JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Coronavirus: Six years predicted for world to become COVID-safe

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1186 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It’s interesting he said there’ll definitely be another pandemic, mainly due to our global travel and infringement on wild habitat.  All of the previous pandemics of the past century are due to that, and this one just managed to be a more highly transmissible strain, unfortunately.

The doctor hails the new mRNA vaccines as they can easily be adaptable for the newer strains within weeks, whereas the traditional vaccines such as AstraZeneca may take 6 mths to adapt to the new strains. Our hope, thankfully, is in Jehovah’s solution.

2 hours ago, Dages said:

No special convention before 2023 anyway... 

Maranatha...

Most likely no conventions or assemblies before 2023, plus I read that 30 percent people in USA will not take the shot too. This will make alot harder to open up for meetings in the near future.

If it's going to take 6 years, the better term is never. I certainly hope the new system will come before these 6 years are over. I know, right now, we're more concerned about the effects of the virus, because according the numbers, it looks like more people are dying of it than who are dying of the repercussions from the government actions as a result of the virus. That trend is not going to last indefinitely. Soon, we will have a vaccine that will be distributed to the general public, a vaccine, which, by the way, was considered 95% effective when released (I feel like most people forgot that when being told "if you get the vaccine you still might get the virus and spread it" [I mean, yeah, there was a 5% chance with the vaccine, that's what 95% effective means]).
Even with the new strains that are speculated to be out there, the vaccine is stated to be effective, at least for now.  Exactly why nothing will change after the vaccine is distributed to the public is beyond me, but that's not the point I'm making. When the vaccines are available, we'll likely see a huge drop in seeing people get sick and dying of the virus. The virus won't affect our day to day life as much as it did previously, but the continued and persistent lockdowns will.

Last year, according to Yelp, over 100,000 small businesses were destroyed in the US alone. Now that Biden raised the minimum wage, while it might make things a little nicer for some people, is projected to eliminate over 1 million jobs, which will exacerbate the effects of small business losses. I have no opinion on his actions, I'm only saying that the time in which this is happening is only going to accelerate the job loss and the inevitable hyperinflation that's coming. I believe if all this persists for another year or more, we're going to very likely face an economic collapse that could make the great depression look like the gilded age. 

I just hope we're all prepared for what will come if the new system does not come next year. I often wondered if when in Ezekiel, it said people would be throwing money in the streets if that would be a literal thing or because their money would not save the wicked from Armaggedon, but it's looking like it's going to be both. I admit that I'm nervous, but I've experience poverty, and having nothing in the cupboard. I know some friends who have  always been comfortable, have always had a nice house in the suburbs, always had a new automobile every few years, and from what I'm seeing, it's looking like everyone is going to be poor. We're going to experience a level of poverty, that I'm convinced some people never believed they'd ever face, or can even imagine. Most of us who have never experienced going to bed hungry, may end up only eating 1 meal or no meals some days. I absolutely believe, give it another year, it could very well get that bad. Of course, it might not. I just know the US, which is still the relative GDP leader, has printed 22% of the money that's ever circulated was printed in 2020, and it's not stopping. Biden's gotten so executive order happy, the US government is still spending like a noveau riche wife who just got hold of her husband's credit card.

It's easy right now to be more afraid of the virus than of what's coming, and I say we shouldn't be needlessly afraid of either. Yes, we should be cautious and not take a casual attitude. We should still be somewhat cautious, at least until this vaccine, is readily available. When that happens, people are going to see the virus as the absolute least of our problems. It's something I think about, because do I have the faith that Jehovah will really take care of us, even though that might mean we might do without a LOT of things we're not used to doing without?

Edited by Katty

5 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Most likely no conventions or assemblies before 2023, plus I read that 30 percent people in USA will not take the shot too. This will make alot harder to open up for meetings in the near future.

It needs an 82% uptake of the Pfizer vaccine to be effective from what I have read. 

yeah so that's a bit sobering ! Although if I'm honest it would feel unnatural to go to a convention with thousands of people there in attendance I'd be fearful that the event would be a super spreader.  Imagine the uneasiness we'd feel going back 

I can see that this could be a complete change for us, who knows this could be a segway right into the GT.   

Regardless of the impact this virus has on the economy - we have to keep a couple things in mind. The last world power in Bible prophesy is the Anglo-American one ... the US and UK will not fall to the point they cannot continue to operate. They will still be complete when the end comes.

Luke 17:26-28 reminds us "just as it occurred in the days of Noah, so it will be in the days of the Son of man: 27they were eating, they were drinking, men were marrying, women were being given in marriage until that day when Noah entered into the ark, and the Flood came and destroyed them all. 28 Likewise, just as it occurred in the days of Lot: they were eating, they were drinking, they were buying, they were selling, they were planting, they were building. " - So we should not expect the world to wind down to a stop before the end comes. The entire world will not be in abject poverty or people would/could not be getting married, eating, drinking and building.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

3 hours ago, Qapla said:

Regardless of the impact this virus has on the economy - we have to keep a couple things in mind. The last world power in Bible prophesy is the Anglo-American one ... the US and UK will not fall to the point they cannot continue to operate. They will still be complete when the end comes.

Luke 17:26-28 reminds us "just as it occurred in the days of Noah, so it will be in the days of the Son of man: 27they were eating, they were drinking, men were marrying, women were being given in marriage until that day when Noah entered into the ark, and the Flood came and destroyed them all. 28 Likewise, just as it occurred in the days of Lot: they were eating, they were drinking, they were buying, they were selling, they were planting, they were building. " - So we should not expect the world to wind down to a stop before the end comes. The entire world will not be in abject poverty or people would/could not be getting married, eating, drinking and building.

But that section of scripture also had a fulfillment in the first century.  And Jerusalem certainly did experience a lot of poverty - if there was a time when people took no note in Jerusalem because they were busy going about their day to day lives, it was before the Christians had fled, before the great tribulation.  But then there was indeed an end to their casual eating and drinking and building - still not for the right reason, but still, Jesus application of Noah's example could logically only apply to the time leading up to the tribulation.

On 2/11/2021 at 10:24 AM, Dages said:

No special convention before 2023 anyway... 

Maranatha...

and I believe no "getting back to normal" either

18 hours ago, sunshine said:

I don't think we will ever get back to previous life this side of Armageddon... that will make our first post-Armageddon assembly all the sweeter!

I agree

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

I study Coronavirus for almost 27 years. My academic formation is veterinarian medicine. I know coronaviruses very well.

Many is been written and much of it its false. The World needs to feel secure again, to proclaim SECURITY they trust on vaccines.

Vaccines subcutaneous have 2 troubles: can cause troubles; they dont avoid transmission, only suposed to avoid severe covid.

The best vaccines for this should be developed intra nasal, that way transmission could be more contained.So we need to keep on masks and avoiding social contact.

What about the virus mutations? well, SARS is trying to avoid to be killed, the more things developed to kill it the more he ajust to avoid it´s disapearing.

The main protection against SARS lies upon CD4+ CD8+ T-memory cells. They fight the virus when it arrives to mucosae. Then if all goes well, these cells destroy some epitope parts of the genome, desintegrating the virus.

If the immune response is worse, then the monocytes are elicited and produce antibodies and citokines that can destroy the person´s body as well.

The mutations so far seen, are the answer from the virus to avoid this.

Mutations with deletions are good. If many deletions apear, the virus cannot multiply again, cannot reassemble again due to lack of information on genome to produce specific important proteins

Important to note that the first SARS in 2004 developed severe deletions/mutations at portion ORF7 at it´s genome (one of the most important epitopes for the celular response) and the disease stopped abruptly. The virus couldnt multiply anymore.

I believe only Jehovah can end this pandemic. In it´s proper time.

This can stop suddendly! there are reasons to believe it´s possible. Humans cant do it, vaccines cant do it. Not stop completly. But Jehovah can stop it when he wants for his purpose fullfillment. This is my believe.

If any of you have questions about COVID 19 ask me please, I gladly answer if there´s anwer possible.

All we have to do it´s to keep safe, obey the SLAVE and do what our God wants us to do. 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 2/11/2021 at 5:19 AM, New World Explorer said:

I was listening to this, and 6 years sounds long :whistling:

What do you think? - see the video. 

In our TV they are saying 10 years 🙄

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

I believe only Jehovah can end this pandemic. In it´s proper time.

This can stop suddendly! there are reasons to believe it´s possible. Humans cant do it, vaccines cant do it. Not stop completly. But Jehovah can stop it when he wants for his purpose fullfillment. This is my believe.

If any of you have questions about COVID 19 ask me please, I gladly answer if there´s anwer possible.

All we have to do it´s to keep safe, obey the SLAVE and do what our God wants us to do. 

so it means that this virus will exist right through the great tribulation. 

Unless those days are cut short, no flesh will be saved. ---mathew. 

2 hours ago, JennyM said:

it means that this virus will exist right through the great tribulation. 

I don’t believe that

i strong believe it will end before the GT

my belief as a science student and Bible student

but only Jehovah knows 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
we must obey GB and keep on the watch

4 hours ago, JennyM said:

so it means that this virus will exist right through the great tribulation. 

Just like all the other viruses out there. 

2 hours ago, Sofia said:

I don’t believe that

i strong believe it will end before the GT

The pandemic might end, but the virus will still exist.  Just like the Spanish Flu virus still exists. 

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

The pandemic might end, but the virus will still exist.  Just like the Spanish Flu virus still exists. 

Exactly 

for instance:

sars from 2004 still exists 

Only does not cause any pandemic now

We have "enjoyed" a relative long break from the virus, but suddenly UK variant got to Melbourne and we are in lockdown again.... 

This virus is like a boomerang ...keeps coming back! :facepalmpo2:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

On 2/11/2021 at 7:12 AM, Katty said:

I just hope we're all prepared for what will come if the new system does not come next year. I often wondered if when in Ezekiel, it said people would be throwing money in the streets if that would be a literal thing or because their money would not save the wicked from Armaggedon, but it's looking like it's going to be both. I admit that I'm nervous, but I've experience poverty, and having nothing in the cupboard. I know some friends who have  always been comfortable, have always had a nice house in the suburbs, always had a new automobile every few years, and from what I'm seeing, it's looking like everyone is going to be poor. We're going to experience a level of poverty, that I'm convinced some people never believed they'd ever face, or can even imagine. Most of us who have never experienced going to bed hungry, may end up only eating 1 meal or no meals some days. I absolutely believe, give it another year, it could very well get that bad. Of course, it might not. I just know the US, which is still the relative GDP leader, has printed 22% of the money that's ever circulated was printed in 2020, and it's not stopping. Biden's gotten so executive order happy, the US government is still spending like a noveau riche wife who just got hold of her husband's credit card.

2 thoughts here:

1. as to the Ezekiel account - remember what this was talking about:

(Read Ezekiel 7:19-21.) Jehovah says: “They will throw their silver into the streets.” That statement regarding the inhabitants of ancient Jerusalem also vividly illustrates what will take place during the great tribulation. At that time, people will realize that money cannot save them from the coming calamity.

18. What lesson about setting priorities can we draw from Ezekiel’s prophecy?

18 Do you discern a lesson for us in this part of Ezekiel’s prophecy? It is about the need to set the right priorities. Consider this: Only after the inhabitants of Jerusalem understood that the end of their city and their life was upon them and that material goods could not save them, only after that did they drastically change their priorities. They threw their possessions away and began to “seek a vision from a prophet”—but their change came too late. (Ezek. 7:26) In contrast, we are already fully aware that the end of this wicked world is upon us. Therefore, our faith in God’s promises has moved us to set the right priorities in life. As a result, we are busy pursuing spiritual riches, which have lasting value and will never be thrown “into the streets.”—Read Matthew 6:19-21, 24.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102017166

2. YES! Many have NEVER experienced poverty and I 100% agree it will be tougher on those who think they will live in their homes unharmed right up until the end. No scriptures says, "God's people wont have to experience hardships". Instead - they say quite the opposite don't they. We do need to be prepared to HAVE to FULLY rely on our God Jehovah. As noted inthe above paragraph 18 "set the right priorities in life. As a result, we are busy pursuing spiritual riches, which have lasting value and will never be thrown “into the streets.”—Read Matthew 6:19-21, 24."

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....