JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

BREAKING NEWS | Two New Members of the Governing Body

44 minutes ago, Hope said:

but there is something to be said for being able to speak from experience, isn't there?

I understand what you are saying, its nice that brother Jackson was a missionary in Fiji, it really helps...😁

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, Hope said:

Background informs viewpoint... and oftentimes, empathy. It's not quite the same as a never-married brother giving talks/counsel about marriage & children or weighing in on issues peculiar to sisters... but it's a bit like that.  You appreciate that the information is ultimately from Jehovah and certainly take it in as such - with much appreciation, but there is something to be said for being able to speak from experience, isn't there?

I don't know how things are nowadays , but when I was in West Africa doing construction, the Branch Committee brothers were mostly white.  I might go as far as saying I think there was one local brother on each Branch Committee.

There are times when the Branch office needs to deal with government officials, and it works better when it's a local.

A brother told me that the organization has been accused of "Anglicisation" in Africa.  Branch Committee brothers were mostly American and European missionaries.  The world probably viewed it similar to Christendom's missionaries.

But that was 35 years ago.

Governing Body is a passing arrangement here on earth.

Eventually they all end up in heaven, where race does no matter at all. 

They are assigned to feed us spiritually and as long they are fit for this assignment nothing else matters. 

I would not care if GB was entirely made up of Egyptians for that matter. 

As long as Jesus our King can dispense food and direction we need, there is no need to racial representation on GB

Jehovah looks beyond that. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

6 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Governing Body is a passing arrangement here on earth.

Eventually they all end up in heaven, where race does no matter at all. 

They are assigned to feed us spiritually and as long they are fit for this assignment nothing else matters. 

I would not care if GB was entirely made up of Egyptians for that matter. 

As long as Jesus our King can dispense food and direction we need, there is no need to racial representation on GB

Jehovah looks beyond that. 

Agreed. It is nice to see a wide variety of life experience in the GB, the Helpers, the Branch Committees and all the brothers and sisters that help contribute to the information that we receive. The organization is very diverse. I appreciate how the videos and songs will come from different areas of the world so we can enjoy the full flavor of the organization. The GB doesn't need to be diversified for us to enjoy the wide range of diversity in the organization.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

14 hours ago, Doug said:

Branch Committee brothers were mostly white. 

I remember back in the 70s when it seemed that all of the District Overseers and Circuit Overseers in our area were Italian. :lol1:

12 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Side point.  Did you ever have Anthony Laguna?

I don't think so, that doesn't sound familiar.

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I remember back in the 70s when it seemed that all of the District Overseers and Circuit Overseers in our area were Italian. :lol1:

For the past decade we had CO's from Denmark, Lebanon and Malta. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I'm happy we've had a couple of interracially married CO couples here in my area. I know most here won't understand but it warmed my heart to NO end.  ❤️ 

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

From Italy???

On 1/24/2023 at 2:57 AM, Dages said:

Race should not matter on Earth either. We are one family.

True.. but it does matter.  For some, very much more than for others because of the effects they experience.  Even our brothers and sisters feel it - especially our men.  It's definitely good to be one family, though.

4 hours ago, Loyal said:

Race issues became a political issue  in Jehovah 's organization we are all equal brothers and sisters without distinction 

I did have to read this post several times to understand it correctly - at least I hope I got it right. Without proper/any punctuation, it can be a little difficult, at times, to decipher some comments.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

5 hours ago, Qapla said:

Eu tive que ler este post várias vezes para entendê-lo corretamente - pelo menos espero ter entendido direito. Sem pontuação adequada/qualquer pontuação, pode ser um pouco difícil, às vezes, decifrar alguns comentários.

I don't speak English and if I write in Portuguese I'm criticized so have empathy!

You can use "DeepL" to translate properly your message : 

"IN JEHOVAH'S ORGANIZATION RACE DOES NOT MATTER, RACISM IS FOR THE WORLDLY, WE ARE ALL EQUAL AND RACISM IS A POLITICAL ISSUE, IT IS ONLY GOOD TO CAUSE DISCORD AND DIVISION!"

(also, you may want to avoid WRITING LIKE THIS, it's better to write normally)

Just now, Dages said:

Você pode usar "DeepL" para traduzir corretamente sua mensagem: 

"NA ORGANIZAÇÃO DE JEOVÁ NÃO IMPORTA A RAÇA, O RACISMO É PARA O MUNDO, SOMOS TODOS IGUAIS E O RACISMO É UMA QUESTÃO POLÍTICA, SÓ É BOM CAUSAR DISCÓNDIA E DIVISÃO!"

(também, você pode querer evitar ESCREVER ASSIM, é melhor escrever normalmente)

I use Google Translate I have difficulties using other translators, oh the big font was because I wrote without translation not because I was nervous , I am going to try Thanks 

5 minutes ago, Loyal said:

I use Google Translate I have difficulties using other translators, oh the big font was because I wrote without translation not because I was nervous , I am going to try Thanks 

DeepL is the best of the industry for now, it's free and very good. :D 
Also, don't forget the punctuation, it's important.

2 hours ago, Loyal said:

I don't speak English and if I write in Portuguese I'm criticized so have empathy!

No problem. I fully understand and I'm sure I would have similar problems if I were trying to write a post in a language other than English (although I have posed in Klingon)

With the translation posted above by @Dagesit looks like I did understand your post correctly.

Thanks

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

16 hours ago, Dages said:

DeepL is the best of the industry for now, it's free and very good. :D 
Also, don't forget the punctuation, it's important.

Thank you for the tip about DeepL!!!! Yeeehaaw!

Matthew 6:22 - The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is clear*, your whole body will be full of light*. 

(*footnote)