JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Memorial Reading 2020 - Collaborative Reading

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1446 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Wow, wow, WOW!!!! (and I hate using more than one exclamation mark) And I only checked the part of the day I had participated in. But this is so awesome! Such great work everybody, but especially you Sis. @hatcheckgirl. The lengths you went into to put in the pictures (and there is no search tool for looking up pictures from our publications, right?!) in the background, to edit the audio clips and put everything together. This is fantastic and as you humbly said, this is all to Jehovah's praise! Amazing reading to enjoy during the whole Memorial season (:P)

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

@LoneWanderer I agree, WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!

That was beautifully done. Well done everyone.  How beautiful, all to Jehovah's praise. Thank you everyone who read it in the language of your heart. It was joyful to hear all the different languages. I won't say more so I don't spoil surprises. Good job Lucy and all who helped you. Excellent job putting it all together.  

Edited by Vinnie

I just recommend a box of tissues to have near by. 

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

Isn't it wonderful to hear everyone's voices?  Ads so much to JWTalk to actually hear talk. :D 

Grateful to all who gave voice to this amazing shout of praise!  ❤️

Our Sister Lucy is very talented. :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Wow, Amazing, Awesome just is not sufficient to describe the beauty and awesomeness that I just saw and heard! Everyone was outstanding! It is so thrilling to be a part of this multicultural, multilingual, multi talented and multiracial organization! No other comes close! Definitely feel Jehovah's spirit! Hatcheckgirl, you and your helpers are AWESOME! Thank you from the depth of my heart!

10 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I just recommend a box of tissues to have near by. 

It gives me goosebumps too! I got quite emotional going through all the details of Jesus’s death, in such a manner as this.  I feel honoured that we have the ability to connect together and make this a fitting recording of how we all feel about the ransom, and Jehovah’s willingness to give us this hope.  Again, thanks to all.

I was delightfully impressed. I haven't heard any of the collaborative readings yet. This was cool!

With the exception of my own terrible voice, lol, the rest of you could read for official recordings 😉

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

1 hour ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

I was delightfully impressed. I haven't heard any of the collaborative readings yet. This was cool!

With the exception of my own terrible voice, lol, the rest of you could read for official recordings 😉

Just proves what the ministry school has done for us. 😁

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

Well, this is hysterical. (Oh, by the way, I found a new term that I think sort of fits me. “Mentally hysterical”. Albeit a sort of mild case) 
See, I told you...

Anyway, I can’t get it to open. I got as far as the pictures. 
I shall muster on...eventually....

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

3 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

download them all at once

or download one at the time, what I did, but once downloaded the image of the file was different. how is that possible? how do you get it the same? I didn't understand what "add as cover" meant. This has happened before when downloading from JWTalk, all the same images unless I downloaded each file into a separate folder.

This may be 'off topic' so please PM or perhaps I should address this subject under the computer section.

It is my intention to listen to them on the days assigned and not before, what is going to be really difficult. Something to look forward to. 

Just a bit of background info:

Memorial reading was 207 verses long, covering Nisan 9 to Nisan 16.  It was an average of 8 verses for each reader.  We had 26 readers who read in English, Chinese, Indonesian, Lithuanian, French, German, Shona, Finnish, Tigrinya, Dutch and Greek.

Our readers came from:

Asia

Indonesia

Philippines

India

Africa

South Africa

Nigeria

Europe

Lithuania

France

Austria

ex-Finland

Netherlands

Greece

England

Ireland

North America

USA  (with all those lovely and varied dialects)

Canada

With production from Australia.

We are all united, and we are a just a part of such a wonderful worldwide spiritual family reflecting Jehovah's love,  here on JWTalk.  ❤️

Edited by hatcheckgirl

36 minutes ago, M'Awan said:

ex-Finland.  

What country is this? Does the person not want to reveal the exact country? Ok, probably Russia or former Russian territory. Understandable.

No, sorry, it’s Brother Julian, aka LoneWanderer. Originally from Finland, now living in US, speaks all three languages for his reading of Mark 14:46-53. Clever!