughable.  Now, can you imagine when the GT hits.  They will kill themselves.  They will turn on each other.  All we have to do is "stand still and watch the salvation of Jehovah".  Jehovah does not have to do much to wipe out this system.  They are doing a great job themselves. And that's only with toilet paper!  They are going to wipe themselves right out of this old wicked world.

My country is fighting over toilet rolls 

They are limited to 4 but cleaning up all and they will assault anyone who dare challenge them 

1 minute ago, cme said:

I have a question for everyone.   If this is the way that people react to pandemics (Coronavirus) without logic, no thinking, lack of reasoning but, willing to get into altercations over toilet paper then, whats going to happen when the real thing comes at their door.  EX: Judgment message.

This is mind boggling.

That's kinda why I was wondering how people reacted Witnesses and other, in the Spanish Influenza and other viruses or pandemics that came around.
Was it this crazy during Swine Flu? I was worried about online college classes at that time and kinda just ignored it.

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

ON TOP OF EVERYTHING ELSE now this

14:36

BreakingChina quarantine hotel collapses

We have some breaking news from China.

A hotel has collapsed in south-eastern Fujian province, trapping dozens of people under the rubble, state media has reported.

The Xinjia Hotel in the city of Quanzhou collapsed at around 19:30 local time (11:30 GMT) on Saturday.

According to the Global Times newspaper, the building was being used to hold people who had been in close contact with others confirmed to have the virus. They were under medical observation.

About 70 people were in the building when it collapsed and 32 have been rescued so far, says the newspaper, which belongs to the Chinese Communist Party.

It is not yet clear what caused the building to collapse.

Edited by humblebumblebee

All these are past generations.  The generation on the scene today are wicked and demon possessed.  We are so close that the behaviour of this generation is a clue as to how close we are to the GT and the end of the system of things.  Harmaggedon.  People are ferocious.  Jehovah has to bring an end very soon.  The characteristics of mankind is animalistic.   I have never seen the like of this.

4 minutes ago, Nirex said:

That's kinda why I was wondering how people reacted Witnesses and other, in the Spanish Influenza and other viruses or pandemics that came around.
Was it this crazy during Swine Flu? I was worried about online college classes at that time and kinda just ignored it.

Just now, cme said:

All these are past generations.  The generation on the scene today are wicked and demon possessed.  We are so close that the behaviour of this generation is a clue as to how close we are to the GT and the end of the system of things.  Harmaggedon.  People are ferocious.  Jehovah has to bring an end very soon.  The characteristics of mankind is animalistic.   I have never seen the like of this.

15 minutes ago, cme said:

This is mind boggling.

Bible says they will be distrort 

56 minutes ago, Newtonian said:

Wow!   Do you have a link to that?

We are about to have a circuit assembly - wonder if it might be cancelled?

we received this from our Tour operator  "Bethel Tours 4 u"

it's also on their website  https://www.betheltours4u.com/

Bethel has sent out emails confirming that all New York Bethels are closed to the public through March 31, 2020.

We have reached out to all of our March guests and have either rescheduled or canceled their reservations

53 minutes ago, Nirex said:

During 1918-1919 the Governing Body was in prison on false charges and the preaching work had virtually stopped.  This was a time of shifting and testing. 

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2018602#h=14:0-17:455

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101993028#h=12:0-12:227

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/301976007?q=1914+number+publishers&p=par#h=4

There were less than 5,000 publishers world wide in 1918.  We were not in every country like today.  

57 minutes ago, Nirex said:

No. The swine flu in your lifetime was not a global pandemic.  You would have noticed if there was the same level of panic and concern we see today. 

The Spanish Flu was actually the H1N1 swine flu. 

1 hour ago, cme said:

Its an upper respitory infection.  Where does toilet paper come in????

This virus can also cause pneumonia in the lung..that is lower respiratory illness..still not a need for tp..however, in the link I posted under the topic Hand Sanitizers, there has been evidence that this virus can cause GI and nervous system symptoms..

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

24 minutes ago, Bluebell said:

we received this from our Tour operator  "Bethel Tours 4 u"

it's also on their website  https://www.betheltours4u.com/

Bethel has sent out emails confirming that all New York Bethels are closed to the public through March 31, 2020.

We have reached out to all of our March guests and have either rescheduled or canceled their reservations

Thank you. I had mentioned this to a brother downstate Michigan. He said he hadn’t heard about this. 

I sent him the website confirming this. Now I feel better. 🙂

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-51781573

New York declares state of emergency

Governor Andrew Cuomo has declared a state of emergency in New York state after the number of coronavirus cases almost doubled in 24 hours.

Mr Cuomo said the number of confirmed coronavirus cases had risen from 44 to 76 in the state, with 11 in New York City.

.....can't keep up with all the news.....and we haven't the great Tribulation yet...

Edited by Bluebell

The meeting was very long today.

We had an abbreviated WT Study. 

The letter was in response to what the Branch wrote to the body of elders. It was not read to us.

The poles were used for the mics.

There will be pre and post meeting sanitizing of hard metal surfaces based on field service groups and others who would like to help.

We are not encouraged to panic.

There was a mentioning of the letter from the Branch from last week.

There will be special disinfectant for electronic equipment ( audio mixer, keyboard and etc) provided soon.

We got an increase in our phone line tie in from 25  to 50 individual persons dialing in.

This is based on the 5 congregation operating committee decision to be implemented immediately.

I asked what was in the yellowish spray bottles (for disinfectant) the elder told me it was a bleach solution (during the letter being read it was said not to use on fabrics).

That is pretty much it. It was based on whatever the branch wrote the elders and what the body of elders decide to do in response to that information.

This was my first time collecting the donations with my nitrile gloves, they give more grip than fingers. LOL

Edited by AH173

update

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible