JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Did anyone else notice that, in the Windows app, under "Settings/Video Display" you can select to have the videos displayed on a second display?

This would mean that, since we do have a Windows Computer at the Hall, we could actually use the JW Library to show the videos instead of needing a third party program. Now if we could just play the Songs through the JW Library

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

4 hours ago, Qapla said:

This would mean that, since we do have a Windows Computer at the Hall, we could actually use the JW Library to show the videos instead of needing a third party program. Now if we could just play the Songs through the JW Library

Yes, in our hall we are already playing the videos through JW Library. The monitors stay black with a JW logo on the lower right corner until we play the video. I mean, the brothers never get to see the desktop, just the videos.

I think we also play the scheduled songs from JW Library. But the public talk song I think we still do the old way.

5 hours ago, jwhess said:

I received the same message (warning?) but I already have Windows 10 pro installed.  I assume it is an information box and the app does not check the version that is installed.

Myself and my wife had the same message on our phones. It does seem to just be an information message. My phone (lumia 950xl) was made for windows 10. I think the "System update needed" part of the message confused me initially.

Now, Android or Apple, we can re:watch the sample presentations easy. Or for the brothers, EASILY watch the video for your part BEFORE you have it. Yeah!

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I want to listen the song and at the same time read the lyrics ... an audio bar would be useful - letting you play music and in the meantime navigate at least in the same app

Edited by Adelin

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

14 minutes ago, Adelin said:

I want to listen the song and at the same time read the lyrics ... an audio bar would be useful - letting you play music and in the meantime navigate at least in the same app

Isn't just that available on Apple devices?

8 minutes ago, Andrejrulz said:

Isn't just that available on Apple devices?

I don't have any apple device, but I'm happy to hear that - it means we will have it on Android soon

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

Just now, Adelin said:

I don't have any apple device, but I'm happy to hear that - it means we will have it on Android soon

Not necessarily.  Apple devices have some perks in the JW Lib app that us Android users will probably never get.  Quite a while ago when we got the update to highlight with JW Lib, apple users also got a "topic and Dictionary (or define) button in their highlighting bar.  Android users don't have that and since it's been this long, we probably won't get it.  Apple devices have other things Android still doesn't have (has to do with video playing and being able to play "all songs").  Time will tell, but I think it's safe to say that just because Apple has it, doesn't necessarily mean Android will get it too.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

8 minutes ago, pnutts said:

Apple has to have Some excuse for people to use their over-priced products :deadhorse:

Over-priced but superior in every way. :raspberry:
On saying that I have moved away from my iPhone to a Windows phone recently because I hate the false limitations they have on ios devices by not allowing sd card slots to expand  the storage. sp that they can make you pay hundreds more for storage that costs them probably a few $.

Android I avoid as I have not yet used any android device that ran smooth all the time.
Mind you, with Microsoft dumping all sorts of phone based parts of their company in the past week, perhaps my judgement is not the best. :)

Edited by Mykyl

22 minutes ago, Mykyl said:

On saying that I have moved away from my iPhone to a Windows phone recently because I hate the false limitations they have on ios devices by not allowing sd card slots to expand  the storage. sp that they can make you pay hundreds more for storage that costs them probably a few $.

Android I avoid as I have not yet used any android device that ran smooth all the time.
Mind you, with Microsoft dumping all sorts of phone based parts of their company in the past week, perhaps my judgement is not the best. :)

There may yet be hope. Interesting read on pcmag today.

http://www.pcmag.com/commentary/344703/microsoft-cant-afford-to-abandon-windows-phone

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I received an update for JW Library for Android today. It seems performance has been improved. The app is now usable in my not-so-high-end tablet. I didn't use it to read scriptures or anything before because it took a while everytime you clicked on something. It works smoother now although there's still room for improvement.

Mind you, with Microsoft dumping all sorts of phone based parts of their company in the past week, perhaps my judgement is not the best.

And just announced 2000 layoffs because poor phone sales...

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/may/26/microsoft-to-cut-1850-jobs-at-struggling-former-nokia-smartphone-unit

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Tbs77 said:

And just announced 2000 layoffs because poor phone sales...

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/may/26/microsoft-to-cut-1850-jobs-at-struggling-former-nokia-smartphone-unit

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Which is what i mentioned. :) Then again I love photography and the camera on this phone is utterly perfect and the phone works and jwlibrary works smoothly. Wins all round. ;) Maybe this will be my Armageddon phone. :raspberry: