JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

YouTube Classics (Post a video... any video!)

5 hours ago, EccentricM said:

the baptism of a black sister would have caused quite a stir in the world back then! People still used to separate black and white people in those days

Really? In your part of the UK? Not in Nottingham where I’m originally from. There’s huge Jamaican and Indian communities that came about after the Second World War when the UK government invited the ex colonies to help with the rebuilding work, so I’ve grown up with that type of diversity. Got lots of mixed race cousins too.

What you say about us being ahead of the curve is very true though bro.

It's bigger on the inside!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, EccentricM said:

Amazing to see, even back then the love and cooperation between everyone. Also the baptism of a black sister would have caused quite a stir in the world back then! People still used to separate black and white people in those days and mixed swimming pools were only very slowly being introduced in the mid-late 60s, adn even then they were considered a taboo. But Jehovah's people were as always ahead of the curve and did not let the world's racist tones stop them from sharing universal love. 

Interesting how you would never see this kind of thing on the news anymore.

Jehovah's undersea fireworks display::huh:

A Burst of Deep Sea Fireworks:

A Rare Jellyfish Filmed by the E/V Nautilus

JANUARY 3, 2018

CHRISTOPHER JOBSON

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2018/01/a-burst-of-deep-sea-fireworks-a-rare-jellyfish-filmed-by-the-e-v-nautilus/

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

This was on the evolution news website and raised also an interesting question about human curiosity which is so different to animal.

A very good brief read.

https://evolutionnews.org/2018/01/a-tiny-but-mighty-example-of-design-the-rainbow-colored-peacock-spider/

For several days we've heard the warnings about a dangerous storm surge. This is what happened last Thursday not far from my house.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Ya, it was a bit weird. What's so sad is that people actually GO to the beach to see it. . Good grief, how dumb. Did you notice the SUV with the log coming at him? Like it would stop and not hit his rig, oh brother.

Many people think it's so cool to live on the ocean, but we do not have a swimming ocean, its a very dangerous ocean. Many lives have been lost by sneaker waves. The last I heard was last week, a man and his 3 year old boy and a Spanish man taking pictures. Sigh.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

My son called me around 4 am to tell me about it. The warning was called off very soon. Many people in my area, close to Alaska and on the ring of fire, were angry because we didn't have an alert on our phones or the Tsunami horn blaring at 230 in the morning. Frankly I'm glad they erred on the side of caution. It's the big conversation on talk radio now over here.

What this did for me is to make a plan to tear apart our GoBags, refresh them and put them in the truck. We keep getting little reminders that times are strange, difficult, weird. I think I'll listen to that little voice in the back of my head and prepare better.

17 hours ago, bobby said:

my really bad driving 

Nice ride, though.

No but seriously, I wish these games were more realistic and showed how grazing the guardrails at that speed would rip your fender off. Or how a frontal crash at that speed would transform your car into a crumpled ball of metal sheeting. Too many kids think racing is a cool thing and I have a funny feeling video-games portray it as being something not so dangerous.

Saw this video and immediately fell in love with it. So funny to think the "kids" dancing in this video are now probably 60 and older.

This reminds me of a time where people would just dance because dancing is fun, and when it was okay to dance because nobody was embarassed to do it or too cool to dance or expected perfection as is the case today.

Also, it reminds me of a time and age where a contest like this wasn't dragged out for months telling each individual candidates soppy life-story and displaying artificial rivalries between the candidates.

3-year-old Mateo Makes His Case for Cupcakes

How incredibly sad.:(

If he is THAT disrespectful at three, what will he be like when he's older?  Scary...really really scary.:o

So is that t-shirt he's wearing...scary.:huh:

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Brother Matthew her name is Vanessa Jackson, a popular singer from Brazil. (She was raised as one of JW's) but not certain if she's baptized. She and her son sound great singing the Kingdom songs though. She also has a YT channel.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FDzE1kYcdW4

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ikYA5Sw14gI

8 minutes ago, Omoyeme said:

Brother Matthew her name is Vanessa Jackson, a popular singer from Brazil. (She was raised as one of JW's) but not certain if she's baptized. She and her son sound great singing the Kingdom songs though. She also has a YT channel.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FDzE1kYcdW4

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ikYA5Sw14gI

Oh interesting.

14 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

How incredibly sad.:(

If he is THAT disrespectful at three, what will he be like when he's older?  Scary...really really scary.:o

So is that t-shirt he's wearing...scary.:huh:

I agree Sis Ross, "Train a child from his youth up" he tried to make his case for a cupcake. When my kids were that age and my youngest wanted the last cupcake and her sister wanted it also sometimes I would place them in different rooms in the house and give one the cupcake and the other daughter another sweet snack bcoz my youngest daughter at 3 would plead her case why she didn't want to share her cupcake with her sister. Once they had finished eating their treat and came back together both of them were happy and had forgotten all about that one cupcake left. :ecstatic: