JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

COVID-19 was declared a pandemic on March 11, 2020.

September 2023 will be 3.5 years. Its amazing how fast time flies by...

It was such a great relief to me that as we moved through this last 3 years and restrictions lifted the GB could again start directing the public ministry.

The time where it all stopped and we had to do our own 'personal' ministry via letter writing etc. just felt so weird to me....it was like we were rudderless.

Still the GB couldn't legally direct us anywhere globally because of the covid restrictions coupled with GDPR (and similar local) laws - strange times we've lived through, I think this time will be written about as greatly significant in future publications about the history of Jehovah's people 🤔

1 hour ago, Dages said:

I like how you think...

1290 days? :D

From 11-03-2020 till 22-09-2023

goes 1290 days 😁

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 hours ago, Frances Bennett said:

Still the GB couldn't legally direct us anywhere globally because of the covid restrictions coupled with GDPR (and similar local) laws - strange times we've lived through, I think this time will be written about as greatly significant in future publications about the history of Jehovah's people 🤔

Yes, weird times indeed.  But I think it shows how everything stayed functional, while worldly entities struggled or failed. What a contrast between how we managed under these conditions, and how the world did. We didn’t feel rudderless, but knew that we were living through something momentous, prophecy fulfilled before our eyes.

I know for you brothers and sisters in Europe, it was more challenging with the data rules, but it gave us each individually a chance to really rely on Jehovah in our ministry, sort of like when the brothers preach who are under ban.

And maybe a lot of our letters weren’t read by the householders. I found it very satisfying to actually able to write what we never get a chance to say at the doors, really use the scriptures, and share the good news. That was personally enriching, and has helped me now we are back to door to door. So maybe all that witnessing by other means “saved us” from becoming stale and unproductive.

In any case, looking back, we all came out stronger spiritually, even if some suffered loss in health or loss of loved ones. We could see in hindsight how well Jehovah guarded his people. And doesn’t that bolster faith that he surely will do so during the GT?

26 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

And doesn’t that bolster faith that he surely will do so during the GT?

Pandemic has prepared us for GT for sure

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

6 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I know for you brothers and sisters in Europe, it was more challenging with the data rules, but it gave us each individually a chance to really rely on Jehovah in our ministry, sort of like when the brothers preach who are under ban.

And maybe a lot of our letters weren’t read by the householders. I found it very satisfying to actually able to write what we never get a chance to say at the doors, really use the scriptures, and share the good news. That was personally enriching, and has helped me now we are back to door to door. 

Yes it was challenging indeed, and it did feel like we were under ban. There was great emphasis put on it being our "personal" ministry and our "personal" responsibility you're right, that greatly strengthened my reliance on Jehovah one to one, as opposed to through our organisation, which is a real blessing,  a preparation and has lead to an advancement in spiritual maturity for me, I feel, and for many of my dear friends- because ultimately it will be that individual, personal relationship with Jehovah that gets us through.

Initially I found it tough not getting responses, wondering if there was any point. Then I switched to writing things that encouraged a heart response, or a response that was just between the householder and Jehovah - like I would often write explaining what prayer really was and its benefits - and I like to think that a few of the people who read my letters might have prayed for the first time as a result, and Jehovah will always respond...who knows where that could lead. I'll never know, of course, but I can imagine and hope :)

12 hours ago, Sofia said:

From 11-03-2020 till 22-09-2023

goes 1290 days 😁

Yeah, I've been ready for a while with these speculations :D 
but is it from the pandemic announcement or even the month before when we were preparing and sheltering already ? :D wait and see, heh?
image.png.32524fd0fec0cf0b6ff0b08b7ea85145.png

Edited by Dages

35 minutes ago, Dages said:

Yeah, I've been ready for a while with these speculations :D 
but is it from the pandemic announcement or even the month before when we were preparing and sheltering already ? :D wait and see, heh?
image.png.32524fd0fec0cf0b6ff0b08b7ea85145.png

The 1290 days start to be counted from the date of the end of constant feature and setting in place of the disgusting thing that causes desolation. 
this has nothing to do with pandemic covid 19. UN wasn’t set up on 2020

🙄
So off topic 😘

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

The 1290 days start to be counted from the date of the end of constant feature and setting in place of the disgusting thing that causes desolation. 
this has nothing to do with pandemic covid 19. UN wasn’t set up on 2020

🙄
So off topic 😘

I know I know... I'm just testing stuff for fun :D 
I also have one ready for the current date :lol1:
image.png.8aa1245291b68fdabf535996bd2fd52b.png

By now so far no new variants

The virus is circulating with low levels of new mutations which tend to converge to a comum type

it seems the pandemic is over

we can see clusters in one place over another 

this is endemic’s 

an infection limitated to a certain area but not limitated in time. It can continue for ever in such locations

15 minutes ago, vern said:

used essential oils to combat it and it helped. 

Coronavirus hates tea tree oil.

i use it often and frankincense 

4 hours ago, vern said:

pretty sure i had a low grade something that lasted over three weeks with fatigue... i used essential oils to combat it and it helped.  oragano/thyme/tumeric/glove

Oregano oil is great for flus/colds. I use it often for the family.

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

16 hours ago, Sofia said:

By now so far no new variants

The virus is circulating with low levels of new mutations which tend to converge to a comum type

it seems the pandemic is over

we can see clusters in one place over another 

this is endemic’s 

an infection limitated to a certain area but not limitated in time. It can continue for ever in such locations

In our area around Victoria BC 3 congregations switched to Zoom as they averaged about 30 infections in each congregation. Ouch!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2023 at 2:26 AM, Miss Bea said:

Oregano oil

On 4/15/2023 at 2:26 AM, Miss Bea said:

And I thought I’d die from it

Yup. That sounds like oregeno oil. There are other nasty 'natural' tasting oils out there too.🙃🤪

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

2 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

Sofia, how do you use tea tree oil for Coronavirus? I read that it is toxic to ingest..

I ingested 2 drops in a tablespoon of olive oil or honey every 4-6 hours in acute onset of symptoms 

i used pure in my sore throat 

the relief was immediate.

2 weeks out from when I got covid and still having longterm symptoms... Going to have to discuss possible long covid issues with my dr ❤️ Gatorade and pickle juice are also helpful with hydration and electrolyte balance.

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

3 hours ago, cricket246 said:

2 weeks out from when I got covid and still having longterm symptoms... Going to have to discuss possible long covid issues with my dr ❤️ Gatorade and pickle juice are also helpful with hydration and electrolyte balance.

I got long covid from the first and the third time

this last time I did nt 

it seems my body has learned how to get rid of this virus “carcasses “

those are responsible for it

sometimes it’s the spike others it’s the envelope from the virus that takes longer to be cleansed 

hang in there

i won’t post here treatments 

but if you want to know how I got well text me private message

🤗😘

Edited by Sofia

6 hours ago, Sofia said:

I ingested 2 drops in a tablespoon of olive oil or honey every 4-6 hours in acute onset of symptoms 

i used pure in my sore throat 

the relief was immediate.

I would be very careful in using tea tree oil internally: https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements-tea-tree-oil/art-20364246

Keep safe

Percy

5 hours ago, Percy said:

I would be very careful in using tea tree oil internally: https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements-tea-tree-oil/art-20364246

Keep safe

Percy

It was recommended by a doctor 

I’m fine 

thank you 🙏💖