JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

You know, it has been said, when trying to run from a bear ... you don't have to be faster than the bear - just faster than your companion

The park service says that isn't true, that why they made the poster. They say the bear will chase anything that is moving.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Well its tuna canning time. Went to Hammond marina to get several pounds. l love to see the jars in the pantry.

1023680503_tuna2020(748x1331).thumb.jpg.e98e7f4e3a2e28b039225703bee2c9f1.jpg

Got my box of seeds for spring. Wow, what a way to spend the evening, love it. Highlighting the particulars of each veg and how they want to grow. Found one to be a winter variety so now have the seed sprouting for planting in a couple weeks in my new raised beds. Pulled out the boysenberries and now have yards and yards of new planting beds. I love homesteading. Hope it'll be a thing in the NS.

1069832617_seeds2020(1)(1331x748).thumb.jpg.8c4a8b8856cf35fb592a96fa95651961.jpg  

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

All my seeds are for the PNW. Adapted for our cooler climate. 

I'm so excited, been watching YouTube for early planting, green manure cover crops,  crop rotation. Hoss Tools has great videos for plots, mine is much smaller but can implement some of their techniques. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

3 hours ago, rocket said:

@bagwell1987  I've canned tuna before but I've always been a bit nervous about doing so as one has to be so very careful because of mercury and Botulism. Happy canning !!!

I have my pressure gauge tested at the home extension office, they allow 1 or 1 1/2 points but more than that you have to get a new one.  Been doing this over 30 years, I date things and always check the seal when opening jars. Hope you brave canning again. so rewarding.

image.thumb.png.6f277378ae1f46f481e52ba47e8a7617.png

Burned to a crisp for sure, More nourishment in the ketchup than in the charcoal. Consume the ketchup, use caution when disposing of the meat. :lol:

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

27 minutes ago, countrykaren said:

My drawings of my house in the new system 

600CC8BB-DE37-48A6-BDAF-8DAADB1A32B0.jpeg

My dear sister, your book of drawings make me smile. You have such talent and are so crafty to make the "books" that you do to help you focus on the NS and on each meeting. Beautiful, TY for sharing.

image.png.8166cc4165357a67678afd850b132d55.png

Daydream -

Scientists have discovered that daydreaming is an important tool for creativity. It causes a rush of activity in a circuit, which connects different parts of the brain and allows the mind to make new associations.

After a long day working in the garden I pull up my chaise lounge and side table

1493798836_chaise(748x1331).thumb.jpg.3c97fe4f40f73067d15298a38404dc82.jpg

Then when attending meetings or study I set up in the posh dining room (yes I said posh 😄)

302188185_office(748x1331).thumb.jpg.21e7a695116c07a7bf7ec262ba818a08.jpg

Edited by bagwell1987