JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 735 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

18 hours ago, AH173 said:

Thank you Bob and all the staff for helping me feel connected to our loving global brotherhood! 

So grateful for being informed of this site from meekspace website many years ago. 

Agape 

I share these thought ,too. I found meekspace when I needed help starting with files for my iPhone, brothers were so helpful, now I treasure all my dear brothers and sister on this wonderful site.  Love our brotherhood,

3 hours ago, momma said:

I share these thought ,too. I found meekspace when I needed help starting with files for my iPhone, brothers were so helpful, now I treasure all my dear brothers and sister on this wonderful site.  Love our brotherhood,

Yes this forum has really been a blessing for me as well, I have met the kindest brotherhood ever.  Thanks to the Moderators and all for such a wonderful platform where we can meet and chat and learn in peace.   You all have really helped me spiritually.  Agape 

3 hours ago, momma said:

This thread feels like when we would sign the yearbook at the end of school  .   .    :givehug:  lol

Going on 9 years for me.  Words fail me  .   .   I don't know how I would have managed without you brothers and sisters.  You are the BEST !

a poem:    Welcome to the Forum

We make you feel at home

Don't be shy, make a splash

We love to watch you grow.

Disagree? It's alright

It makes us love you more.

Breaking news, you'll find it here

But not when GT will start.

You're in the family, we like to say

Enjoy us and we will enjoy you

And please, please stay!

What have I learned?   Don't be afraid to start a new topic.  When commenting, try to be brief, relevant  and/or  funny  :lol1:

What goals do I have?   Learn how to attach a link.   (A video tutorial would be cool , jus sayin')

I joined in 2010. I found the site while looking for something - I can't even remember. I was at a desk job doing accounting and yet one more budget transfer and checking yet another spreadsheet and was totally bored! The 2008 crash had me moved from doing fire prevention inspections at businesses throughout the City to sitting in a cubicle making one key click and mouse move after the next. JWTalk was a life saver - as many of you know what I mean.

I was skeptical at first, but what I could see and read it seemed legit. I hesitantly joined to see if that would change - you know, the subtle apostate attack. And to my amazement it did change, but for the better. The spiritual interchange was wonderful. I got to see so many more sides of so many more spiritual thoughts than I could have imagined. I have since moved back to inspections - with less time, but still thoroughly enjoying the site.

And then there is all of you and many who have come and gone over the years. Each one of my brothers and sisters, mother's and father's, etc. It's true what Jesus said - I will give you more than 100 times of any you've lost (Mark 10:30). I think he add "with persecutions" but that has never been from His gifts of you. Instead, you gifts have been what has helped with even those.

Thank you to all of you for giving a once bored man much thought, entertainment and friendship!

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

JWTalk.net has proved to be a superb gift for me. So instrumental to my joy today that I've got only four words for "whoever" it's the brainchild of: "May you be blessed!"

And to all the moderators, "You are so beautiful!" 💌

You are accomplishing more than you can ever imagine. 🙏

On 9/9/2021 at 12:41 PM, Doug said:

This thread feels like when we would sign the yearbook at the end of school  .   .    :givehug:  lol

Going on 9 years for me.  Words fail me  .   .   I don't know how I would have managed without you brothers and sisters.  You are the BEST !

a poem:    Welcome to the Forum

We make you feel at home

Don't be shy, make a splash

We love to watch you grow.

Disagree? It's alright

It makes us love you more.

Breaking news, you'll find it here

But not when GT will start.

You're in the family, we like to say

Enjoy us and we will enjoy you

And please, please stay!

What have I learned?   Don't be afraid to start a new topic.  When commenting, try to be brief, relevant  and/or  funny  :lol1:

What goals do I have?   Learn how to attach a link.   (A video tutorial would be cool , jus sayin')

I joined 9 yrs ago as well my brother and I love it here~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All of You expressed my feelings of thanks so well.  So I will simply just give you,  brother Bob and all the moderators my heartfelt THANKS!!!

Gracias Thank You GIF

Edited by WilliamChew

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

I joined jwtalk at the time I was really down struggling with depression. Unknown to them, the brothers here really helped me out of that path through their comments and experiences. sometimes I would log in just to drift my mind from negative thoughts. 
Am now very well. 
Thank you brothers🙏🙏

On 9/7/2021 at 8:44 PM, Dismal_Bliss said:

Then, a previous JW Forum was taken offline and so we made the effort to invite those abandoned forum refugees to join over here instead

I was one of those 'abandoned' refugees.

I had recently been reinstated and was searching for anything that I could find that would be Jehovah centric and upbuilding and educational.

I joined several different forums, the Yahoo 'Religion' forum was interesting but had too many apostates attacking the Witnesses so, while fun, it also wasnt good association.

I joined the original JWTalks, which was a repository of JW talks and other various recordings.

That was a pretty nice place to listen to the recorded assembly or convention parts, I liked that. When that forum broke up it caught me by surprise.

One day, being not too good at computers and not knowing how to save a site link, I would just search 'jwtalks', I got Bobs site instead of Steves.

I joined....and, as they say, the rest is history.

I remember with fondness all the early members. I miss the ones that are gone, I enjoy all of you that are here....and, just in case I haven't said it in a while;

I love this place!

Thanks to Bob and all the rest of you that make this house what it is, a nice warm and cozy refuge in a world gone bad...

I look forward to meeting all of you someday....:bouncing::)-D

19 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

I look forward to meeting all of you someday....

We've met! I feel I have known you all my life!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

We've met! I feel I have known you all my life!

1 hour ago, tekmantwo said:

Lucky you!...

I would have said " How fortunate" Especially since Tekmantwo is turtle's older brother. 🐢:wheelchair::blues-bros

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

21 minutes ago, pnutts said:

I would have said " How fortunate" Especially since Tekmantwo is turtle's older brother. 🐢:wheelchair::blues-bros

And 'California momma' is our senior sister....and our younger sister is a member too....

Edited by tekmantwo

32 minutes ago, ship said:

I just joined JWTalk.net though, I appreciate all moderator's efforts to keep community wholesome. Thank you so much!

Congratulations on your first post! You are so welcome here!

Now, post a few more comments and other tidbits; we'd like to get to know you.

post-1993-0-43791000-1426703504.gif

post-1993-0-56640700-1433201290.gif

post-1993-0-97964200-1433201413.gif

to JWTalk!

1 hour ago, ship said:

I just joined JWTalk.net though, I appreciate all moderator's efforts to keep community wholesome. Thank you so much!

So glad to have you here. Look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

1 hour ago, ship said:

Welcome aboard! I hope you will feel close to our worldwide brotherhood and through an interchange of encouragement we'll all be driven to serve Jehovah more fully :)

:welcome:

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

On Wed Sep 15 2021 at 3:25 AM, ship said:

Its great to have you around Brother Shim,welcome to home away from home.

hows mount Fuji?

im not a great fan of mountains but since you live next to a very famous one,im hoping you can share thrilling experiences.

Ive been hearing about mount fuji as early as in geography class in secondary school.how does it feel like living just next to it?

I joined the JWTalk in August 2015.

I would like to thank all the moderators for their efforts to keep this a clean place where brothers and sisters can "meet" and have a good time.

@Astrid: Thank you so much for telling me about the forum 6 years ago! Through JWTalk I could "open my heart wide" (2 Corinthians 6:13) and I have met some of my best friends here :wub::flowers:

Chrissy :wave:

• 2 weeks later...

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)