JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting for November 2018

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1946 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

27 minutes ago, Saffron said:

I watched it in sign language. That added a whole extra layer of fun. Hahaa I was paying attention to the broadcast, but my eye was drawn to the brother doing the sign language. I love how expressive he was. 😊

I did the same. :)  Actually the stories of brothers were very up building and encouraging. 

Really enjoyed. 

I got the asl too. Good enough to listen to at work. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Brother Malenfant is such a fantastic speaker. Very expressive. I'm anxious to watch the broadcast, but pretty soon I have to go out on a Bible study. I'll have to wait till later. Anyway, I don't want to keep you waiting...

I located the song in the program and extracted the audio for it. It's called True Friends, a bouncy tune that is always good to listen to on your phone or while traveling. It will be two weeks before it's posted on JW Broadcasting as a stand-alone video and in mp3 format. But in the meantime I've uploaded an mp3 version to my collection of songs. There are two versions of it; one is just the song, and (version 2) has the tuning session at the beginning. Take your pick. Thank you for listening, my true friends...

Kitten_headphones.gif.7ce0ce03c2df8906610f0c2d8e30aed4.gif

3 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Brother Malenfant is such a fantastic speaker. Very expressive. I'm anxious to watch the broadcast, but pretty soon I have to go out on a Bible study. I'll have to wait till later. Anyway, I don't want to keep you waiting...

I located the song in the program and extracted the audio for it. It's called True Friends, a bouncy tune that is always good to listen to on your phone or while traveling. It will be two weeks before it's posted on JW Broadcasting as a stand-alone video and in mp3 format. But in the meantime I've uploaded an mp3 version to my collection of songs. There are two versions of it; one is just the song, and (version 2) has the tuning session at the beginning. Take your pick. Thank you for listening, my true friends...

Kitten_headphones.gif.7ce0ce03c2df8906610f0c2d8e30aed4.gif

Okay -- is it just me, or does this remind of "You've Got Friend in Me" from Toy Story ... AND "Best Friend" from "Courtship of Eddie's Father" TV show??? :D

I LOVE the tuning session at the beginning... that's the one I downloaded.  Thank you, Eric!

Also... kitty's head is bobbing in time to the music... 😉 

Okay -- is it just me, or does this remind of "You've Got Friend in Me" from Toy Story ... AND "Best Friend" from "Courtship of Eddie's Father" TV show???

I LOVE the tuning session at the beginning... that's the one I downloaded.  Thank you, Eric!

Also... kitty's head is bobbing in time to the music...  

I love how it turned out the little band was actually the entertainment at a congregation gathering. We need more of that stuff. Just for fun. Some spontaneous dancing, anyone?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

18 minutes ago, Hope said:

Okay -- is it just me, or does this remind of "You've Got Friend in Me" from Toy Story

I though of Randy Newman right away... 

23 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Brother Malenfant is such a fantastic speaker.

He is doing a great job on the book of John too...

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

19 minutes ago, 1gemstone said:

The broadcast for November 2018 is not showing up on my laptop  ( win 10 ) or on my iPad. It only shows last month's broadcast, Please help.

It isn't on the JW Broadcasting site yet, it appear to be a little late.

Any of the links in this thread should work for now...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Lyrics to JW Broadcasting's Original Song for November 2018  (As always, compliments of Brother Chew❤️)

True Friends

JW Broadcasting— November 2018

Life can be hard if we walk it alone, living in these last days.

Jehovah knows that we need friends to help us along the way.

But where do we go?

Where do we turn to find those true companions?

Well, remember what we learn in his Word.

True friends

Love you when you’re down,

Happy when you’re up,

Right by your side when trials come,

Speak up if you’re wrong,

Commend you when you’re right,

Keep you on track in the race for life,

Help you keep Jehovah first right to the end.

Yeah, that’s a true friend.

A true friend shows love at all times.

That’s in His Word, we know.

So if troubles appear, don’t give in or fight.

Say a prayer; let it go.

Whether we’re older or whether we’re young, we all got to stick together,

And one day soon we’ll be in Paradise.

True friends

Happy when you’re up,

Someone you trust,

Someone who cares about you serving Jehovah,

A shoulder to lean on and the right words to help you mend —

True friends

Happy when you’re up,

True friends

Happy when you’re up,

That’s a true friend.

Oh, that’s a true friend.

1946593225_FriendsForever!.gif.04ac08c9c51e2ff53267c7b1a9af8b6c.gif yes.gif.3940674ae2006c23619a170bb86049eb.gif

Almost forgot the lyrics to all the other songs:

Lyrics to JW Broadcast Original Songs October 2014 -- November 2018

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

Brain drain

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

13 minutes ago, Hope said:

It's amazing how late it is without having the Broadcast posted on the usual site.  It's after 7.30p Eastern time... and no Broadcast!!! 😮

WHAT'S HAPPENING?????!!!!????????

Wowser, I'm glad you mentioned that. I'll be careful not to say anything about the broadcast at the meeting tonight. 

I just need to find some way to include seahorses in a comment...😁

Edited by Tortuga

To me, this JWB really stressed how to follow Jesus, but also showed how hard it can be when you're being mistreated, in my eyes. After watching this, I really came to appreciate just how extraordinary a man Jesus was, and why we need to always put on his personality ALL THE TIME.

Its a hard thing to do, to be honest. But its worth it. It helps all your brothers and sisters, especially when times are hard, when they see you doing your best to be like Jesus, they want to be like Jesus. The bothers in the Korean prisons, really benefited from their fellow brothers being like Jesus.

Good JWB. We needed one like this.

2 hours ago, Bob said:

me, this JWB really stressed how to follow Jesus, but also showed how hard it can be when you're being mistreated, in my eyes.

Definitely. This is a hard one. I always try, but will try harder to be more aware of my response in these situations. 

Actually what helped me improve a bit was our Russian family a while ago.  There was a video of them attending a meeting while a bunch of police burst through the front door with masks and guns. It was difficult to watch, but their response to these intruders gave me a lot to think about. 

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)