JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

Another 'post covid' problem...

What is avascular necrosis, a post-Covid-19 complication that has ‘astounded the medical community’? | Lifestyle News, The Indian Express

https://indianexpress.com/article/lifestyle/health/avascular-necrosis-osteonecrosis-post-covid-19-complication-bone-hip-tissue-symptoms-causes-treatment-prevention-steroids-long-covid-8373314/

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone

WHO officials recommend mask-wearing for travel in light of XBB.1.5, stop short of endorsing travel checks

And if you travel: 

Edited by Shawnster

This reminds me of Bro David Splane 's talk at 2022 convention - Safeguard our uniting bond of peace. 

It would be nice to see and feel it in this topic. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

2 hours ago, Luisabola said:

A little update: my husband recovered well from covid. Was poorly for about a week and just left him with a lingering cough. 

That's good news! I  had a similar experience with Covid.I was hoping it was the new strain, to get that out of the way.

Where I work Covid has totally died down, we have no one on the Covid floor since the middle of December.

I'm happy because I had to take their vitals everyday while they were sick.

My next door neighbor died of Covid a couple days before Christmas though. It's so hard to believe. He used to always bring us pies to my back door and when I was pregnant he brought me flowers. He also used to let me plant a garden on his empty lot next to our house. I'll miss him.I hope I'll see him in paradise.

Anyone else notice the update to the JW Library app today?

I’ve never noticed any disclaimers before on updates, and the following paragraphs stood out to me:

6. MEDICAL INFORMATION

The content of this Application that contains any medical information or references (“Medical Information”) is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice, nor is it intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. The Medical Information does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned in the Medical Information.

The Medical Information is not designed, intended, or authorized for use in connection with any medical or life-saving or life-sustaining decisions, systems, or procedures, or for any other application or purpose. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health-care provider with any question you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment. This Application assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of any Medical Information. Reliance on any Medical Information is solely at your own risk.”

35 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

6. MEDICAL INFORMATION

The content of this Application that contains any medical information or references

Is it about all the information on the jw library app and jw.org? 

*The message doesnt come up on my phone.

Edited by Kitty

33 minutes ago, Kitty said:

Is it about all the information on the jw library app and jw.org? 

*The message doesnt come up on my phone.

it is for the JW Library app.

I had the same problem as you, it doesn’t show up yet on my phone app, but it showed up today on my iPad. I think it’s just still loading on servers, so it should show up on the phone later today.

27 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

it is for the JW Library app.

I had the same problem as you, it doesn’t show up yet on my phone app, but it showed up today on my iPad. I think it’s just still loading on servers, so it should show up on the phone later today.

It happens when your JWLibrary app gets the latest update .

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

3 minutes ago, trottigy said:

It happens when your JWLibrary app gets the latest update .

I have Android devices..since my setting in the Play Store is not to auto-update apps, I have to check to see if there is an update for JW Library. I saw there was, and updated. So, when I opened the app, that is when I saw the terms of use we have to read and accept.

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

7 minutes ago, zoebarry said:
3 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Heading off any potential lawsuits.  Such a crooked and litigious generation. 

What reason would the brothers need to be worried about potential law suits?

Because we live in a crooked and litigious generation. Americans are particularly a sue-happy bunch. 

For example, someone may read this sentence but not the whole subheading...

*** g86 9/8 pp. 8-9 Mental Illness—Is There a Cure? ***

Interestingly, sugar, wheat, milk, and lead, as well as vitamin deficiencies, have all been implicated as perpetrators of emotional disturbances. This raises the possibility of a nutritional treatment for schizophrenia. 

They then stop taking their prescription meds and instead decide what they really need is to take vitamins and eat keto. Soon after the meds are no longer in their system, they attempt suicide. Then this person or his family tries to sue "Watchtower" for putting it into his head that sugar was the culprit, lol. The article never says this, and they would have seen that if they kept reading instead of cherry-picking.

CarnivoreTalk.com - my health coaching website. youtube.png/@CarnivoreTalk - My latest YouTube project

16 minutes ago, Kitty said:

Do you think that families would try to sue our organization  if they have an adverse reaction to the Covid19 vaccines after following the reccomendations of the Governing Body? 

I've never seen their reccomendations in writing , I just heard it on a couple of previous GB updates.

Spiritually mature ones would not sue us. They recognize that the Governing Body only ever spoke the truth, namely, that the Covid vaccines are generally safe and effective in reducing your risk for severe case of the disease, but it is up to each individual to make their own medical decisions. They have always been very clear about that latter part, as even our members who are apprehensive of the vaccine like to point out. Such statements spoken of in the videos and often printed in our articles and now part of our app and websites TOS protect us. 

Now the unbelieving families of brothers or sisters who may have unfortunately experienced an adverse reaction may think differently, just like they will sometimes try to sue us when a brother or sisters dies faithfully after refusing a blood transfusion.

CarnivoreTalk.com - my health coaching website. youtube.png/@CarnivoreTalk - My latest YouTube project

5 hours ago, zoebarry said:

6. MEDICAL INFORMATION

The content of this Application that contains any medical information or references (“Medical Information”) is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice, nor is it intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. The Medical Information does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned in the Medical Information.

Yes, I wondered the same. But, it makes sense to have it upfront like this, especially legally. It’s always been stated in our publications, as we know. I’ve just included links with a similar disclaimer from a couple of articles discussing different ailments. So, I do not think it’s because of anything mentioned about covid specifically. That update also mentioned about sharing and posting images and articles on social media. It covers a lot of legal stuff, and especially in the wake of making it stronger for the organisation to pursue legal recourse for songs etc that have been released on Xmas albums (not going to mention the one, but we all know about that horrible incident). So, it’s a protection for the organisation.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/library/r1/lp-e/all-publications/awake/awake-1999/january-22
Awake! does not endorse any particular treatment. Christians should make their own decision, being sure that any treatment they pursue doesnot conflict with Bible principles. Others should not be critical or judgmental of such decisions.

For more information about how to assist anorexics and bulimics, see the article “Helping Those With Eating Disorders,” in the February 22, 1992, issue of Awake!, and the series “Eating Disorders—What Can Be Done?,” in the December 22, 1990, issue.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/library/r1/lp-e/all-publications/watchtower/the-watchtower-2015/public-edition/july-1
This magazine does not endorse any particular medical treatment. Christians should make sure that any treatment they pursue does not conflict with Bible principles. See also the article “How to Help Those With Anxiety Disorders,” in the March 2012 issue of Awake! available online at www.jw.org.

On 1/14/2023 at 4:45 AM, hatcheckgirl said:

That’s so very sad Kitty. This disease is so arbitrary at times. We don’t know how it will go, but we do know it will end. Thanks to Jehovah we can endure this

So true.  This disease is arbitrary.   I don't understand why this post from NYC health says if you have had covid or vac you are more likely to get infected.   I understand previous covid or vac will not stop me from getting infected but does lesson illness. But don't understand why more likely to become infected?  

Only Jehovah will end this in his do time!

https://twitter.com/nycHealthy/status/1613913360352903171?s=20&t=kFVU47IhKOD3TZrtAuAbgw

2 hours ago, ladybug said:

So true.  This disease is arbitrary.   I don't understand why this post from NYC health says if you have had covid or vac you are more likely to get infected.   I understand previous covid or vac will not stop me from getting infected but does lesson illness. But don't understand why more likely to become infected?  

https://twitter.com/nycHealthy/status/1613913360352903171?s=20&t=kFVU47IhKOD3TZrtAuAbgw

It is probable a mistatement. Here are the #s from that site:

image.thumb.png.1e31ab8feb6a8d013e7549de0abe54ba.png

https://www.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-data.page

Look at how much HIGHER the infection, hospitalizations and deaths are for the unvaccinated. The KEY is comparing the PERCENTAGE not the actual number without considering the portion of the population that is or is not vaccinated.

There doesn't seem much difference for boosted or not - at least in NYC.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

3 hours ago, ladybug said:

I don't believe it is saying that one is more likely to get Omicron subvariant XBB.1.5 if one is vaccinated or had Covid in the past vrs not being vaccinated.  I think it is saying that one is more likely to get subvariant XBB.1.5 vrs other variants.

nychealthy goes one to say:

Getting vaccinated and getting the updated booster is still the best way to protect yourself from hospitalization and death from COVID-19, including from these new variants. Get your updated booster today:

From what i've heard in the news, they say that the subvariant XBB.1.5 is many times more contagious than other variants but there is no evidence to date that it causes more hospitalizations or death among those who are vaccinated.

Edited by rocket

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

1 hour ago, trottigy said:

It is probable a mistatement. Here are the #s from that site:

Brother,  thank you for the information.    With the wording of the tweet being a probable mistake, I would hope the agency would corrected it because it may cause confusion.    I guess people don't proofread any more.