JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

1 hour ago, SUNRAY said:

I am so sorry to hear this! I am praying for all our brothers and sisters..We all need to be so careful!:heart:

Yes

i already had it months ago

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

BRAZIL IS UNDER SIEGE 

Brazil’s health care system is collapsing under a new strain of Covid-19

As Covid-19 cases and deaths pile up in Brazil, scientists have discovered a new strain of the coronavirus there - one that could potentially be more contagious and lethal. 

Hospitals are out of oxygen and ventilators, and rows and rows of graves are being dug every day. 

News Source: CNN

Portugal has now The original sars virus

and  the three new variants 

b.1.1.1.7 from UK

b.1.3.5.1 from ZA

p.1 from Manaus Brasil

Portugal is the worse country in the World with more cases per inhabitant 

🤦‍♀️🥺🥺🥺🥺

7 hours ago, Sofia said:

Yes, thanks for posting Sofia.  The pandemic will take longer to crush due to this (from the article):

the new variant circulating widely in South Africa showed signs of eluding natural immunity among volunteers who had previously survived an infection with the more common coronavirus strain. The Novavax vaccine was strikingly less effective against that variant, called B.1.351, than against other strains.

“That is something I had not seen before,” Collins said of the reinfection claim. “It is very tentative, and the numbers are not huge, but I would be alarmed if natural infection . . . is not sufficient to provide immunity.”

It will require a much higher threshold of immunised people for herd immunity if the new variants take hold.

“vaccines appear to work well against the B.1.1.7 variant that has spread explosively in southern England and led to drastic lockdowns.

But the good results come with asterisks. The J&J vaccine did not appear to prevent disease quite as well in South Africa and Latin America — places where problematic variants are spreading. And the Novavax data showed a dramatic drop in effectiveness against the B.1.351 variant circulating in South Africa...

The worst case is that if people “continue to be irresponsible,” more transmissible variants will rip across the country and potentially escape vaccines, treatments and naturally acquired immunity.

And then, he said, “we’d have to redesign a completely new vaccine all over again.”

4 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Yes, thanks for posting Sofia.  The pandemic will take longer to crush due to this (from the article):

the new variant circulating widely in South Africa showed signs of eluding natural immunity among volunteers who had previously survived an infection with the more common coronavirus strain. The Novavax vaccine was strikingly less effective against that variant, called B.1.351, than against other strains.

“That is something I had not seen before,” Collins said of the reinfection claim. “It is very tentative, and the numbers are not huge, but I would be alarmed if natural infection . . . is not sufficient to provide immunity.”

It will require a much higher threshold of immunised people for herd immunity if the new variants take hold.

“vaccines appear to work well against the B.1.1.7 variant that has spread explosively in southern England and led to drastic lockdowns.

But the good results come with asterisks. The J&J vaccine did not appear to prevent disease quite as well in South Africa and Latin America — places where problematic variants are spreading. And the Novavax data showed a dramatic drop in effectiveness against the B.1.351 variant circulating in South Africa...

The worst case is that if people “continue to be irresponsible,” more transmissible variants will rip across the country and potentially escape vaccines, treatments and naturally acquired immunity.

And then, he said, “we’d have to redesign a completely new vaccine all over again.”

For us JW this may mean we will have to stay indoors for a long time, perhaps longer than expected.

GB update #1 is so encouraging to make us feel so special in our preaching adjustments :)

13 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

if people “continue to be irresponsible,”

I think we can see this happening before our eyes, so it will inevitably extend the pandemic. The other point is countries not sharing the vaccines. This too will extend the pandemic.

Sigh... It’s going to take a while.  “Your strength will be in keeping calm and showing trust” Is 30:15

Ok, we’ve only just started a 5 day lockdown in Western Australia. And we had a guy refuse to wear a mask after being asked to and offered one by police. 

His defiance cost him dearly. He’s now in jail for 18 days until his court appearance, and in isolation. Police called him a knucklehead. 

No mucking around here! 👍

https://7news.com.au/news/wa/wa-covid-lockdown-man-41-arrested-and-denied-bail-after-refusing-to-wear-face-mask-c-2072817

Good to see the Aussies are enforcing the mandates. If they actually started doing the same on US West Coast, half of the population would be in jail 🤷🏼‍♂️

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

1 hour ago, LoneWanderer said:

Good to see the Aussies are enforcing the mandates. If they actually started doing the same on US West Coast, half of the population would be in jail 🤷🏼‍♂️

American knuckleheads are not just found on this country's West Coast.

American knuckleheads are indigenous to all 50 states.

:)

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

We got knuckleheads in Canada too. A guy out west coast had an illegal bar in his penthouse.

Patrons racked up $17 grand in fines and he was arrested.

We still have that idiot pastor in Aylmer holding in person service.

Orthodox Jews in Montreal continue to disobey masking and capacity rules.

Knuckleheads all of them.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

1 hour ago, AH173 said:

Not surprised. All three elements about to go down always profit off of human misery.  

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

13 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

Not surprised. All three elements about to go down always profit off of human misery.  

What surprises me is that people haven't turned on religion yet.  I mean, stories like this and the child molestation and the way they've treated unwed mothers has been in the news for decades.  Truly shows that it'll be Jehovah putting it into their hearts. 

1 hour ago, Shawnster said:

What surprises me is that people haven't turned on religion yet.  I mean, stories like this and the child molestation and the way they've treated unwed mothers has been in the news for decades.  Truly shows that it'll be Jehovah putting it into their hearts. 

Well, I’m not sure that’s what would do it. Religion’s biggest enemy is apathy.. which is why many, many churches are deliberately catering to people by lowering standards and putting on rock concert-like services to put butts in the seats. 

However, it does look pretty bad when they’re taking taxpayer money while sitting on billions during a pandemic when millions are in real need to the money. 

Edited by Bob

That happened in Australia too, where priests qualified for a government handout called Jobkeeper (to encourage employers to keep their employees on during the pandemic).  

Then the church was asking priests to donate nearly half of their payments back to the Church to improve its financial position. 😳

But others, such as University lecturers and local government employees got nothing. 
https://www.lawyersalliance.com.au/news/jobkeeper-payments-to-priests-improper-and-inappropriate

Dr. Soumya Swaminathan, the World Health Organization's chief scientist, told the Financial Times' Global Boardroom webinar on Wednesday: "I would say in a four to five-year timeframe, we could be looking at controlling this."

Read full article 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/05/14/coronavirus-who-warns-it-could-take-up-to-5-years-to-control-pandemic.html

This article is about a year old but its encouraging because we have already done a year so there are only about 3 or four years left until we may start to getting back to normal.

It will be nice to meet together in the flesh or have an assembly again in 2024 or 2025...

Edited by sunshine

3 minutes ago, pnutts said:

Yup. We had announcement that won't be RC this year Nor 2022, maybe 2023 at earliest.

I know.  Of course the masks and the social distancing will continue (it will be weird to be in the kingdom Hall with everyone in masks) but if will be better than nothing.  And by 2025 we will be used to it.

15 hours ago, pnutts said:

Yup. We had announcement that won't be RC this year Nor 2022, maybe 2023 at earliest.

Did they say no "Regional" convention OR no "Special" - like internatinal Conventions for 2022?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Perth’s snap 5 day lockdown has ended with no more new cases, but we are still required to wear masks if we leave the house at all times until mid February. 

Commissioner Dawson said officers had also charged burglars in Perth for not covering their face.

He said the accused were both stealing and breaching COVID-19 laws.

"I've never done that before in my career — told burglars you've got to wear a mask, but they do," he said.

"It sounds really wacko, but they were actually breaching two laws."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-08/man-arrested-for-allegedly-threatening-hotel-quarantine-guards/13131578image.png.60df918afecfcdf9e31a575d3130335b.png

And over here we have all kinds of reports about possible superspreader events related to the superbowl! 🙄

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

COVID-19 in Ohio: State reports 1,926 new cases in last 24 hours, lowest number reported since Nov. 4

https://www.whio.com/news/local/coronavirus-over-300-new-hospitalizations-7271-cases-reported-thursday/CHROPCTSI7D2JVPMULWVY3CLEQ/

MIAMI VALLEY — Ohio’s steady decline in new COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations continued Monday with the state reporting less than 2,000 new cases in 24 hours for the first time since mid-October.

The last day Ohio reported a sub-2,000 new case day was data for Oct. 18, with 1,837 cases report for that day.

Let's see what happens in the next 2 weeks as Super Bowl party numbers start showing up.