JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Memorial Reading 2020 - Collaborative Reading

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1475 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Here we are again, another official Bible Reading. We are doing the Memorial Reading for 2020.

Its a big read, 185 verses!

We will have to assign out the Reading this time, as it is too disjointed to have you pick verses here and there.

Here are our readers so far:

• Ivy
  • Bek
  • Hanah45
  • Qapla
  • Intercore
  • Dages
  • Astrid
  • Dilip
  • Gayathri
  • Vinnie
  • Georider
  • Friends Just Call Me Ross
  • Cerebral Ecstasy
  • Risha
  • Godly Devotion
  • Miss Bea
  • Hatcheckgirl
  • Lone Wanderer
  • NW2020 
  • Humblebumblebee
  • Myew
  • New World Explorer
  • Sepie

I’ll set out a schedule for the whole Reading. It will be set out for each day, with sometimes only one reader, and sometimes many, depending on the amount of verses assigned for that day.  It’s going to be tricky and a bit different. But we need to have your readings as soon as you can, or it can’t be coordinated in time.

At this stage we have 23 readers, which makes it 8 verses each. (I think that’s about right). So stay tuned and l'll make up a schedule soon so we can get started. Thanks all!

Edited by Dismal_Bliss

Fixed list of names that were white text on white background

Thank you for your hard work, sister @hatcheckgirl! 👏🏻 Just let us know when you have had the time to finish the schedule.

Are we reading in English or in our mother tongues? Would suggest English so that we get flavorful reading and many different accents and voices.

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

5 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:
  • Ivy
  • Bek
  • Hanah45
  • Qapla
  • Intercore
  • Dages
  • Astrid
  • Dilip
  • Gayathri
  • Vinnie
  • Georider
  • Friends Just Call Me Ross
  • Cerebral Ecstasy
  • Risha
  • Godly Devotion
  • Miss Bea
  • Hatcheckgirl
  • Lone Wanderer
  • NW2020 
  • Humblebumblebee
  • Myew
  • New World Explorer
  • Sepie
  • Dismal Bliss
  • Sylvie
  • Rlyem

Just added the extra peeps.

Edited by hatcheckgirl

Ok, we are almost ready to roll.  WE HAVE NO MORE SPACES LEFT FOR THIS READING, unfortunately.

This project is very different to how we have done it in the past.  I can't let you choose your verses, unfortunately, there's just too many.  We also have many small parts to read and a couple of very long parts.  So, for the most part, you all get between 5 to 8 verses to read.  It's pretty fairly divided up as this needs to cover the days of each day's memorial reading.  I hope you understand, but this is logistically challenging compared to the rest.  Please let me know if I have made some error, I'd appreciate it.

You will get assigned your verses in groups, according to the days of the memorial reading.  So this does not become confusing for me, I will assign your verses when I'm ready to accept the next batch, so please be patient in waiting for your turn.  Also, for this to work, I must have your assigned reading parts promptly please.

Please name your file this way:  name.day.scripture.mp3, for example Hatcheckgirl.Mark160208.Friday04April.mp3 (or .wav files)

INSTRUCTIONS:

Please record your assigned verses and send to me. 

You can either save to your cloud (dropbox/drive, etc) enable sharing on this file and send me the link via PM.  Or if you prefer to email it to me, please PM me and I'll give you my email address.

But it is also easy to just attach the file in a PM and send it.  

Easiest way to record your voice:

Samsung phones/tablets - use the inbuilt Voice Recorder app:

Press round red button to record, and same button again to stop recording. 

It saves it as "Voice 001". 

To select, long touch the file you want to send. Tick box if not already selected. 

Rename the file to a meaningful name like (name.day.scripture.mp3) by using the menu on the right (three dots).

Long touch again to select it.  Press "share" icon top right next to bin icon. 

Apple

Open Voice Memos app

Press round red button to record

Change the name of the voice memo file by selecting it and typing the name as suggested (name.day.scripture.mp3)

Press three little dots on the menu to the left, press share

Copy and paste and send in PM to me.

I will organise the files as per the days of the Memorial Reading, which starts on Thursday April 2.  

Enjoy!  Any questions, please ask in this thread and we can all help you :) 

6 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Like we always do, just the reading.  I'll do the graphics to introduce your Day - Thursday April 2.  Makes sense?

Got it...

Will you get overwhelmed if I read in 3 languages, so you can have more options? Lol... I am just not confident with English...

:bouncing:

Should we perhaps tag everyone in this thread whose turn is coming up? That way they will get a notification when they log on to the forum, and we can finish the project in timely manner.

Good suggestion to tag the upcoming readers!

@ivy, @Bek, @Hanah45, @Qapla  You all have been assigned the first bunch of readings.  Please see above post #14

https://jwtalk.net/topic/44013-memorial-reading-2020-collaborative-reading/?do=findComment&comment=707371

And @Intercore, @Dages, @Astrid, @dilip kumar, @gayathri, @Vinnie you're all next.  See post # 15

https://jwtalk.net/topic/44013-memorial-reading-2020-collaborative-reading/?do=findComment&comment=707374

18 minutes ago, ivy said:

Will you get overwhelmed if I read in 3 languages, so you can have more options? Lol... I am just not confident with English...

No, should be fine.  If you just want to skip English, that's ok.

There are free online converters that can help 😊

I have never used this site before, but they claim to be able to convert your .3gpp files to .mp3 format.

https://www.zamzar.com/convert/3gpp-to-mp3/

Edited by LoneWanderer

Haha, forgot the link 🙈