JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting - January 2021

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1208 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

4 minutes ago, jcosta79 said:

So... now that we've had a chance to see the AM, how is everyone feeling about the topics discussed previously?  In particular the speculations about the GT?

Here's my feelings/thoughts.

2 possibilities:

1.  GT is still some time off and there will be many millions more to come into the truth before the end comes.  (I'm thinking China/India really open up perhaps?)

2. GT is about to begin.  New publication is to help everyone make disciples in the new system. 

Thoughts?

GT not far off so reach and teach as many as are willing

1 hour ago, zauser said:

Weren’t they testing the binding / stitching / silver leaf pre-release though? Not the actual revised text?

Yes, his Bible had the new binding material - it was just black material ... not gray

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

So... now that we've had a chance to see the AM, how is everyone feeling about the topics discussed previously?  In particular the speculations about the GT?

Here's my feelings/thoughts.

2 possibilities:

1.  GT is still some time off and there will be many millions more to come into the truth before the end comes.  (I'm thinking China/India really open up perhaps?)

2. GT is about to begin.  New publication is to help everyone make disciples in the new system. 

Thoughts?

I was moved to tears. I am so little from God, but I feels as Paul at Rom 8:35-39.

Im glad and thankful, that we had conventions, meel, regular assembly's, despite the pandemic.

We may have months left, we may have years. What’s encouraging to me is the definite shift towards progressive bible studies. Encouraging the truth to get right down deep in their hearts so they will be moved to baptism. That to me seems urgent, like a last push. And this book will help tremendously. 

16 minutes ago, Luisabola said:

We may have months left, we may have years. What’s encouraging to me is the definite shift towards progressive bible studies. Encouraging the truth to get right down deep in their hearts so they will be moved to baptism. That to me seems urgent, like a last push. And this book will help tremendously. 

But where is the new book?

2 hours ago, On the huh said:

But no one found pictures of it online on the servers either, like with the magazines or the broadcasts before they are released.

As I am sure you already know, not all of the servers used by Bethel are in the public domain.  Even on LDC we used servers that contained material that was not to be shared to the non-LDC people or put on-line.  Some things the organization does or is planning on doing have rules the strictly prohibit sharing.  There has been an occasion or two where people had to leave Bethel because the made a serious mistake in this matter.

So with the special nature of this project, it simply was not available through our "regular" channels of "spoilers".

It reminded me of the time (long, long ago) when the Conventions had live orchestras made up of volunteers who brought their own instruments to the convention.  They were assigned a place in the group and a special set of sheet music was assigned to them by serial number.  They could use it at the convention and practice between sessions but all music was returned at the end and the pages and serial numbers checked (this was before common copying machines).  The players might remember some pieces but no one was allowed to take it home as a "spoiler".  !955-1965 that era

Edited by jwhess

4 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

Was blank initially then videos started showing up. Going to avoid it until the book shows up on the websites what's new page. 

Edited by Mykyl

6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

:whistling:

In all truth I had no inside information, these were just my musings. Guess of the year so far, I reckon 😂

I had been thinking for weeks about how I always forget to use the Jehovah’s Will brochure on my studies, and how it would be good to have just one book that covered everything. So this new publication was truly an answer to a prayer!

12 minutes ago, WilliamChew said:

Encouraging to see the challenges that were overcome to produce the RC.

Makeshift studios.

Work whenever power available.

Creating a Green screen background.

Recording in car at night.

The wonderful thing is that its all done by ordinary people.(:P)

Kudos to that brother who painted an entire wall in his home green just for us. ❤️  :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

13 hours ago, trottigy said:

Did they announce the date of the great Tribulation?  😉

Annual Meeting part 4, February 29th 2021

5 hours ago, jwhess said:

It reminded me of the time (long, long ago) when the Conventions had live orchestras made up of volunteers who brought their own instruments to the convention.  They were assigned a place in the group and a special set of sheet music was assigned to them by serial number.  They could use it at the convention and practice between sessions but all music was returned at the end and the pages and serial numbers checked (this was before common copying machines).  The players might remember some pieces but no one was allowed to take it home as a "spoiler".  !955-1965 that era

Everyone played in a different key so they could tell who it was if anyone leaked the music. 🙃

I can actually sing the 12 key blues.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

9 hours ago, jwhess said:

As I am sure you already know, not all of the servers used by Bethel are in the public domain.  Even on LDC we used servers that contained material that was not to be shared to the non-LDC people or put on-line.  Some things the organization does or is planning on doing have rules the strictly prohibit sharing.  There has been an occasion or two where people had to leave Bethel because the made a serious mistake in this matter.

So with the special nature of this project, it simply was not available through our "regular" channels of "spoilers".

Maybe I need to put a smiley face when I don't expect my comments to be taken seriously.  :) But thanks anyway

Saying that.  I knew about the Pure Worship a whole year before its release, and we know the subject for this years convention drama.  This is just another release.   :secret:

13 hours ago, Sofia said:

Our beloved GB may leave many videos pre recorded to be released at the proper time AFTER they leave us, for our spiritual needs. Members of the other sheep will take the lead after.

Dont forget that many Morning Worship videos pre recorded years ago are being released now 😉

This does sound like a nice idea.  But in the new world, Jesus will be using 144,000 Kings to look after us, not just 8.  Imagine what the spiritual food will be like then!