JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Singing to piano at the kingdom hall

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1723 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

5 hours ago, shali said:

Definitely.  I remember filling in for the regular piano player once or twice also (I don't know how she did it for 3 songs at every meeting - it was nerve wrecking for me when I had to do it, to say the least). 

Yes very nerve wrecking.  I played at our hall for many years. Always a nervous wreck, remember one time the song had 3 verses and I only played 2 , went back and sat down, then noticed everyone was still waiting for the next verse.  Oh, the good old days. 😂

1958 we had a pump organ in our KH. It was military surplus and donated. My future mother-in-law played it like a piano. Prior to getting the organ Br Slaughter played his trumpet to sing along to. 754 Belnap ST, Prineville OR.

My Mother played the piano for meetings in Eureka, CA

For a while my Grandmother played the piano for the Watchtower Study at Brooklyn Bethel. She lost the privilige when she ask another sister to substitute, it was not her perogative to select a substitute.

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I vaguely remember a live piano but I was quite young, I dont remember the Congregation. Maybe Rich or Gary recall?

I, personally, prefer the older piano to the newer orchestra style when it comes to singing. For me, a thoroughly untrained singer, it seemed to be easier to stay on time...

12 hours ago, JehovahLuvs said:

Does anyone here remember singing kingdom melodies to live piano at the kingdom hall?

You are dating yourself! :lol1:

How old are you? approximately....:)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D