JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2020 Governing Body Update #6

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1317 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 minutes ago, CouveBro said:

Those French friends did a great job! Love the part about the translation too. 

What a gift!  all those translations!

and Wow!!! Beautiful!! With headphones on, enjoying the song over and over... What a treat!! ... a joyful way to start the day!

Thank you Jehovah!!! ❤️

2 minutes ago, WilliamChew said:

GB Update #6 transcript

2020-09 GB Update #6.pdf

Thank you so much Brother William... for this and all the transcripts! 

What a great update....it just reinforces our faith in Jehovah even more. He has been preparing us for something like this for years with the introduction of JW library and broadcast Chanel. Where would we be if we didn’t have them! At least this way, no matter what pandemic or other things happen we can still be fed spiritually and keep ourselves strong....

Also I LOVED the singing. Well done our French friends....☺️

The brother and the sister in the center bottom of this pic are a couple I've known for years, in my cong when I was a young adult ! They are great singers, especially the brother who has often been selected to sing the Original songs. :D So happy to see them. :D 

Annotation 2020-09-04 193810.png

They all looked like they were having a good time - I know I used to really like playing in the Orchestra back in the 70's

There's nothing quite using music to praise Jehovah!

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, Dages said:

The brother and the sister in the center bottom of this pic are a couple I've known for years, in my cong when I was a young adult ! They are great singers, especially the brother who has often been selected to sing the Original songs. :D So happy to see them. :D 

Annotation 2020-09-04 193810.png

I know one of these brothers and sisters too ! He is actually the principal singer of Give me Courage in French. So happy to see him there.

Edited by Romain

It is an excellent update.

It really shows that the organization is well equipped to deal with any challenges it faces, such as the technical difficulties in Ethiopia. Yet, the brothers never let their standards drop when it comes to safety with such things as video production.

"The brothers learned our language!" [Kikamba] :D

Such an encouraging update. Wish I knew the French lyrics (I know I could look it up) so I could chime in with those lively performances where everyone looked like there were enjoying themselves 🎵

Lovely to see how the work in Ethiopia progresses despite challenging situations and increasing civil and political unrest. Even with Internet access cut off, Jehovah's people are never cut off from the spiritual food. When I visited in the country in 2013, they were about to hit the 10,000 publisher mark IIRC. Even then, 12,000 publishers means a lot of territory to cover in a country with a population of 80-85 MILLION!

Usually the brothers do a good job blurring any outside products. They did forget to blur the Costco (X() water bottle in México at 5:00, though :lol:

Another edit: A BBC article to give some background on some of the unrest in Ethiopia: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-53807187 (The article focuses on the northern regions close to Eritrean border and doesn't mention unrest in the southern Oromo regions, though.)

Edited by LoneWanderer

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

19 hours ago, Thesauron said:

So when you see two sisters sitting next to each other, they may not in fact be sitting next to each other...

Well for something for the 1st sister to look at whiles she does all her lines the 2nd sister will be there but wearing a mask 😷 

then they swap, without hopefully moving the camera. Then the 2nd sister does all her lines while the 1st sister sits there and wears a mask 😷 

then they edit the 2 video together and makes it look like there have a real convention.

ITS A PIECE OF CAKE.

Well for something for the 1st sister to look at whiles she does all her lines the 2nd sister will be there but wearing a mask  

then they swap, without hopefully moving the camera. Then the 2nd sister does all her lines while the 1st sister sits there and wears a mask  

then they edit the 2 video together and makes it look like there have a real convention.

ITS A PIECE OF CAKE.
Yes. The camera can move, but it has to move in the same pattern every time a shot is made.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I finally had the chance to watch update #6 last night! (I must be just too busy.) WOWW! I never realized how much work went into translating and "lip-syncing" to make the convention viewable to so many—all while making it safe to work with each other. Considering there's a pandemic going on, that was nothing short of a miracle!

The scene that was shown of the French brothers each doing their own parts in singing the new song had quite an effect on me, since I speak French anyway. That was really novel. (I didn't know until now that the French version of the new song is actually entitled Le Dieu de notre joie, or The God of Our Joy.) Since I am no longer in a French congregation, I would never have thought of making a stand-alone version of the final video like I did with the English version. But it motivated me to do a French one too. (If you'd like to see it in French, PM me.) But multiply that by all the languages the convention was translated into (511), and that itself is another miracle! I love that song in any language!

No pandemic is strong enough to stop our God from carrying out his purpose!

Edited by Sheep

On 9/5/2020 at 1:15 PM, LoneWanderer said:

Such an encouraging update. Wish I knew the French lyrics (I know I could look it up) so I could chime in with those lively performances where everyone looked like there were enjoying themselves 🎵

https://www.jw.org/fr/bibliothèque/musique-cantiques/chansons/le-dieu-de-notre-joie/

On 8/28/2020 at 3:33 PM, Mephibosheth said:

I'd also like an update about resuming meetings and ministry.

Me too. I'm longing to see everyone in person again. Don't get me wrong for I'm thankful to Jehovah for giving us a means to attend meetings, and "go out" in the ministry through ZOOM, yet I so long to see everyone in person again, to hug and shake hands again. There are times, while "attending" meetings via ZOOM that I have tears in my eyes I so much miss everyone. 

And actually with the coronavirus virus around, when we do physically see each other again, we may not be able to hug even then, because Caesar may still require that we all put distance between each other. Oh well, the new world is just around the corner symbolically speaking of course as in real soon.

I miss the KH too, but the COVID19 is still here and summer is soon over... People are expecting a big rise in the the number of case now that kids are back in school and summer vacations is over... it's starting in my region :( 

I'd like to see the GT starting now...