JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Coronavirus: Six years predicted for world to become COVID-safe

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1186 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This weeks´middle week we have herd the Slave to stay indoors. To avoid the pandemic. It seems many JW are not complying the order....

Too many Jw died in Portugal :(

I thought of the Book Kingdom:

How to Prepare Ourselves

19, 20. How can we apply the lesson contained in the words found at Isaiah 26:20 and 30:21?

19 How can we prepare ourselves for the earthshaking events that are to come? The Watchtower stated some years ago: “Survival will depend on obedience.” Why is that so? The answer is found in a warning from Jehovah to the captive Jews living in ancient Babylon. Jehovah foretold that Babylon would be conquered, but what were God’s people to do to prepare themselves for that event? Jehovah stated: “Go, my people, enter your inner rooms, and shut your doors behind you. Hide yourself for a brief moment until the wrath has passed by.” (Isa. 26:20) Note the verbs in this verse: “go,” “enter,” “shut,” “hide”—all are in the imperative mood; they are commands. The Jews who heeded those commands would have stayed in their houses, away from the conquering soldiers out in the streets. Hence, their survival depended on obeying Jehovah’s instructions. *

20 What is the lesson for us? As in the case of those ancient servants of God, our survival of coming events will depend on our obedience to Jehovah’s instructions. (Isa. 30:21) Such instructions come to us through the congregation arrangement. Therefore, we want to develop heartfelt obedience to the guidance we are receiving. (1 John 5:3) If we do so today, we will be more inclined to obey willingly in the future and thus receive the protection of our Father, Jehovah, and our King, Jesus. (Zeph. 2:3) That divine protection will allow us to witness firsthand how God’s Kingdom will completely remove its enemies. What an unforgettable event that will be!

https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/gods-kingdom/promises/kingdom-enemies-removed/

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Habakuk fortold the pandemic: Hab. 3:5 Before him went pestilence,+And burning fever followed at his feet.

And he also fortold the events leading to Armagedom.

Important to note that Jehovah says trough him that some loyal servants may experience loss of good, shortage of food suplies etc:

Hab. 3:17

Although the fig tree may not blossom,

And there may be no fruit on the vines;

Although the olive crop may fail,

And the fields* may produce no food;

Although the flock may disappear from the pen,

And there may be no cattle in the stalls;

18 Yet, as for me, I will exult in Jehovah;

I will be joyful in the God of my salvation.

In the end, loyal ones will be saved.

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

‘We should be prepared it will remain with us’: EU health agency chief says Covid-19 might NEVER be eradicated

People weary of a pandemic that has dragged on longer than advertised may need to brace themselves for a troubling prospect, as the head of the EU's ECDC health agency has warned that Covid-19 will likely stick around forever.

"It seems very well adapted to humans, so we should be prepared that it will remain with us," Andrea Ammon, head of the Stockholm-based European Centre for Disease Prevention, told France's AFP in an interview on Friday.

In fact, Ammon said it appears more likely that the virus will continue to circulate indefinitely than that it would disappear. "It wouldn't be the first virus that is with us forever, so it's not an unusual feature for a virus," she added.https://www.rt.com/news/515448-eu-coronavirus-forever-vaccine/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=RSS   

From me ...comforting to know Daniel 2:44.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

10 hours ago, Sofia said:

Habakuk fortold the pandemic: Hab. 3:5 Before him went pestilence,+And burning fever followed at his feet.

Notice this Watchtower comment. 

*** w00 2/1 pp. 20-21 par. 7 Joyful in the God of Our Salvation ***

7 God’s triumphal march means disaster for those who rebel against him. Habakkuk 3:5 says: “Before him pestilence kept going, and burning fever would go forth at his feet.” When the Israelites were close to the boundaries of the Promised Land in 1473 B.C.E., many of them rebelled, engaging in immorality and idolatry. As a result, well over 20,000 died of a pestilence sent by God. (Numbers 25:1-9) In the near future, when Jehovah marches to “the war of the great day of God the Almighty,” those rebelling against him will similarly suffer for their sins. Some may even die by literal pestilence.—Revelation 16:14, 16.

8 Hear now the prophet’s graphic description of Jehovah of armies in action. At Habakkuk 3:6, we read: “He [Jehovah God] stood still, that he might shake up the earth. He saw, and then caused nations to leap. And the eternal mountains got to be smashed; the indefinitely lasting hills bowed down. The walkings of long ago are his.” First, Jehovah ‘stands still,’ like a general surveying the battlefield. His enemies shake in fear. They see who their opponent is and are shocked, jumping in agitation. Jesus foretold the time when “all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in lamentation.” (Matthew 24:30) Too late they will realize that no one can stand against Jehovah. Human organizations—even those that seem as permanent as “the eternal mountains” and “the indefinitely lasting hills”—will crumble. It will then be like God’s “walkings of long ago,” like the way he acted in ancient times.

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2000085&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=12

Our current understanding is Habakkuk refers to Armageddon.  Will this current pandemic lead to Armageddon? Time will tell.  Since some of Jehovah’s people have suffered and died because of coronavirus, it's clear this pandemic is not, in itself, judgement from Jehovah. 

Really, we need to resist this urge to apply every scripture about pestilences to our current situation.  Let's wait in Jehovah and stop trying to run ahead of the chariot. 

38 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Jehovah’s people have suffered and died because of coronavirus, it's clear this pandemic is not, in itself, judgement from Jehova

Of course not!

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

current understanding is Habakkuk refers to Armageddo

Yes, current

but now we know that in Armageddon all anointed will be in heaven. Not in 2000

or even 1973 when I read the explanation of these verses

and Hab.3:13 states that Jehovah is comming to save his anointed his people

yes

time will say if this prophecy needs a new understanding and if hab.3:5 refers to this pandemic 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
according to the newest understandings I see Armageddon only after verse 12... but that’s just me of course

but yes let’s not be ahead of the Organization and wait for clarification 

if I’m wrong then ... according to Habakkuk the Armageddon will arrive with a great pandemic 🙄 just up front

while the latest information says that the goats will be killed by each other’s and lately by angelic forces.

only after things happen we will in deed understand fully Habakkuk chapter 3

sorry again for my thoughts 🙏

that’s what they are

Just foulish thoughts 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 

Edited by Sofia

18 minutes ago, Sofia said:

but yes let’s not be ahead of the Organization and wait for clarification 

if I’m wrong then ... according to Habakkuk the Armageddon will arrive with a great pandemic 🙄 just up front

What has your research revealed about this prophecy? Is the pestilence or plague mentioned in Habakkuk literal or symboluc? 

20 minutes ago, Sofia said:

time will say if this prophecy needs a new understanding 

Until then, why don't we stick with the current understanding?  Not every understanding requires updating. 

12 hours ago, Sofia said:

This weeks´middle week we have herd the Slave to stay indoors. To avoid the pandemic. It seems many JW are not complying the order....

Too many Jw died in Portugal :(

I thought of the Book Kingdom:

How to Prepare Ourselves

19, 20. How can we apply the lesson contained in the words found at Isaiah 26:20 and 30:21?

19 How can we prepare ourselves for the earthshaking events that are to come? The Watchtower stated some years ago: “Survival will depend on obedience.” Why is that so? The answer is found in a warning from Jehovah to the captive Jews living in ancient Babylon. Jehovah foretold that Babylon would be conquered, but what were God’s people to do to prepare themselves for that event? Jehovah stated: “Go, my people, enter your inner rooms, and shut your doors behind you. Hide yourself for a brief moment until the wrath has passed by.” (Isa. 26:20) Note the verbs in this verse: “go,” “enter,” “shut,” “hide”—all are in the imperative mood; they are commands. The Jews who heeded those commands would have stayed in their houses, away from the conquering soldiers out in the streets. Hence, their survival depended on obeying Jehovah’s instructions. *

20 What is the lesson for us? As in the case of those ancient servants of God, our survival of coming events will depend on our obedience to Jehovah’s instructions. (Isa. 30:21) Such instructions come to us through the congregation arrangement. Therefore, we want to develop heartfelt obedience to the guidance we are receiving. (1 John 5:3) If we do so today, we will be more inclined to obey willingly in the future and thus receive the protection of our Father, Jehovah, and our King, Jesus. (Zeph. 2:3) That divine protection will allow us to witness firsthand how God’s Kingdom will completely remove its enemies. What an unforgettable event that will be!

https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/gods-kingdom/promises/kingdom-enemies-removed/

The problem of staying in doors is to what degree. Because friends has to work, shop, etc. Where do we draw the line?

3 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

The problem of staying in doors is to what degree. Because friends has to work, shop, etc. Where do we draw the line?

There is no real hiding from this virus. They are finally admitting that it will more than likely become endemic. Does that mean we will be stuck in the house indefinitely? I surely hope not. If that's how it's going to be, the new world needs to get here quick. I really am not sure I will be able to handle it mentally without going on meds, because it's already taking it's toll. I already have enough issues.

Edited by runner92

I take long walks outside, and go for rides in the car. I want my family to stay  emotionally and psychologicaly healthy,  so I regularly schedule "day trips" on the weekend, and we alternate between nature parks or botanical gardens or animals refuge shelters. All outside, with plenty of space,  fresh air and sunshine.  Due to this, I don't feel restricted by the pandemic. If anything,  I actually feel this has pushed me to schedule fun time consistently and we're probably doing more in this sense than before the pandemic.

58 minutes ago, M.J. said:

I take long walks outside, and go for rides in the car. I want my family to stay  emotionally and psychologicaly healthy,  so I regularly schedule "day trips" on the weekend, and we alternate between nature parks or botanical gardens or animals refuge shelters. All outside, with plenty of space,  fresh air and sunshine.  Due to this, I don't feel restricted by the pandemic. If anything,  I actually feel this has pushed me to schedule fun time consistently and we're probably doing more in this sense than before the pandemic.

Me too!

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

If we are arrested and jailed - what are we going to do ... demand meds because "we can't take it"? Demand we take walks in the wood or by the sea? Demand to go shopping and to work? Somehow I just don't think that would work ...

Adjustments are sometimes needed in this system - we can't always have things the way we want.  Do I like wearing a mask when I go out in public - of course not ... do I wear one - Yes I Do!  and I will until one is not needed or recommended.

Just like with the meetings being held virtually - would I like to go back to the Hall, of course I would ... but, as things are, I see the glass as half-full not half-empty. The benefits I have experienced with our meetings being on Zoom have far outweighed the drawbacks.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

3 hours ago, M.J. said:

@runner92

Do you take time  to go walk out in nature on a regular basis? This is what they do at Bethel.

The brothers are very interested in ensuring that we care for ourselves spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically. Thank you for the reminder.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

If we are arrested and jailed - what are we going to do ... demand meds because "we can't take it"? Demand we take walks in the wood or by the sea? Demand to go shopping and to work? Somehow I just don't think that would work ...

I don't understand what you mean. 

Because of quarantine, we should most definitely be looking for ways to stay active and healthy. Exercise needs to be a priority.  As you said, we need to adapt.  Even if that means walking from room to room, at least we are active.  Not everyone has the advantage of a large property or nearby public trails. 

It's better to light a candle than curse the darkness. 

I agree .. getting some exercise and being able to go outside is good. I highly recommend it.

However, the comment was made that being confined might require meds ("not sure I will be able to handle it mentally without going on meds") - I was just trying to make the point that, due to persecution, a time may come when we are forced to restrict our movements more than the virus has caused ... or, they are restricted for us - and if we can't function without meds during the virus, what will we do if persecution comes our way?

So, like you said, "lighting the candle" could be as simple as coping with our restrictions instead of bemoaning them - finding a way to see the glass as half-full.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

9 hours ago, runner92 said:

I really am not sure I will be able to handle it mentally without going on meds, because it's already taking it's toll. I already have enough issues.

A lot of our brothers and sisters are dealing with depression and medical issues that are being exacerbated by the restrictions caused by the pandemic. I think that some friends that weren't aware they were prone to depression have discovered that the pandemic is affecting them more than they anticipated. Please don't ignore the symptoms of depression, please seek medical advice. You are in our prayers.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

A lot of our brothers and sisters are dealing with depression and medical issues that are being exacerbated by the restrictions caused by the pandemic. I think that some friends that weren't aware they were prone to depression have discovered that the pandemic is affecting them more than they anticipated. Please don't ignore the symptoms of depression, please seek medical advice. You are in our prayers.

Thank you! I’m trying to get out and drive with the windows down sometimes. I need to go walking more. 

Motion is emotion. 

Basically, the more you move, the more your body gets going, your heart pumps blood, your muscles stretch, your lungs open, and it overall has a very good effect on your physical/emotional state. I have to remind myself, but it's so true. Everytime I go outside walking, I feel refreshed by the time I go back inside. My body thanks me and I sleep better. But if I don't go walking, then my body feels stiff all day, and I'm even though my mind is groggy, I can't sleep at night because my body hasn't physically tired itself out due to lack of activity.

On 2/12/2021 at 3:05 PM, Sofia said:

I study Coronavirus for almost 27 years. My academic formation is veterinarian medicine. I know coronaviruses very well.

Thank you for this post my sister. Im not very scientific so if you dont mind me picking your brain... 

- can coronavirus be transmitted from  animals to humans naturally (outside a lab)

- has the virus Codiv19  been isolated?   (do they have it in a test tube so they can inject a tiny amount into the body to provoke an immune response )

- is natural herd immunity a real thing (does such a thing exist)?

- do the COVID19 vaccines protect against getting  the virus? 

- do the vaccines COVID19 protect against transmission? 

I have been wondering about these things...thanks so much

8 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I've learned how critical being with others is for some friends and family. Also learned that I think I may have depression or seasonal depression that just felt like normal to be, but it was exacerbated by this pandemic. Its been an eye opener.

On 2/11/2021 at 6:54 PM, comtemplate said:

yeah so that's a bit sobering ! Although if I'm honest it would feel unnatural to go to a convention with thousands of people there in attendance I'd be fearful that the event would be a super spreader.  Imagine the uneasiness we'd feel going back 

I can see that this could be a complete change for us, who knows this could be a segway right into the GT.   

Exactly... still maybe with Codiv passes and or temperature taking at all the entrances and "track and tracking" for after the conventions it might be possible.  I think international assemblies are a thing of the past, but I suppose if the brothers can implement the government measures effectively an assembly or even a convention might be possible, filmed and transmitted for those that cannot attend because they are unvaccinated, Codjv positive or simply unwell.

Edited by sunshine