JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Library on DVD

It's a new program, a new version (18.0), so there's a major update involved here. Program is called Watchtower Library, no year number. I don't think WT Lib 2015 will be updated to this version. This update make big changes in the core of the application, hence the new version number. It's not a simple build update. We're going to need this version for the monthly updates from now on.

Sent from my DL1008M using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, Adam said:

Today, January 1, 2017 was realesed Watchtower Library 2016 DVD-ROM. There are new improvements.

-  Glossary section

- New Songbook: "Sing Out Joyfully" to Jehovah

- Watchtower and Awake! 2016 (all magazines)

- 2016 Index

- and more...

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

WOW Brother! Please tell me that you going to share with us. Do you know something that Spanish edition?

27 minutes ago, Cheeks said:

What is sub space?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is the quickest way to chrck for the Klingon update

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Well, when you start this new edition... you can see that doesn't appear year edition, just is Watchtower Library, this will be the definitive edition. This answer, that we don't need to request a new disc for next year. I guess that in 2017/2018 year you can ask for this edition in permanent stock if you are new publisher. Rest of us, just will need to update. ;)

1.JPG

Edited by zodwertj

Each year, many brothers and sisters look forward to receiving their new edition of Watch-tower Library, which is now being produced in over 60 languages.

The 2015 edition of Watchtower Library included a feature that could be used by those hav-ing Internet access. With that feature, the data could be updated around the middle of the year. With that one-time update, publications released in the first half of 2016 were added and could be includ-ed in searches done thereafter.

Beginning with the 2016 edition, updates will become available about once a month. Thus, after you install this edition and choose automatic or manual updates, the program can obtain cur-rent publications over the Internet. For example, issues of The Watchtower that you have recently studied or will soon study in the congregation will be added to Watchtower Library. Additionally, at the end of 2017, you will not need to request a new DVD—you can continue to use the edition you already have. It will regularly be updated with publications as they are released and will include any new program features that may be added.

What do you think about this??

Awesome!

Do we have the capability to download the original 2016 v. from the internet? Oops! Sorry Musky, that question was asked already!

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

35 minutes ago, Cheeks said:

What is sub space?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a sandwich store at Comic Con.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

10 minutes ago, ChrisTheConfused said:

It's a sandwich store at Comic Con.

That's was next to the yellow sub-routine ...

:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 minutes ago, Qapla said:

I'd be glad to receive a PM with a link to either an ISO or a ZIP of the DVD - I have to install by USB anyway

Ditto.....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Qapla said:

I'd be glad to receive a PM with a link to either an ISO or a ZIP of the DVD - I have to install by USB anyway

Ditto here too.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

2 hours ago, Qapla said:

Me too please. :)

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

I had a copy of both versions of the July update, so I tested it out.  I installed and updated it the 6421 update.  I then fooled the app into downloading the revised 6435 update.  It downloaded, but could not update, some error.  However even though it could not update with the automatic download, it did work with the manual apply update.  So Brother Isaac is right.  Its such a shame a tiny bug did this.

Its a bit of a mute point now, but if you want to download the 6435 build and use the manual apply update you can so from here.

https://download-a.akamaihd.net/meps/wtlibrary/WTLibrary2015/E/WTE/WTLibrary2015.E.WTE.1.UPDATEPKG

So Brother Isaac, I see you have a copy, when will we get it. 

Sometimes I'm called upon to fix the brothers computers.  I often see that previous years of the Library is still installed.  5 years worth on one machine.  Each one installs its own files in a different folder, so you can end up with GBs of wasted space.  It does seem that some just install the new one with uninstalling the old one first.   Or don't know how to uninstall the previous edition.

And, even though uninstalling 2015 edition,  and reinstalling it with the fixed update could have solved the problem, I can see why they decided not to that, and go for a new version instead.