JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

2 hours ago, kejedo said:

My next favorite number is 1,000 - because written out in American English, it is the first number that uses the letter 'a'.

This is the reason it is possible for someone to talk continuously for 60 seconds and never use the letter "a" - all one has to do is count for 60 seconds ..... starting with "one"

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Our Creator's boundless creativity...

A Water Beetle's foot as seen through a laser microscope:

igor-1.jpg

A Dragon Bear:

igor_siwanowicz_macro_8.jpg

A 'Plushie' moth:

igor_siwanowicz_macro_7.jpg

And a Praying Mantis type with panache! 

igor_siwanowicz_macro_3.jpg

^_^

photos by : Igor Siwanowicz 

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2016/10/insect-microscopy-igor-siwanowicz/

http://amolife.com/image/animals/macro-photography-insects-and-small-animals-by-igor-siwanowicz.html

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

43 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

igor_siwanowicz_macro_8.jpg

Hmm...this looks more like Gorn's great grandson. 

And a Praying Mantis type with panache! 

igor_siwanowicz_macro_3.jpg

No doubt this mantis has been watching too many "Karate Kid" movies! :upsidedown:

Edited by Omoyeme

On 04/02/2018 at 8:39 PM, kejedo said:

The reason I am fond of the number 2 is that it is the only even prime number. Odd, isn't it?

My next favorite number is 1,000 - because written out in American English, it is the first number that uses the letter 'a'.  I don't have a picture for this comment. You could imagine it, pictorially, if so inclined. 

The 50th known Mersenne Prime was found recently.

https://www.mersenne.org/

I used to run computers 24/7 searching for huge primes. For a while I held the world record for the largest twin primes not of the form k*2^n+-1. (23321624*3^53005+-1)

I should have mined bitcoins instead!

My award for “Number that looks like it should be prime but actually isn’t.” goes to 91.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

8 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Starman...er, mannequin:

spacex-starman.jpg

http://earthsky.org/space/elon-musk-spacex-red-tesla-mars-asteroid-belt?

A Tesla in space...

Too funny!^_^

Going where no mannequin has gone before....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

21 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Starman...er, mannequin:

spacex-starman.jpg

http://earthsky.org/space/elon-musk-spacex-red-tesla-mars-asteroid-belt?

A Tesla in space...

Too funny!^_^

From 'Lost in Space':

Robot: Warning! Warning! Alien approaching!

Dr. Smith: You bubble-headed booby! You realize what you've done?

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

2 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

Did you take this yesterday? The weather has been nice last couple days. I haven't been down on the river in Rainier in a really long time, the housing sure has changed.

Yes, I took it around 5:30. My wife and I moved into the senior apartments after being on the list for almost  4 years. 

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

7 minutes ago, DancesWithWife said:

Yes, I took it around 5:30. My wife and I moved into the senior apartments after being on the list for almost  4 years. 

Maybe we could have a coffee together? (But no pressure if you don't want to) I have to go to Longview next week to get my equipment from the repair shop, probably Wednesday.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

7 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Maybe we could have a coffee together? (But no pressure if you don't want to) I have to go to Longview next week to get my equipment from the repair shop, probably Wednesday.

That would be nice meet up sometime, this week is not good, but we can figure that out. 

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

4 hours ago, Adrianne said:

I haven.t looked at all the pictures, but I would like to share a picture of our helper.  He keeps all the undesirables out of our yard and is on constant look

out.  

He is kind of a plain looking dog, but he is so happy that he makes us happy.  He is about a year old. 

Welcome to JW Talk, Sister Adrianne! :D

Just drag a pic' of your pooch onto the space provided below where you type your post, (or click to choose the pic' from your files).   If the pic' is 0.98 MB or less, it will appear for you.  Hit the + sign in the left corner of the pic', to add it to your post, and it will appear for us.  

Hope to read many more of your posts! ^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif