JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting for May 2017

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2488 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

17 hours ago, egapevets said:

Who else is checking their App Store every couple of hours...you know, just to make sure auto update doesn't miss it!

I know the friends here will be talking about it as soon as it's out so I'll just wait patiently till I see a thread post, "new library APP available"... 

On 5/1/2017 at 6:52 PM, Sheep said:

The new song this month is entitled I Keep Your Reminders. An mp3 version of it can be found among my collection of original songs.

Enjoy...! :)

Woww! Are my priorities ever mixed up! As soon as I downloaded the broadcast I busily got to work on converting the new song to mp3 format so you would have it to listen to on your phone. Would you believe it's only now, four days later, that I finally got around to actually watching the broadcast? (I've got to work on that.)

So this means I finally got to actually see the video of the song! What I noticed now is that the sister who is at the center of the video is singing (or lip-syncing) to the music. I don't think I've ever seen that done before in one of our music videos.

(How many other monthly broadcasts haven't I watched yet?)

590b9c2177a8a_IKeepYourReminders.thumb.JPG.2d035552dce6afc6467b94ee88ff7e7c.JPG

To all, in this notes feature of JWLibrary, I am hoping to lessen burden in conducting bible studies. The scenario actually feels like this whenever I dont prepare

Bible study: Amen

Publisher: Where are we again?

Bible study: ...

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

On 5/2/2017 at 8:07 AM, Intercore said:

What's your thoughts about the new song? I remember sister @Hope said that he wants some other style melodies :D -_- So, it's really different. So bluesy/jazzy melody!

I like it.  I like that it's an older single sister instead of the usual teeny boppers distressed over association.

I wonder if that was actually her singing..?

23 hours ago, Hope said:

I wonder if that was actually her singing..?

It very likely is. I don't think they would substitute another sister in the place of the one actually singing. But using the same sister who sang to do the part in the video is more likely, even though she's lip-syncing her own voice. Just like worldly music videos. What a lovely voice though!

IgZpUU.png

This report reminds me of the interview a while back 

JWB >> VoD >> INTERVIEWS: Peter and Sue Schulz: A Trauma Can Be Overcome
tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/VODIntExpEndurance/pub-jwbiv_201603_2_VIDEO

I always find them a little hard to listen to as I get a little emotional, but  I also try to remember what they say and internalize the lessons... without being morose,  while we are living in this system any one of us may face similar situations.  May Jehovah help all going through trauma right now and help us all in the future turbulant times ahead.

Edited by sunshine

IgZpUU.png&key=b37035d931990627eace4ae1e77d2058cc3d9ed09ffbf8cf904b5fac65b9dc7d

This report reminds me of the interview a while back 

JWB >> VoD >> INTERVIEWS: Peter and Sue Schulz: A Trauma Can Be Overcome
tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/VODIntExpEndurance/pub-jwbiv_201603_2_VIDEO

I always find them a little hard to listen to as I get a little emotional, but  I also try to remember what they say and internalize the lessons... without being morose,  while we are living in this system any one of us may face similar situations.  May Jehovah help all going through trauma right now and help us all in the future turbulant times ahead.

Many times hearing that you're not alone going through some heavy stuff is just what you need to know. You're not singled out, you're not alone and you're not forgotten.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 2017-05-03 at 0:13 PM, WilliamChew said:

Here is the JWB May 2017 transcript

JWB May 2017 Transcript.pdf

Thank you my dear brother. This is the only way I can enjoy the broadcast. I never understand more than 25% of it. My hearing is so bad that I just cannot get it. Your transcript makes me be a part of it.

9 hours ago, inge said:

Thank you my dear brother. This is the only way I can enjoy the broadcast. I never understand more than 25% of it. My hearing is so bad that I just cannot get it. Your transcript makes me be a part of it.

Don't the subtitles in the broadcast help you while you're watching? I am hard of hearing too, although from your description it sounds like your hearing is worse than mine. I find the subtitles helpful in my case.

(I use VLC Media Player. You can turn on subtitles by right-clicking on the screen, select Subtitle, and then Sub Track.)

15 minutes ago, Sheep said:

subtitles

When I burn videos to disk ( dvd format ) it shows subtitles when using stand alone dvd/bluray player. From the computer - not enabled by default using VLC.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

The new song is available for download in the Audio section, but has a different file name from the other songs. It comes with the name osg_E_031. Will we have a new album?

You mean a pressed physical cd? I doubt it. You can make such a thing yourself, if you need it.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

14 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Você quer dizer um CD físico pressionado? Eu duvido. Você pode fazer isso sozinho, se você precisa.

Johan

Not a physical CD, but an album with a collection of other songs and other unpublished ones. This new one is number 031.