JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

13 hours ago, runner92 said:

I always find it funny when some on here say "right leaning"/"left leaning" as if that's supposed to matter. They all play games. 

Yup. They both be crazy.

But sometimes you can easily tell who listens and watches to what by the non-neutral things they post, and how they will viciously defend biased or erroneous information or be quick to share illegitimate news as long as it already supports their views. If one is outwardly left-leaning or right-leaning, they're not looking so politically neutral.

11 hours ago, vern said:

from what i understand right means status quo no change.

left means wants change.

Basically. In U.S. politics, the Right wants less government involvement in people's lives, and the Left wants more government involvement in people's lives.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/14/2023 at 6:00 PM, Kitty said:

Do you think that families would try to sue our organization  if they have an adverse reaction to the Covid19 vaccines after following the reccomendations of the Governing Body? 

I've never seen their reccomendations in writing , I just heard it on a couple of previous GB updates.

Unfortunately that could be the case even though as mentioned GB always said medical matters are a personal matter. 

I find it interesting though we have not heard the word vaccine on any JW broadcasting videos in some months. As more and new information comes out , wondering if they have seen some of the adverse reactions and reconsidered their stance? 

On 3/5/2023 at 8:38 PM, Loyal said:

When I hear about Left and Right in politics, I imagine Satan's right hand and Satan's left hand, that is, part of the same body.

Allegedly a saying among Native Americans* : "It doesn't matter whether it's the left wing and the right wing, they are part of the same bird"

Whether the saying really originates from Native Americans or from any particular tribe or not, I don't know. I think it's a great quote nonetheless.

“He who knows patience knows peace.” — Chinese Proverb

1 hour ago, Loyal said:

I found out that the WHO, changes recommendation on vaccine booster dose. Does anyone have more information? Will it no longer be necessary to take a booster dose? Is the end of the global pandemic coming?

Yes apparently today WHO is offering new guidance. 

https://www.who.int/news/item/28-03-2023-sage-updates-covid-19-vaccination-guidance

5 hours ago, Jimmy said:

As more and new information comes out , wondering if they have seen some of the adverse reactions and reconsidered their stance? 

What stance would that be? 

5 hours ago, Jimmy said:

even though as mentioned GB always said medical matters are a personal matter. 

This is the stance, no?  What different stance would he GB take other than this? 

Jehovah's Witnesses are not required to take the vaccine.  Nor are we required to avoid the vaccine. Vaccination is a personal decision. 

On 1/15/2023 at 12:00 PM, Kitty said:

Do you think that families would try to sue our organization  if they have an adverse reaction to the Covid19 vaccines after following the reccomendations of the Governing Body? 

I've never seen their reccomendations in writing , I just heard it on a couple of previous GB updates.

If I recall the GB updates correctly, they said something to the effect that 99% of the Bethel family were vaccinated, and that many have done well to follow the COVID precautions that Bethel took, which included vaccination. 

There was also another GB update that featured an experience of sisters in Bulgaria who got jobs because they were COVID vaccinated. The unvaccinated workers were fired. It was said to be a "fine witness", presumably to the employer.

But did the GB actually recommend taking COVID vaccines? I think it was made clear that vaccination was a personal decision.

How is mask-wearing tendency over there in your countries?

In Korea, all mask regulations have been removed and all are free to wear or un-wear.

But 90 percent of people still wear masks, (including non-JWs) maybe because they are still afraid they’ll get COVID-19ish. 

and also largely because they like anonymity.. Many Koreans and Japanese people are quite shy and would like their faces to be concealed rather than revealed.  

Edited by Hotteok

Mask mandates are off, even in health settings like doctors clinics, so it’s up to us to make a personal decision. The recommendation is to wear a mask if there are crowds or indoors in a confined space.

But hardly anyone wears one, even at the hall. I recently came back from holidays and caught 4 planes in 2 weeks. I was basically the only one wearing a mask. It’s all optional now.

An elder and his wife came back from being in Monserrat for 2 months (?) helping the congregation there and joining in the ministry. Anyway, his wife ended up with covid. She’s doing ok, still after affects, though.

Then her husband, and his 90 something mom came down with it. 

All of us were so afraid that his 95 year old dad would get it. He did. But he seems to be doing fine. 

All were on zoom for the meeting tonight. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

2 minutes ago, Loopy said:

An elder and his wife came back from being in Monserrat for 2 months (?) helping the congregation there and joining in the ministry. Anyway, his wife ended up with covid. She’s doing ok, still after affects, though.

Then her husband, and his 90 something mom came down with it. 

All of us were so afraid that his 95 year old dad would get it. He did. But he seems to be doing fine. 

All were on zoom for the meeting tonight. 

So Covid willl never go away then?

11 hours ago, just1-4all said:

Allegedly a saying among Native Americans* : "The left wing and the right wing are part of the same bird"

Whether the saying really originates from Native Americans or from any particular tribe or not, I don't know. I think it's a great quote nonetheless.

Edit: quote was a bit off

Also, I couldn't track down the quotes origin, seems a bit murky who coined the phrase. Even Bing Chat was not sure where it came from. [reader insert tongue-in-cheek emoji here]

“He who knows patience knows peace.” — Chinese Proverb

7 hours ago, Hotteok said:

How is mask-wearing tendency over there in your countries?

All covid protocols have ended. I'd say maybe 5% of the people still wear a mask. The only time I wore a mask recently was when I was sick with Covid (my experience was a very, very minor cold). 

5 hours ago, JennyM said:

No, it will never go away, just like Influenza has never gone away. We will simply learn to live with this just like we live with all the other viruses out there 

7 hours ago, JennyM said:

Probably not, hon, its here till armagedom 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

8 hours ago, JennyM said:

Not all. Most arent. I dont know if I got in there but after Sunday assembly,Monday morning, I feel like Im having a clogged nose. Now Wednesday and its getting worse. 

A sister called me today crying that she has got covid at the meeting. She decided to quit the mask and now she´s ill with COVID. She feels very sick and mad because of her attitude. Im doing my best to help her coping both physically and psychologically. Now almost every member of that congregation has covid 😕

Get well soon dear Jen.

Hugs  

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

7 hours ago, Imagine said:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00396-2

A Nature survey shows many scientists expect the virus that causes COVID-19 to become endemic, but it could pose less danger over time.

Yes, less dangerous. But when a person gets it for the first time it´s not easy. After 3 , 4 or more times the infections tends to become milder. Unless the variant has too many mutations.

Lately there hasnt been many mutations seen. 

Most variants are converging to a comum type. 

Some are even combining themselves.

The infamous Delta variant has recombined with omicron leading to some cases of more severe disease. 

Those variants´ names start by X.