JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting for May 2017

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2459 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This thread is for the May Broadcast. All speculation and spoilers/trailers/pre-May images should be posted here.

Edited by Shawnster

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

20 hours ago, Alexa said:

To all, this means that one of the Governing Body will host for the broadcast, Im guessing it will be brother Geoffrey Jackson :)  

Nothing against the helpers and such who hosts programs, but I always prefer a GB member host since JWB is a spiritual food dispensary, and the primary role of the GB is to dispense food.

I do enjoy when helpers host, but I honestly get a little more enjoyment when its a member of the GB.

2 hours ago, Bob said:

Nothing against the helpers and such who hosts programs, but I always prefer a GB member host since JWB is a spiritual food dispensary, and the primary role of the GB is to dispense food.

I do enjoy when helpers host, but I honestly get a little more enjoyment when its a member of the GB.

I don't share the same opinion... In fact, 2 of my favorite programs where hosted by helpers, namely Ken Flodin (illustration using bread) and John Ekrann (illustration using a bicicle) 

I think you don't need to worry about the dispensed food since in reality the GB is responsible for every dispensed food, no matter the format (the helpers also write publications and magazine articles). If it were the case of only GB hosts, by the same reason, they should be the only actors in demonstrations and reenactments  also.. 

Besides, giving the opportunity for others to host show their humility

This reminds of what a brother and sister did some years ago (still do).  They stop reading and using in the ministry the Awake! magazine, only the Watchtower.  Why?  Because apparently the Watchtower is written by the Governing Body and the Awake is not.  What faulty reasoning that is. 

The GB are only men (at the moment).

1 hour ago, jayrtom said:

I don't share the same opinion... In fact, 2 of my favorite programs where hosted by helpers, namely Ken Flodin (illustration using bread) and John Ekrann (illustration using a bicicle) 

I think you don't need to worry about the dispensed food since in reality the GB is responsible for every dispensed food, no matter the format (the helpers also write publications and magazine articles). If it were the case of only GB hosts, by the same reason, they should be the only actors in demonstrations and reenactments  also.. 

Besides, giving the opportunity for others to host show their humility

You took what I said and ran with it.

I understand the point of them handing it off to helpers, but I was specifically speaking about the JWB talks only. You have your opinions, please allow me to have mines.

1 hour ago, Jonathan77 said:

This reminds of what a brother and sister did some years ago (still do).  They stop reading and using in the ministry the Awake! magazine, only the Watchtower.  Why?  Because apparently the Watchtower is written by the Governing Body and the Awake is not.  What faulty reasoning that is. 

Wow, how does preferring a GB member's talk on JWB compare to someone refusing to read and use the Awake in the ministry? I would appreciate it if you didn't take what I said to this extreme and compare it to "faulty reasoning".

Edited by Bob

I take it the decision was to move this thread to a "Public" forum AND to remove the "SPOILER" tag :shrugs:

Personally, public or private, I still like identifying it a "SPOILER" until it is posted to JWB - but, I will go along with whatever the Mods decide .....

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

7 hours ago, Bob said:

Wow, how does preferring a GB member's talk on JWB compare to someone refusing to read and use the Awake in the ministry? I would appreciate it if you didn't take what I said to this extreme and compare it to "faulty reasoning".

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was comparing you with them.  It just "reminded" me of that situation.

We'll pin this once the broadcast is up (as we have done for years). All should know prior to that - there is likely to be spoiler info in it.

Enjoy :wave:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2017 at 6:24 PM, Luis said:

I just get a HUGE kick out of brother Lett when he hosts.  My wife and I love him!  His facial expressions and huge gestures are so warm and sincere, and humorous.  

Huh!!! I have to keep reminding myself to focus on what he's saying not watching his facial expressions. I kinda lose  focus once in a while. 

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

11 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

I don't know why but I have been looking forward to this for ages.  It seems so long since April's JWB,  probably because so much has happened in the last month.  

Feeling like our JWB is banned :( sis terri

Edited by Alexa

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

On 2017-4-4 at 10:59 PM, Jonathan77 said:

Yea, this kind of reasoning is strange when in reality the GB write very little, if any, of the publications.

It is available as of 30 seconds ago. So far only on the Afrikaans language. More to follow!

Edit: It's such a shame that this language has audio on its own language. It would've been better if it was with subtitles :)

American Sign Language now available. It's on English.. good enough :D

Edited by And_Ray