JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Just now, Adelin said:

Maybe you meant - the lyrics to appear automatically after playing the song (?)   No ... that does not work. I don't see the need for that as long as you can navigate wherever you want (and get the lyrics) while the music is playing.

No, if you scroll up you will see that with the new Windows update for JWL, they can now see the lyrics as you play the songs in JWL (by pessing the backbutton while the music is playing). I have Android and do not have tthat capability, but would love to have it. It simplifies things to me.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

18 minutes ago, shali said:

No, if you scroll up you will see that with the new Windows update for JWL, they can now see the lyrics as you play the songs in JWL (by pessing the backbutton while the music is playing). I have Android and do not have tthat capability, but would love to have it. It simplifies things to me.

I have an android phone and tablet and both have the ability to continue playing the music after pressing the back button. Have you downloaded the latest JW Library update for android?

Edited by mserskine

34 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

The dictionaries are native to iOS. It's a good feature. The topic thing only works with English, I believe.

That is the one thing I miss since gradually weaning myself away from ios. The dictionaries are such a handy feature and I'm shocked neither Microsoft nor Google have added a system wide dictionary to their mobile os's

maybe you mean the windows users have the lyrics incorporated in the audio player  :confused:

Did you get the latest update on Android? You CAN see the lyrics while playing music, it's just that you have to look for the songbook, they do not appear directly on the audio player.

Edited by Adelin

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

Screenshot_2016-09-22-22-05-37.pngThe older KM'S may be starting to show up in JWL,  a 2010 foreign language KM just showed in my android JWL. 

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 9/20/2016 at 9:27 AM, Hope said:

Although Brigette -- I'd DEFINITELY let the CO know that you were not allowed to partake of the entire convention because of your volunteer assignment, even though provisions are available.  It may not be advantageous to fuss about the music, etc. but we ALL need to fight for our food... that is our right and it's from Jehovah!  That is just wrong.  Wrong.  

Wrong.

I too was asked if I  would help with cleaning during the RC. I agreed with the proviso that I  be able to listen to the parts I missed. I  also approached 2 elders about it. They said they would get back to me about that. 1 month before the RC I informed the cleaning brother that as the branch strongly encouraged us to take in all of the program & that there was no word on my being able to listen to the parts I would be missing, that I  would not be able to help with cleaning during the session. I will be available before, during intermission, and after the sessions . He was visably upset & I don't blame him, but this is special considering how deep we are in the "time of the end". 

I really don't think I have a bad attitude, but this kind of thang can create one. I'm only sharing this to let you know that you're not alone.

6 hours ago, palmhat said:

I too was asked if I  would help with cleaning during the RC. I agreed with the proviso that I  be able to listen to the parts I missed. I  also approached 2 elders about it. They said they would get back to me about that. 1 month before the RC I informed the cleaning brother that as the branch strongly encouraged us to take in all of the program & that there was no word on my being able to listen to the parts I would be missing, that I  would not be able to help with cleaning during the session. I will be available before, during intermission, and after the sessions . He was visably upset & I don't blame him, but this is special considering how deep we are in the "time of the end". 

I really don't think I have a bad attitude, but this kind of thang can create one. I'm only sharing this to let you know that you're not alone.

You did right sister. 

So, did you volunteer after all, or not?

Edited by leoperales

I'll send a PM instead of veering this thread off topic.

The KM 2010 in Azerbaijani has shown up in my Android and Windows JWL, has anyone else received it?

The language setting for both of them is still set on English so I shouldn't be getting any foreign language material, it looks like someone accidentally put the KM in the wrong place..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

The KM 2010 in Azerbaijani has shown up in my Android and Windows JWL, has anyone else received it?
The language setting for both of them is still set on English so I shouldn't be getting any foreign language material, it looks like someone accidentally put the KM in the wrong place..

Learn Azerbaijani? How much clearer could it get?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I have been enjoying the music player from the Android update. Tonight we played the reading of the Watchtower on WOL..I was amazed to see that even online, if I bring down my notification panel, there is a play/pause box there!

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

27 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

I have been enjoying the music player from the Android update. Tonight we played the reading of the Watchtower on WOL..I was amazed to see that even online, if I bring down my notification panel, there is a play/pause box there!

Hmm, I hadn't realized that. Very useful!!!

18 hours ago, Adelin said:

maybe you mean the windows users have the lyrics incorporated in the audio player  :confused:

Did you get the latest update on Android? You CAN see the lyrics while playing music, it's just that you have to look for the songbook, they do not appear directly on the audio player.

Yes, apparently so.  While the audio player is playing the song, you can hit the back button and get the lyrics without having to go to the songbook.  This is in Windows and it also may be in apple.  As the song is playing the words highlight to show you what words you should be singing at that time.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

3 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Learn Azerbaijani? How much clearer could it get?

I need to learn Albanian first so I can watch the monthly broadcast. ..

15 hours ago, shali said:

Yes, apparently so.  While the audio player is playing the song, you can hit the back button and get the lyrics without having to go to the songbook.  This is in Windows and it also may be in apple.  As the song is playing the words highlight to show you what words you should be singing at that time.

I'm not getting this on my iDevices....takes me back to the ever colorful media homepage....help!

5 minutes ago, outwalkin said:

Has anyone received the newest update for Android?  Windows has a nice new customizable homepage (Favorites), as does iOS (I helped a sister update hers).  I went to the Play store and it is version 1.7.2. (My Android phone says version 1.7.2.14063) Windows is version 8.0.5639.

Not yet...

On 9/22/2016 at 3:00 PM, shali said:

Sure hope they give the capablity to see the song lyrics while the music is playing in Android too

If you are in your meetings tab and tap on a song the lyrics show (either on the right side or full screen for smaller devices). Then tap on the media button and choose the music. As it begins you tap the back button and can follow the words. In Windows I can tap the title next and see the notes as well as the words. I can’t see the notes in Android but can follow the words. Hope this helps.

On 9/19/2016 at 10:34 PM, AH173 said:

Next question. How long for Android update? Few days?? Week or weeks?? 

Just wait and see. Lol 

ONE WEEK NOW. Oh well, it's coming. :uhhuh:

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

18 minutes ago, Skye said:

Could anyone please help me find these two functions in iPhone and iPad? Thanks! Tried all the suggestions given (long press etc) but it doesn't work.

If you click on Media and choose Audio from the top menu bar. you will see three icons on the upper right end of the bar.  The left end icon is languages, the middle icon  (looks like an arrow) is the continuous play button and the right end icon is the shuffle button.  I don't know where they put the video equivalents since the JW-Library update.