JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

That's not even calculating the holiday parties... Like this one:

Gilbert homeowner and hosts could face criminal charges after having huge NYE party

Hundreds of kids partied at a Gilbert home on New Year's Eve, and now the hosts and homeowner could end up in court facing criminal charges.

Arizona's Family first told you about this party last week after the hosts were caught selling tickets to the event on Venmo.
https://www.azfamily.com/news/continuing_coverage/coronavirus_coverage/gilbert-homeowner-and-hosts-could-face-criminal-charges-after-having-huge-nye-party/article_0cc96418-4f03-11eb-9598-0b16f0df921f.amp.html

Here it comes....

https://amp.azcentral.com/amp/6579773002

Overloaded hospitals see more COVID-19 patients as Arizona reports 9,913 new cases, 297 deaths

Arizona reported more than 9,900 new COVID-19 cases and nearly 300 new known deaths on Thursday as hospitals are overloaded by an unprecedented and growing number of patients with the virus.

The state's seven-day new-case average ranks highest nationwide for the third day in a row, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's COVID Data Tracker as of Wednesday.

Arizona's rate of new positive cases over the last seven days was 118.3 cases per 100,000 people. The next-highest state behind Arizona was California, with a rate of 95.9 new cases per 100,000 people over the last seven days, per the CDC. The U.S. average for new cases is 65.7 cases per 100,000 people.

The state reported more than 17,200 new cases on Sunday, the highest number of new COVID-19 cases reported in a single day since the pandemic began, toppling the state's previous record from Dec. 8 by nearly 5,000 cases. The record follows the Christmas and New Year's holiday weekends.

All regions to start in Phase 1 of Gov. Inslee's new 'Healthy Washington' plan Monday | king5.com  Governor of Washington State announced a new opening plan.  We were under lockdown during December until today.  I don't know if I've mentioned it.  But he's been allowing worship services as long as the building is filled only to 25% capacity and if they follow other guidelines.  This is still going to be allowed.   My Mormon Chiropractor says they're meeting in person and their buildings are large so it's easy to have 25% capacity.  He did say they stream it live for those that feel uncomfortable coming.  But of course we're still meeting entirely on Zoom to be safe as directed by the governing body.  My chiropractor said it's good that we're trying to be responsible.

Edited by JW2017

9 minutes ago, JW2017 said:

All regions to start in Phase 1 of Gov. Inslee's new 'Healthy Washington' plan Monday | king5.com  Governor of Washington State announced a new opening plan.  We were under lockdown during December until today.  I don't know if I've mentioned it.  But he's been allowing worship services as long as the building is filled only to 25% capacity and if they follow other guidelines.  This is still going to be allowed.   My Mormon Chiropractor says they're meeting in person and their buildings are large so it's easy to have 25% capacity.  He did say they stream it live for those that feel uncomfortable coming.  But of course we're still meeting entirely on Zoom to be safe as directed by the governing body.  My chiropractor said it's good that we're trying to be responsible.

Nice witnessing

On 1/7/2021 at 11:49 PM, Tbs77 said:

Here it comes....

https://amp.azcentral.com/amp/6579773002

Overloaded hospitals see more COVID-19 patients as Arizona reports 9,913 new cases, 297 deaths

Arizona reported more than 9,900 new COVID-19 cases and nearly 300 new known deaths on Thursday as hospitals are overloaded by an unprecedented and growing number of patients with the virus.

The state's seven-day new-case average ranks highest nationwide for the third day in a row, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's COVID Data Tracker as of Wednesday.

Arizona's rate of new positive cases over the last seven days was 118.3 cases per 100,000 people. The next-highest state behind Arizona was California, with a rate of 95.9 new cases per 100,000 people over the last seven days, per the CDC. The U.S. average for new cases is 65.7 cases per 100,000 people.

The state reported more than 17,200 new cases on Sunday, the highest number of new COVID-19 cases reported in a single day since the pandemic began, toppling the state's previous record from Dec. 8 by nearly 5,000 cases. The record follows the Christmas and New Year's holiday weekends.

We also had the highest Sunday since April 2020 a couple of days ago here in the UK. Tough times ahead I think. 

On 1/6/2021 at 8:51 AM, rocket said:

Sadly now 8% of our Congregation have contracted the Corona Virus.  The last brother that got it didn't believe that it was as bad as it is made out to be in the news.  His family came up from California to Oregon to visit and brought the virus with them.  No masks, no social distancing and now he is on oxygen fighting for his life. All that on top of fighting cancer.  If he survives, hopefully he will take it seriously.

That number was not accurate,  we now have 14% of the Congregation that has been infected with Covid-19 in the last 3 months. 3 ended up in the hospital with pneumonia or as on old friend would say, "newmownhay."  All are home now, some with persisting symptoms.  Some brought it home from work and infected the whole family. some were infected by caregivers and a few were infected by visiting relatives. Some infections may have been preventable if people would have been following guidelines set out by the State and the Branch to wear mask, social distancing and keeping your bubble of associates small.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Someone at work mentioned this: In South Africa, 2000 teachers will not be starting school this year - they’ve died from Covid 😱

I know the numbers are horrific for you in UK, USA and other places. But this just put it in perspective for me. Imagine how many children would be affected by this? Losing your teacher in death, (not to mention others close to you), would be so emotionally scarring.

https://www.iol.co.za/weekend-argus/entertainment/movies/news/thousands-of-teachers-succumb-to-covid-19-c045336f-8ad8-468e-b887-2cc55e00479a

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/13/moderna-ceo-says-the-world-will-have-to-live-with-the-coronavirus-forever.html

Moderna CEO says the world will have to live with Covid ‘forever’

KEY POINTS

Stephane Bancel, CEO of Covid-19 vaccine maker Moderna, warned Wednesday that the virus will be around “forever.”

Public health officials and infectious disease experts have said there is a high likelihood that Covid-19 will become an endemic disease, meaning it will be present at all times, though likely at lower levels than it is now.

“SARS-CoV-2 is not going away,” Bancel said during a panel discussion at the JPMorgan Healthcare Conference.

On 1/12/2021 at 8:06 AM, hatcheckgirl said:

Someone at work mentioned this: In South Africa, 2000 teachers will not be starting school this year - they’ve died from Covid 😱

I know the numbers are horrific for you in UK, USA and other places. But this just put it in perspective for me. Imagine how many children would be affected by this? Losing your teacher in death, (not to mention others close to you), would be so emotionally scarring.

https://www.iol.co.za/weekend-argus/entertainment/movies/news/thousands-of-teachers-succumb-to-covid-19-c045336f-8ad8-468e-b887-2cc55e00479a

A lot of kids are not learning online schools while staying home on their computers. It is all screw up.  

2 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

A lot of kids are not learning online schools while staying home on their computers. It is all screw up.  

I don't have kids in school but work around people who do. The successful kids have parents that lead by example and help them adjust. Then of course we have the small population of kids who are self driven and succeed despite adversity. The others who don't do well could very well be those who don't do well even in structured school. Seems like its always about percentages. Do I have a link for my supposition? No, simple deduction from years of observing people. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8291869/Obese-people-risk-coronavirus-fat-cells-infection-targets.html UPDATED:  May 2020

The reason why obese people may be more at risk of dying from coronavirus could be because their fat cells make large amounts of a protein used by the infection to infiltrate human cells.

The coronavirus - scientifically called SARS-CoV-2 - latches onto ACE-2 receptors, known as the 'gateway' into cells inside body.

Fat cells express ACE-2 receptors, which experts say may explain why obese people have higher odds of suffering a severe bout of COVID-19. 

ACE-2 is also expressed in the fat cells of people with type 2 diabetes - another high-risk health condition driven by obesity.

They mention on tonight's TV news that doctors/scientists are trying to determine if there may be a "US variant" like there is a UK one  :eek: 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/23-dead-norway-coronavirus-vaccine  January 15, 2021

Twenty-three people die in Norway within days of receiving Pfizer coronavirus vaccine. All 13 deceased nursing home patients were over the age of 80 years old.

In addition to those who died, nine other Norwegians reportedly suffered serious side effects from the vaccine, including allergic reactions, strong discomfort and severe fever.

“Doctors must now carefully consider who should be vaccinated,” he added. “Those who are very frail and at the very end of life can be vaccinated after an individual assessment.”

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/01/17

Thousands of troops arrive in Washington, without widespread testing

In recent days, tens of thousands of National Guard troops have flooded into Washington from across the country to protect lawmakers and ensure a smooth transition to the next administration.

The soldiers — several times more troops than are deployed to Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia and Syria — may also be dealing with another risk: the coronavirus. At least 43 troops deployed to Washington contracted the virus, The Military Times reported, though none while on duty in the city, according to Air Force Capt. Tinashe T. Machona.

As many of you may know COVID 19 is hitting hard here in Portugal. This is the country now with more cases/million habitants 

our PM addressed the nation.

he just stated “this is not the time to celebrate birthdays...”

All over Portuguese are very upset and blame Christmas and New Years celebrations for this giant surge of COVID-19.

Doesn’t this sounds interesting? Jehovah protects its people even on details.

I d like to ad a new I read last week

Cientists all over the World concluded it’s useless to use plasma for COVID-19 severe ill patients. The outcome of non takers was the same of those who took plasma from recovered patients supposed full of antibodies

this practice is now discontinued and plasma stored was wasted away.

I m so pleased to have Jehovah s care and insight. Through the fds  we feel His protection and loving care.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 1/15/2021 at 9:44 PM, On the huh said:

Exactly

my Comments were about this new

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

On 1/14/2021 at 12:02 PM, Lee49 said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/13/moderna-ceo-says-the-world-will-have-to-live-with-the-coronavirus-forever.html

Moderna CEO says the world will have to live with Covid ‘forever’

KEY POINTS

Stephane Bancel, CEO of Covid-19 vaccine maker Moderna, warned Wednesday that the virus will be around “forever.”

Public health officials and infectious disease experts have said there is a high likelihood that Covid-19 will become an endemic disease, meaning it will be present at all times, though likely at lower levels than it is now.

“SARS-CoV-2 is not going away,” Bancel said during a panel discussion at the JPMorgan Healthcare Conference.

Very true words

unless the virus develops severe mutations called “deletions” on certain parts of its genome called ORFs this can be true

However we trust Jehovah will permit this until he wants

like Job wasn’t killed by Satan but Jehovah permited his suffer 

This pandemic can end if Jehovah wants and interferes for his purpose

i believe this because neither a Third World War can happen to destroy humans

not a severe pandemic can destroy humans

Spanish flu ended up suddenly in 1919 

after affecting 1/3 humankind

we must keep safe and wait to see the outcome

i don’t believe in vaccines efficacy in time to prevent a huge dramatic spread around the World

lets keep calm trust Jehovah and obey the GB instructions to stay safe

please correct me if I’m wrong

Covid causing craziness...you tell me

https://apple.news/AWJ2ZGhPVRIGr0g-yk4HkKA

Man found living in Chicago airport for three months 'due to fear of Covid'

Aditya Singh allegedly stayed in secure area of O’Hare international airport after becoming too afraid to return home to California

Makes me wonder about how TSA 👮🏻‍♂️ ever let this go for 3 months.

Can’t have a 4 Oz toothpaste container get on board a plane but miss someone like this for three months? 🤦‍♀️

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”