JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

23 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

My Android smartphone reboots when I try to play song 152... publications/Audio/ Sing to Jehovah New Songs JwLibrary app version 1.7.2.14063... anyone else?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

No problem here.

We are iBoycotters in this house.  Never had any problems with my Android  and all my technology is Samsung with the exception of my laptop which is a Sony and all my JW stuff works perfectly on all of them with no hiccups unless it is operator error .. like when the operator accidently deleted a whole pile of downloads and had to start again. :blushing:

My technology is a family - aside from all being Windows/Android the other thing they all have in common is that they are named ???Cheese.  There is VaioCheese - laptop; BlueCheese - my blue Samsung Galaxy S5; NoteCheese - Samsung Note 10.1 (for general use); SpiritualCheese - Samsung tablet that speaks for itself (noooo, not literally!!!!); oh yes, and there is TVCheese, my Chromecast.  There is a story behind the Cheese name but I won't bore you.

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

1 hour ago, jayrtom said:

Android is taking more time because we're going to have goodies that iOS can't have like a widget with daily text  and floating button to access the bible :)

You forgot the 360 virtual reality view of JWLibrary that's coming if you have google cardboard. Apparently if you look up the Temple in the insight books you get a full 360 degree walk through. Cant wait. :ecstatic:

....Or maybe not.:shifty::nope:

1 hour ago, Mykyl said:

You forgot the 360 virtual reality view of JWLibrary that's coming if you have google cardboard. Apparently if you look up the Temple in the insight books you get a full 360 degree walk through. Cant wait. :ecstatic:

....Or maybe not.:shifty::nope:

JW Library for Microsoft HoloLens - that would take studying and meetings to another level.

3 hours ago, jayrtom said:

Android is taking more time because we're going to have goodies that iOS can't have like a widget with daily text  and floating button to access the bible :)

Knowing that helps me be more patient - can't wait to "rub it in" when it comes (husband has an iPad he is getting increasingly unhappy with). This update should send him over the edge.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

9 minutes ago, mserskine said:

New update for android

YEAH!!

No "Favorites" section like Windows but I'm loving it!

I'd like to edit the "Ministry" section in both but that will come.

I'd also love to be able to put a name in the bookmarks. Maybe that will happen when we can make notes.

34 minutes ago, Zebra555 said:

Android update has arrived :ecstatic:

Excellent! It's been a while. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I saw a recent post asking about what was updated in the BE book?

And just now I went to JW Library to see about any updates, and there were many!

BE Book

Come be my follower

OD Book

Several Tracts

Imitate Book

Jesus-The Way

Bible Teach

Jeremiah

God's Kingdom Rules

Several Brochures

Keep Yourselves in God's Love

I wonder if these updates are about something that is in common with all of the books since so many are receiving updates at the same time? Like for example something in the initial pages or maybe a certain scripture that is contained in all these books?

Any ideas?

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

5 hours ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

I wonder if these updates are about something that is in common with all of the books since so many are receiving updates at the same time? Like for example something in the initial pages or maybe a certain scripture that is contained in all these books?

Maybe new languages added? ...

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

On my phone I pulled down my finger on the home screen below the Text and I saw the little update circle..I will notice if next time  there is an auto update. Thanks friends!

I also think "most frequently used" is same as "favorites"..after opening pub. under that heading, it moves near the first place in the list..like under Downloads.. :coffee:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif