JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

About that Barnard castle sign. 

The sign would make a great substitute for the eye sight chart that is in a optometrist's clinic. Of course there will be another hurdle to clear before confirming the results : a lie detector test. 😁

Woah, one can even print out a eye chart to test one's vision at home. Quite useful especially before heading to the clinic. Unfortunately, I will have to visit the memory clinic first before going to have my eyes checked. Sigh, the bane of old age.

https://visionsource.com/patients/free-eye-chart-download/

Edited by Mclove

Daydream -

Scientists have discovered that daydreaming is an important tool for creativity. It causes a rush of activity in a circuit, which connects different parts of the brain and allows the mind to make new associations.

The 'edit' mode didn't allow for change in font. Sorry for repeating.

The sign would make a great substitute for the eye sight chart that is in a optometrist's clinic. Of course there will be another hurdle to

clear before confirming the results : a lie detector test. 😁

Woah, one can even print out a eye chart to test one's vision at home. Quite useful especially before heading to the clinic. Unfortunately, I will have to visit the memory clinic first before going to have my eyes checked. Sigh, the bane of old age

It is called exercising the eyes. 

Edited by Mclove

Daydream -

Scientists have discovered that daydreaming is an important tool for creativity. It causes a rush of activity in a circuit, which connects different parts of the brain and allows the mind to make new associations.

1 hour ago, Mclove said:

The sign would make a great substitute for the eye sight chart that is in a optometrist's clinic. Of course there will be another hurdle to clear before confirming the results : a lie detector test. 😁

Woah, one can even print out a eye chart to test one's vision at home. Quite useful especially before heading to the clinic. Unfortunately, I will have to visit the memory clinic first before going to have my eyes checked. Sigh, the bane of old age.

https://visionsource.com/patients/free-eye-chart-download/

The context of the sign in UK is that the government's chief advisor drove with his wife and son from London to Durham (230 miles) during lockdown while his wife had symptoms of Covid.

After he got Covid he drove 30 miles to Barnard Castle to "see if his eyesight was good enough to drive"!

Jehovah did a spectacular job of turning out His light tonight:  :D 

910197293_Jehovahturningoutthelight.jpg.4f085474b4e2b74b2daeb9054351d65a.jpg

455750146_Jehovahturningoutthelighttonight.jpg.e7d5c398840245bb1d5f17f038354b81.jpg

T'was definitely one of those "Stop and show yourself attentive to the wonderful works of God"

moments. :D   

(Job 37:14 " . . .Stand still and show yourself attentive to the wonderful works of God. )

1984 Reference Bible version

(Job 37:14  ". . .Stop and consider carefully the wonderful works of God."

2013    NWT  

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I just love this pic from next week's Congregation Bible Study: Chapter 118 A Dispute Over Greatness

(picture removed)

I call it "Excedrin Headache # 214 :  Failure to Learn a Lesson" 

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

(picture removed)

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 hour ago, bagwell1987 said:

The last week in service. The lady had dogs in her buggy!

This last week?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.