JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jehovah’s Witnesses scrambled to safety after member shot outside NC worship hall

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1640 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The "door guard" is also an appointed attendant.  We generally know who is going to pray at different meetings (this is assigned in advance).  So when any attendant is going to be absent or give a part or pray, he is replaced by another brother.  Our door brother only attends his position at the door before the program begins, while the door is unlocked.  At other times the regular attendant in the rear hall area includes opening the door for late-comers as part of his duties (it is locked at this time).

from careful -   "we also have a brother standing in the back during meeting for "service"   ,we do not have anyone at the doors for "service" (field service) meetings 4 congregations meet, 3 at the same time and one(Spanish) 1/2 hr. later, that sounds like a very good thing to do, sounds like another rotation list!

17 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

from careful -   "we also have a brother standing in the back during meeting for "service"   ,we do not have anyone at the doors for "service" (field service) meetings 4 congregations meet, 3 at the same time and one(Spanish) 1/2 hr. later, that sounds like a very good thing to do, sounds like another rotation list!

The elders can review the written instructions from the Branch.  There are extra considerations for multiple congregations but the statement for all circumstances is...  (an approximate citation from confidential material) "when used by smaller groups... meetings for field service, or...cleaning... the doors should remain locked at all times."

The last part in red is a quote.

Edited by jwhess

"the doors should remain locked at all times"^ understood, however I was referring to having a brother stand by the locked doors or in the back at meetings for field service, this is not happening at our KH, especially since we have many coming in late, is this being applied at your KH Brother John, that is posting a brother in the back during field service meetings?

3 hours ago, Lee49 said:

"the doors should remain locked at all times"^ understood, however I was referring to having a brother stand by the locked doors or in the back at meetings for field service, this is not happening at our KH, especially since we have many coming in late, is this being applied at your KH Brother John, that is posting a brother in the back during field service meetings?

I am not exactly sure of your question, sorry.  The printed instructions said, "doors will remain locked at all times" during these field service meetings or video showings of the monthly broadcast or elder meetings or a Bible Study or any such gatherings.  Remain Locked is fairly clear.  You can station a brother to let a late-comer  into the facility.  If I have failed to grasp the meaning of the question, just try again...❤️

7 hours ago, Lee49 said:

At our Kingdom Hall for Field Service meetings:

Midweek:  Doors  locked at 9:00 am and no brother is stationed in the lobby.  
if anyone is late, the wait is short for us to finish and let them in.

1st Saturday of the month:  Doors locked and a brother is stationed in the lobby to let in latecomers since the whole congregation meets together.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2020 at 10:43 AM, Shannie said:

I NEVER miss Meetings... And if I do...which is Extremely Extremely Rare... we listen in by dial-in...My family and I are known for being 1 hour early for Sunday and mid week meeting....others often call me to save seats because I'm always early.

Oh Shannie, 

You  we are so alike - I am there an hour early as well - and often times one will 

ask me to save a seat - and they are usually early ones as well - I love early

On 1/20/2020 at 9:42 AM, EccentricM said:

Amazing she survivied!

Indeed - so glad that sister survived

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)