JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting for May 2017

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2487 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It's not on JWB yet, which means that now that I have checked and reported that it isn't there...it will probably be there before I finish writing...:mellow:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Great to see the behind the scenes making of "Jehovah I Trust In You" and how they made a high quality movie while saving donated funds, while again, defying odds.

And again, another teaser trailer for our upcoming convention. Wow, do they really know how to educate us and keep the truth exciting!

I do appreciate your efforts, brother Andrej. A good thing is worth doing well. Your transcript is virtually unreadable. I would appreciate it if yours were edited like brother William's from Singapore. So, brother William, we're waiting for you, please.

I downloaded it and, other than needing some formatting, it looks quite readable to me.

This has given me an idea for my personal study/review of this months broadcast: I might format the text myself. While I'm doing that, I can take time to think over the points and how I can apply them. I might even add some of my own scripture references.

A broadcast about reminders!  I really hope my brain can keep remembering to remind me to recall these great points! :D

Those behind the scenes vids are very enlightening too!  We just don't realise how much work goes into delivering our rich spiritual banquet! Thank you brothers, and Thank you Jehovah!

On 01/05/2017 at 3:18 PM, Nnaemeka said:

I do appreciate your efforts, brother Andrej. A good thing is worth doing well. Your transcript is virtually unreadable. I would appreciate it if yours were edited like brother William's from Singapore. So, brother William, we're waiting for you, please.

Some of us like to have a transcript of the broadcasts. This entails extracting the subtitles, removing unwanted timing data,  and formatting the subtitles. A piece of software I've found invaluable for doing this task with minimal effort is 'Subtitle Edit'. Subtitle Edit is a free (open source) editor for video subtitles. Latest version is available here: Http://www.nikse.dk/

'Subtitle Edit' is a comprehensive subtitle editor. It can be daunting for a first user. Best way to get what you want in the way of formatted text is to:

• Load the video mp4 file into 'Subtitle Edit'.
  • Go to the File menu and select Export.
  • From the list that appears choose 'Plain Text...'.
  • This strips out all the timing and other unwanted data leaving you with just the text itself.
  • After saving you can open the text file in your favourite wordprocessor for fine tuning.

Another awesome production!

To see some of the programming brothers of JW library and notes are coming!

The trailer is great! 

Behind the scenes of 2016 Hezekiah video - wow! 

Thank you Jehovah! :thumbsup:

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Love this month`s JWB. Love the news about the JW Library! Love the style of the new song! Love the way our Brothers illustrated the way the MEPS works.

And the "talk-show" style the Brothers discussed about the JW Library updates!!!

Aaaaa... and the humble and funny way Brother Jackson presented the broadcasting!

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

Like everyone else, I've been looking forward to the note taking feature in JW Library. So, in between hourly checks of the App Store () I had a closer look at the video and have noticed that the notes list will show...

• highlighted text
• your notes
• multiple tags, and
• what looks like a thumbnail and link to the source material

I thank Jehovah, and the Brothers and Sisters involved in bringing us this, and I'm sure it's going to help us with our own personal study as well as out in Field Service.

Much appreciated, Brother Chew!!!

Got May's song's lyrics, thanks to you!!!:D

I Keep Your Reminders

JW Broadcasting – May 2017

What should I do?

Who should I look to?

This could just be harmless, could be respectable.

There may be no need for me to reject it all.

Oh, what is the right course for me?

Which path will it be?

What should I do?

Take which point of view?

It could be excessive, with many dangers there—

All the kinds of things that could prove to be a snare.

Oh, what is the right course for me?

Jehovah, give ear to my plea.

I keep your reminders, and I love them dearly.

I’ll treasure them every day, monthly, yearly.

All the things I have heard in accord with your Word, help me understand.

I know what’s required. I’d better inquire. I don’t want to act in a way to cause offense,

But it sounds like there likely would be consequence.

It’s clear what’s the right course for me —the key, the guarantee.

They strengthen my heart and help me to see clearly.

They strengthen my heart and help me to see clearly.

As I read day and night, my life fills up with light.

I’ve got you by my side as I think of your might.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

https://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-library/ 

I'm sure we will adapt and enjoy it (as apple users did equipd)

Coming Soon

• Ability to highlight text in the study pane

• Support for The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures–Study Edition

• Ability to make notes as you study

Edited by timpin