JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Don't make me get started on all the things that I can do with my android tablet... Which Apple hardware can only dream about. Here are some of the top things. Can you access system files and modify hardware working frequencies on jailbreaked iOS?
The reason why android sometimes gets the update after Apple is because of the diversity of Android devices. An app must be compatible with thousands of different devices, screens and screen resolutions. (Android devices have around 4000 different screen sizes while Apple has less than 10).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I've never tried, so I wouldn't know. All I know is that it's trickier to roll out updates for android. For me, Android is a messy system and a bit clumsy. iOS works better and is smoother for me. Matter of taste and need, I guess. (It comes from someone who tossed his galaxy in the garbage after using it a few weeks, lol.)

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

My Android smartphone reboots when I try to play song 152... publications/Audio/ Sing to Jehovah New Songs JwLibrary app version 1.7.2.14063... anyone else?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

Think i have to delete and reinstall songs or other publications to work properly since I changed to save to sd card after initially saving to internal memory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

I think that there are a lot of brothers in poor countries, that wish to had it.

I don't give away things I don't like though.

____

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 hour ago, Thesauron said:

I don't give away things I don't like though.

____

LOL - I had to think on this comment for a second - at first I thought it made you sound like a hoarder and then I realized - you wouldn't burden someone else with something that you thought was awful, wouldn't be kind.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I use to say that iOS is for people that don't want to mess with the tablet and just do the basic things... Ah and that have the funds to buy the version with the necessary memory, or else have the funds to buy a cloud service and ilimited network traffic 

On the other hand android is for the above people who don't have the money and the people that want to do more with the system... Even use it as the only pc (like me) 

10 minutes ago, richietj77 said:

Wow! 2 1/2 years and 81 pages! This thread is one of the non-bearded long ones!

Mods: Would it be wise to change the name to JW Library - General Thread?

I totally agree with the thread name change. 

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

20 hours ago, 1gemstone said:

Maybe,  just maybe, you should reconsider an Apple, just sayin.

Hey, guys, you are at least three generations late to this party. 

In the 1980's it was Apple II vs Commodore 64. In the 1990's it was Apple MacIntosh vs Windows. Not sure what the issue was in the next decade, but now in the 2010"s it is Apple vs Android. 

Notice the trend: apple vs <fill in the blank>

18 minutes ago, cmcewen said:

Hey, guys, you are at least three generations late to this party. 

In the 1980's it was Apple II vs Commodore 64. In the 1990's it was Apple MacIntosh vs Windows. Not sure what the issue was in the next decade, but now in the 2010"s it is Apple vs Android. 

Yup, those guy are picking fights with everyone, pretty antisocial or bullies....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Just now, Musky said:

Who is "picking fights"? What am I missing? :confused:

25 minutes ago, cmcewen said:

I was teasing him about Apple VS Everyone...

They sound like big bullies to me, can't get along with anyone...:lol:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

I was teasing him about Apple VS Everyone...

They sound like big bullies to me, can't get along with anyone...:lol:

Ahh, I see. I am a veteran of the "Apple vs (fill in the blank), wars. Down through the years and I can proudly say, that aside from an original "Apple1" (wish I had that now, they're worth a fortune) and an Apple 2E, I have not owned an Apple product since.  I had a computer store/repair shop in WA state and serviced Apples and Windows PC's until Apple stopped selling replacement parts and required all customers to either bring their defective machines into an Apple store, or if there wasn't one in a nearby city, ship them in for repairs. All the while denying that there computers ever needed repairs.

End of rant! But, I will never own an Apple product for that and MANY other reasons.  

Edited by Musky

23 minutes ago, Musky said:

End of rant! But, I will never own an Apple product for that and MANY other reasons.  

I love apples. I have a tree in my back yard, I had apple butter with breakfast and I hope to have apple sauce or an apple pie for dessert. We might go to Apple Hill and visit a few apple farms next month, do you want me to get anything for you?

:D

I love apples. I have a tree in my back yard, I had apple butter with breakfast and I hope to have apple sauce or an apple pie for dessert. We might go to Apple Hill and visit a few apple farms next month, do you want me to get anything for you?
default_biggrin.png

That sounds like sour grapes er... apples to me

1 hour ago, Musky said:

That sounds like sour grapes er... apples to me

I had a glass of fermented grapes with lunch...

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

I wonder if there should be a thread for fruit?

If there is, then I'd say the homemade applesauce that I had for dessert was delicious...

as far as apple products, I have never had one and I'm not familiar with them, I have Android phones and Window PC's..

2 hours ago, Musky said:

an original "Apple1" (wish I had that now, they're worth a fortune) and an Apple 2E,

My wifes Bible study gave her a bunch of computer stuff that her dad left her. There was something,  I don't really know what it was but it was from a real early Apple product and when  Denise listed it on Ebay there were a few collectors that went a bit nuts...it brought a pretty good price.