JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

YouTube Classics (Post a video... any video!)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I posted this in another thread but thought it also belonged in this thread. It is a debate between an athiest and a thiest and shows that even the best arguments for athiesm are not really arguments at all i hope you find it as interesting as me. Be warned though its quite long but personally i thought it was worth the time to watch. Especially with the rubbish that was on tv this evening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KBx4vvlbZ8

• 1 month later...

I have watched this heartwarming story a few times over the years and still love it:Christian the Lion

In 1969 a young Australian, John Rendall and his friend Ace Bourke, bought a small lion cub from Harrods pet department, which was then legal. 'Christian' was kept in their furniture shop on the Kings Road in Chelsea, the heart of the swinging sixties. Loved by all, the affectionate cub ate in a local restaurant, played in a nearby graveyard, but was growing fast...

A chance encounter in the shop with Bill Travers and Virginia McKenna, stars of the 1966 film Born Free, led to a new life for Christian. He came to live in a huge enclosure and to sleep in a caravan at their Surrey home. Then in 1971 he was flown to Kenya and returned to the wild by the late lion-man George Adamson of the wild-life charity The Born Free Foundation. In 1972, John and Ace returned to Kora in Kenya. They were warned that Christian was now head of his own pride in the wild and may not remember them. This clip is of their reunion at that time:

The full documentary, which is also a book, is now on Youtube in 5 parts, but there is a sort of trailer by actress and Trustee of the BF charity Virginia McKenna:

• 1 month later...

There are other Youtube short films going behind the scenes & Cartier history when making the movie/advertisement.

The fun the leopard/panther had seeing and running in snow for the first time in it's life on snowy mountains in Italy.

The re-creating of Russian Grand Duchess, Maria Pavlovna's sleigh running along the frozen river at St Petersburg.

Albertos Santos Dumont - one of France's early aviators - who needed one of their first wristwatches in 1904.

The French and Indian Maharajah's Palaces.

The recording of the specially comissioned Symphony by Pierre Adenot for the background music, which was then recorded at the Abbey Road Studios on London - made famous by The Beatles in the 1960's.

There are other Youtube short films going behind the scenes & Cartier history when making the movie/advertisement.

The fun the leopard/panther had seeing and running in snow for the first time in it's life on snowy mountains in Italy.

The re-creating of Russian Grand Duchess, Maria Pavlovna's sleigh running along the frozen river at St Petersburg.

Albertos Santos Dumont - one of France's early aviators - who needed one of their first wristwatches in 1904.

The French and Indian Maharajah's Palaces.

The recording of the specially comissioned Symphony by Pierre Adenot for the background music, which was then recorded at the Abbey Road Studios on London - made famous by The Beatles in the 1960's.

I enjoyed the ad for it cinematic beauty, but I suspected there were things I missed because of things I didn't know..:flowers: Thanks for sharing!

• 2 weeks later...