JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

YouTube Classics (Post a video... any video!)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I went to Venice we had the chance to visit the famous Murano Glass factory where we saw skilled men making animals and other beautiful objects with glass. We did the same in Malta at the Mdina glass factory. Such skill and very hot work in these hot countries in summer!!

It's interesting to know that it was the Cannanite sea-faring Phoenicians who exported their glass making skills across the Mediterranean centuries ago. When we were in Israel we went to Carmel and the beaches near Haifa and saw many examples of the glass objects in the soils of ancient sites or at museums that the Phoenicians created. they were particularly good at adding colour to glass and their trademark glass was blue and their blue glass beads have been found in ancient people's grave goods all around the World's Northern Hemisphere.

Edited by retroHelen

1 hour ago, dilip kumar said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B64KfStp2X3nb2VrTmJlTHlGMFU/view?usp=drivesdk

Pls see and enjoy this nice video sent from Dubai Thank you.

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk

Wow!  :oShe is really good--and graceful!:D

Thanks for sharing!^_^

Wonder if you need special blades on your skates for fake ice?:confused:

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Thanks Ruben for downloading this video....I found it very profound and truthful.

There is a lot of manipulation going on, and we all need to keep that fact in front of us, so as

to avoid falling off the cliff...so to speak!

Keep on the Watch

I really enjoyed the Regional Convention this last weekend...June 2-4

Billings, Montana.

Ruben,

I really thought the artistry/drawing in the video was great.

For some reason, the little big-eyed boy in the video, reminded me of  the lyrics in Jackson Browne's song, "Doctor my Eyes." Originally written and produced in 1972, but still as relevant today as it was then.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

1 hour ago, minister159 said:

For some reason, the little big-eyed boy in the video, reminded me of  the lyrics in Jackson Browne's song, "Doctor my Eyes." Originally written and produced in 1972, but still as relevant today as it was then.

Doctor, My Eyes

Doctor, my eyes have seen the years
And the slow parade of fears without crying
Now I want to understand

I have done all that I could
To see the evil and the good without hiding
You must help me if you can

Doctor, my eyes
Tell me what is wrong
Was I unwise to leave them open for so long

'Cause I have wandered through this world
And as each moment has unfurled
I've been waiting to awaken from these dreams

People go just where they will
I never noticed them until I got this feeling
That it's later than it seems

Doctor, my eyes
Tell me what you see
I hear their cries
Just say if it's too late for me

Doctor, my eyes
Cannot see the sky
Is this the prize
For having learned how not to cry

Written by Jackson Browne • Copyright © Universal Music Publishing Group

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I am not sure if I can get this to post but I'll try. 

My little granddaughter broke her arm falling off the slide at their neighborhood park.  My son took a short video clip after they medicated her for pain and anesthia began to kick in.  Watch her face when she notices the bright over head lights of the OR waiting area.  

It worked!!! No one is more surprise than me!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Isn't she the cute little one in the red dress you posted a while back ? She resembles you..

Glad she's recovering..:)

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

47 minutes ago, Dove said:

Isn't she the cute little one in the red dress you posted a while back ? She resembles you..

Glad she's recovering..:)

Yes!  Unfortunately they returned to China! No longer in my day to day life! But my other son and his wife and 2 little Girls have moved back from China so I am able to spend more time with them!  They are 6 and 8 and ready to leave their parents behind while Abby just turned two and would not part from mommy! 

We have our first official girls night with no parents tomorrow!  We'll see how that goes!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2017 at 0:43 PM, nanceebgd46 said:

Thanks Ruben for downloading this video....I found it very profound and truthful.

There is a lot of manipulation going on, and we all need to keep that fact in front of us, so as

to avoid falling off the cliff...so to speak!

Keep on the Watch

Steve Cutts website gives us all something to ponder.  His illustration/animation depictions of this world's moral decay really comes through!  These depictions remind me of one of our new songs "Light in a Darkened World".  

"Those who sleep need awakening

As the time ebbs away."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Started raining today, grrr. Just know it's not going to let up. So I made myself happy by watching BBQ Pit Boys. Then went online to see some unique BBQ grills, posted on 'post a picture'. Then found this super video, I LOVE it. Made for a happy afternoon. Hope you like it.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

1 hour ago, bagwell1987 said:

Started raining today, grrr. Just know it's not going to let up. So I made myself happy by watching BBQ Pit Boys. Then went online to see some unique BBQ grills, posted on 'post a picture'. Then found this super video, I LOVE it. Made for a happy afternoon. Hope you like it.

Two of my favourite comedians on YT. They keep things pretty clean, no language, make me laugh a lot. The sand challenges always get me. 

The song they did that really resonated with me was "I am a thoughtful guy" :lol:

Edited by EccentricM