JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting - May 2021

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1103 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

20 minutes ago, Paulo said:

How did you come to the conclusion that China could alone be the KOtN?

The FDS identified the KOtN as "Russia and its allies" and China is one of those allies.

I was just responding to some earlier comments saying what if China became the King of the North. I don’t think it’s possible at all. 

Edited by Mykyl

19 minutes ago, halfspanishlee said:

I did a little experiment today as I really wanted to see what it was like being in the Russian bros and sisters shoes and to feel empathy for them so I put away my spiritual food both physical and digital including my phone had the TV off and then pretended to be in a actual jail cell with just my thoughts and a pen and paper and just laying there on the bed all I did was look at four walls sings songs to jehovah and remembering bible verses I even wrote letters one from bros to me than one from me I did it for an hour but that hour felt the longest of my life and the room is small so it helped 😂😊

It´s quite a challenge to show empathy for those brothers and sisters persecuted and jailed 😢

We must pray much for them.

They do and they rely upon Jehovah totally

In one experience on the BC the brother was so beaten up he prayed to Jehovah and after a while he felt no more pain.

It´s IMPOSSIBLE to imagine or even endure this without Jehovah´s Holy Spirit 😉

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

9 minutes ago, Sofia said:

It´s quite a challenge to show empathy for those brothers and sisters persecuted and jailed 😢

We must pray much for them.

They do and they rely upon Jehovah totally

In one experience on the BC the brother was so beaten up he prayed to Jehovah and after a while he felt no more pain.

It´s IMPOSSIBLE to imagine or even endure this without Jehovah´s Holy Spirit 😉

Yeah I can't impossibley imagine what's like without relying on jehovah that's all I can do really

8 hours ago, jwhess said:

I find that not all in my group understand the relationship and difference in Gog and the UN (even the Kings). 

Not only in your group of course. But the quotes you have selected in your post are very useful. Presumably, your group will be the first port of call?

23 minutes ago, Eejay said:

There is quite a range of opinion on who are constituted as Russia's "Allies"

https://icds.ee/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/ICDS_Report_Russia__s_Allies_Kalev_Stoicescu_January_2018_web.pdf

To resume it, and from my notes, mostly raw text.

Legally binding agreements bellow means militar mutual defense.

Countries with legally binding agreements:
(CSTO)
Russian Federation
Armenia
Kazakhstan
Kyrgyzstan
Tajikistan
Uzbekistan
Azerbaijan
Georgia
Belarus

self-proclaimed republics (recognized by only five UN members) legally binding agreements
Abkhazia
South Ossetia

Partners, no legally binding agreement.

Syria

China

Iran

About the Russia/China partnership:

Referred to as Russian alli, with no official agreement.
China (Peskov called China an ally) (Our countries are getting closer but [a full-scale] military and political alliance is impossible. Russia doesn’t want to be China’s junior partner and we can’t be a senior one. Now, things are good just the way they are.”, Sergey Karaganov)

About the Russia/Syria partnership:

Referred to as Russian ally, with no official agreement.

Syria (Of course, Syria is our ally, Peskov)

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

6 hours ago, Hinata said:

Around when we studied this was when there was 2020 Regional Convention in July-August. So many brothers did not get to fully study this article thoroughly. (I guess Brother @jwhess doesn’t remember because of this?) I wonder if the articles for 2021 July-August were written in mind that it would be a shortened discussion worldwide.

I remembered the subject being studied with a timeline. but I have failing eyesight.  I was watching the broadcast in my living room on the regular TV. So when the video displayed a section of chart, I was sitting many feet away on the couch.  I would get up and try to get closer to see what was displayed.  Before I could get focused on some detail, the screen would change.  I would ask my wife to pause the presentation and "back-up" tp some feature..

It is discouraging to get old.  I did not want my wife to have her interest in the discussion slowed by my constantly backing up.  So I let it go.  I will go over it again on my computer "up close and personal". I thought (hoped?) that the chart or timeline might have been "enhanced" or updated to be used in another magazine or brochure.  Just wishful thinking...♥️

1 minute ago, jwhess said:

I remembered the subject being studied with a timeline

I’m very sorry and sincerely apologise if that comment made you feel about that. There are many old sisters in our congregation. They are the ones most active and wise ones participating in the discussion and in the ministry. I want to understand their circumstances even though I am only about 20 years old.

3 minutes ago, Hinata said:

I’m very sorry and sincerely apologise if that comment made you feel about that. There are many old sisters in our congregation. They are the ones most active and wise ones participating in the discussion and in the ministry. I want to understand their circumstances even though I am only about 20 years old.

Do not be concerned.  I have a great memory just bad eyesight.  Unfortunately it is getting worse.  And I love to read. So I hope for an early time for the GT (even though my comments caution against reading too much into any single event). No apology necessary, you are a treasured member of the group...♥️

39 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I remembered the subject being studied with a timeline. but I have failing eyesight.  I was watching the broadcast in my living room on the regular TV. So when the video displayed a section of chart, I was sitting many feet away on the couch.  I would get up and try to get closer to see what was displayed.  Before I could get focused on some detail, the screen would change.  I would ask my wife to pause the presentation and "back-up" tp some feature..

It is discouraging to get old.  I did not want my wife to have her interest in the discussion slowed by my constantly backing up.  So I let it go.  I will go over it again on my computer "up close and personal". I thought (hoped?) that the chart or timeline might have been "enhanced" or updated to be used in another magazine or brochure.  Just wishful thinking...♥️

I have printed it in 2  x A3 size posters back in 2020 to be able to read it properly. How I understand you Brother John...

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

9 hours ago, Paulo said:

there is an effective silent war for control for resources, and the KOtS is loosing.

China in effect controls most of the treasures under and above our feets. It includes not only gold and silver but also oil and other minerals unknown to Daniel like rare earth minerals. 

Also utilities like water and energy production and distribution belong to China, including in countries that are close allies of the KOtS. There is a strong fierce and not so silent war for the control of resources in Africa and in the Middle East 

But also in North America now there is a silent war between US and China for control of one of the land's resources. 

In addition to all of that   .    China is the largest creditor for KOtS debt.

6 hours ago, Mykyl said:

As usual I may be missing something. I always thought the king of the north was known by what he was doing to Jehovah’s people. Not by how big or powerful he was. 

It would be nice to have a flow-chart to understand the subtleties

The designations of "North" and "South" were geographical references in relation to natural Israel.

We still use the titles KOtN and KOtS, but it is no longer a geographical reference because Jehovah's worshippers are everywhere.

As I understand it, the two kings would have a rivalry between themselves. But that didn't necessarily involve Jehovah's people, meaning how we were being treated by either one.

There would be no KOtN or KOtS if there was no discernable, organized true worshippers. Thus from the 2nd century until the 19th century we don't attempt to identify these two rival powers.

We know the KOtN "entered into the land of Decoration", but didn't the KOtS also enter into the land of Decoration when the nine brothers from HQ were imprisoned?

1 hour ago, sunshine said:

Amazing, amazing Broadcast...I cried, I laughed ... I took notes that I will not understand in the morning (kidding)... 

Do we have any Russian speakers that can write the lyrics of the RUSSIAN 🎵  phonetically?  I would like ro learn how to sing it - at least the chorus...

You can enter this in Google Translate, it will add non cyrillic under it (careful "o" sounds like "a" sometimes)

7 minutes ago, Doug said:

We know the KOtN "entered into the land of Decoration", but didn't the KOtS also enter into the land of Decoration when the nine brothers from HQ were imprisoned?

Well, Jehovah was aware of future developments when inspiring prophecies, yet he focused solely on activities of KOTN when it comes to the land of decoration. So there you go, this is what we have recorded in the Bible.

Long term KOTS gave God’s people “shelter” so our preaching work could go on worldwide. The event you’re referring to, did not disrupt spiritual realm long term. Maybe that’s the reason Jehovah singled out KOTN as the one entering the land of decoration. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

44 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I just sat down and copied all the pages, printed them and attached them together as a mural (horizontal poster.  Unfortunately, the copying and enlarging them did not improve the print readability.  I still use my magnifying glass...😎

king1.jpg

I did the same bro John!!!!:lol1: But Im so sorry you stillneed help to see. Soon in the paradise your problem will be sorted out, just have faith 😉 

The BC for me brought up was really important information.

As we can see on the video, the GB reassured now that the fullfillment of these words was in 1945, and NOT 1919: 

Dan. 11:31 And arms* will stand up, proceeding from him; and they will profane the sanctuary,+ the fortress, and remove the constant feature.*+

“And they will put in place the disgusting thing that causes desolation.

Why? because all the prophecy "advanced a few years".

Besides, in 1919 the disgusting thing created DID NOT CAUSE any desolation. "nations league"

But the UN, created in 1945, will. Will desolate BTG.

This is really important because Daniel 12:11 mentions this again as the begining of the 1290 days counting. Before the understanding was 1919, but now it needs to be reajusted for 1945. I think the whole chapter of Daniel 12 needs readjustments...

We just have to be patient and wait for them 😉

In 1945 the 1290 days period of time starts . This was talked on an older thread here at forum :)

16 minutes ago, Sofia said:

the GB reassured now that the fullfillment of these words was in 1945, and NOT 1919: 

Referencing the "disgusting thing" to the UN is not new. It has been viewed as such for many decades. What was noticeable is that there was again nothing in the presentation to tie in the League of Nations as a forerunner sharing the description. Although mentioned in the 2020 WT chart, it didn't figure in the narrative there either. Whether this has any significance and, if so, how it might impact on other areas of prophecy both in Daniel and Revelation is definitely in the W.A.S. category.