JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

2 hours ago, Shawnster said:

All covid protocols have ended. I'd say maybe 5% of the people still wear a mask. The only time I wore a mask recently was when I was sick with Covid (my experience was a very, very minor cold). 

No, it will never go away, just like Influenza has never gone away. We will simply learn to live with this just like we live with all the other viruses out there 

32 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Probably not, hon, its here till armagedom 

I regret not wearing mask during the assembly last Sunday. feels like clogged nose early monday morning then now wednesday after midweek, I have a terrible headache.. I already got booster of covid vaccine.. Im sneezing often... .. Now I have to wear mask at home. 

I haven’t worn a mask for awhile now.  I have never had covid.  We are off to Bali in June and one of the requirements from the Bali government is you must have received a minimum of 2 doses of Covid vaccine.  Unless you show your international vaccination certificate you cannot board the plane.  So as was a requirement many years ago for particular vaccinations eg Malaria etc to enter certain countries they now include covid vaccine.  Glad I chose to be covid vaccinated especially after hearing from the GB those many months ago.  

9 minutes ago, MullumMiss said:

I haven’t worn a mask for awhile now.  I have never had covid.  We are off to Bali in June and one of the requirements from the Bali government is you must have received a minimum of 2 doses of Covid vaccine.  Unless you show your international vaccination certificate you cannot board the plane.  So as was a requirement many years ago for particular vaccinations eg Malaria etc to enter certain countries they now include covid vaccine.  Glad I chose to be covid vaccinated especially after hearing from the GB those many months ago.  

I'd advise wearing a mask on ANY public transport, especially airplanes.  That recirculated air is prime for spreading all sorts of germs - not only Covid.  It would be terrible to be down with some virus during your holiday! :)

3 minutes ago, Hope said:

I'd advise wearing a mask on ANY public transport, especially airplanes.  That recirculated air is prime for spreading all sorts of germs - not only Covid.  It would be terrible to be down with some virus during your holiday! :)

I have a special mask just for plane travel.  Not your average disposable one.  I bought it back in 2019 long before covid for overseas plane travel.  It protects you from breathing in the recirculated air.😎

I think it’s wise to still wear masks in certain settings. Like crowded airports and in planes, or public transport. But it’s up to us to make the call. We just do what we personally think is best in the situation.

At my sister's first in-person circuit assembly back in February, she and mum wore masks, but the majority didn’t. There was covid circulating in the crowd and some got sick - they didn’t. It doesn’t always protect us, but the mask helps to lessen the chance of getting it. 

A circuit assembly to me is a crowded indoor space that merits wearing a mask. But at my meeting, I don’t anymore, because we are a smaller congregation and it is well spaced and ventilated. I weigh up the risks (for me). When I visited my sister’s cong, that was packed and much larger. I wore a mask.

At this stage, I’m still a “novid”, but it’s only a matter of time before I get it too, even with a mask. This past  12 months, I’ve flown on 12 planes. I feel I’m doing the right thing for me.

Edited by hatcheckgirl

The sister that came back from Monserrat thinks she got covid possibly from the plane or when she had to take the mask off in order to go through security. Other than that she wore it on the plane and airport. 

She had checked with a doctor here who said she quite possibly had influenza along with it. 😬😱

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

2 hours ago, Loopy said:

she wore it

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16490606/

The results indicate that the penetration of virions through the  (NIOSH)-certified N95 respirators can exceed an expected level of 5%.

As anticipated, the tested surgical masks showed a much higher particle penetration because they are known to be less efficient than the N95 respirators. The 2 surgical masks, which originated from the same manufacturer, showed tremendously different penetration levels of the MS2 virions: 20.5% and 84.5%, respectively

Spoiler

image.png.6675b0b695c905c4ad26fa4ca496ccff.png

58 minutes ago, Imagine said:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16490606/

The results indicate that the penetration of virions through the  (NIOSH)-certified N95 respirators can exceed an expected level of 5%.

As anticipated, the tested surgical masks showed a much higher particle penetration because they are known to be less efficient than the N95 respirators. The 2 surgical masks, which originated from the same manufacturer, showed tremendously different penetration levels of the MS2 virions: 20.5% and 84.5%, respectively

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.6675b0b695c905c4ad26fa4ca496ccff.png

Thanks. Ill buy n95 mask. 

2 hours ago, JennyM said:

Ill buy n95 mask. 

You could also buy a good quality surgical mask (>80% protection). Those who belong to vulnerable groups could perhaps wear a face shield as well. An overkill perhaps but better be safe than sorry if going to a crowded place.

14 hours ago, Loyal said:

The pope is sick and hospitalized, but they deny it's COVID, I believe it is , is respiratory infection 

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/pope-francis-hospital-previously-scheduled-check-up-2023-03-29/

Why do you believe when there is no evidence of it. RSV is just as bad and kills some.  A shirt tail relative, a sister in the Cong. thought she had the flu, the doctor was certain it was Covid but three test in the Hospital said it wasn't.  Never the less she had double pneumonia, pleurisy and sepsis turning into septic shock, and was on a respirator for a week and a tube in her side draining the pleural cavity.  Infusion anibiotics for two weeks after she got home. She is still fighting for her life weeks later and still no diagnosis as to what caused it.    I had the same experience 1 1/2 years ago but without the sepsis.  Believe what you want brother but Covid is not the only Demon respiratory infection out there.

Edited by rocket

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

IMO

Masks help you not to spit on someone.

As far as filtration... There is a lot of vapor blowby.   Viruses are to small so it has to be the bigger water  droplets that get absorbed... Not that it actually filters stuff out.

As far aa i understand it... Surgeons only wore masks to help them not ger large droplets into patience on the operating table.

I much prefer natural fiber cloth masks over manmade fibers that can be breathed into your lungs.

On 3/28/2023 at 9:42 PM, Shawnster said:

What stance would that be? 

This is the stance, no?  What different stance would he GB take other than this? 

Jehovah's Witnesses are not required to take the vaccine.  Nor are we required to avoid the vaccine. Vaccination is a personal decision. 

You’re correct my brother I should not have used the word stance it’s always been a personal decision. 

I do know of many within our own congregation unfortunately who felt differently. I think you can agree though for a few months in a row there we were consistently told about all the benefits of the Covid vaccinations and reasons we would consider as a Christian. In comparison I would have to dig back to when,  but there was a swift change it seems to be of reminding us of the benefits and reasons again. I could be reading into more than necessary. 

I do know that 99 percent of US Bethel was vaccinated. I also know that a large portion of bethel consists of young brothers, and we do know there are higher cases of adverse reactions such as myocarditis in young men. I also know of personally and unfortunately  a young brother in Bethel with clinically diagnosed myocarditis/pericarditis after his 2nd dose. It’s comforting to know Jehovah and our brothers want the best for us and are not blinded to these things. 

34 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I think you can agree though for a few months in a row there we were consistently told about all the benefits of the Covid vaccinations and reasons we would consider as a Christian.

No.  I don't agree that we were consistently told by the GB about the benefits of the Covid vaccination.  The Slave said the vaccine was safe.  

Now, and this is where I think some of our confusion lies, I will say the Slave led by example.  Nearly 100% of Bethel was vaccinated.  Currently the instruction is to attend in-person special Kingdom schools such as Pioneer school, attendees must be vaccinated.  

However, I cannot point to any broadcast or announcement or Watchtower that extolled the virtues of the vaccine.  To do so would be the opposite of the message consistently presented that we do not promote a particular course of medical treatment.   Are there any particular references that made you think otherwise?

Edited by Shawnster

34 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

No.  I don't agree that we were consistently told by the GB about the benefits of the Covid vaccination.  The Slave said the vaccine was safe.  

Now, and this is where I think some of our confusion lies, I will say the Slave led by example.  Nearly 100% of Bethel was vaccinated.  Currently the instruction is to attend in-person special Kingdom schools such as Pioneer school, attendees must be vaccinated.  

However, I cannot point to any broadcast or announcement or Watchtower that extolled the virtues of the vaccine.  To do so would be the opposite of the message consistently presented that we do not promote a particular course of medical treatment.   Are there any particular references that made you think otherwise?

I don’t agree in regards to being consistently told of the benefits not now but over a concentrated time period of say 6 months. One was the benefits of being able to keep employment as one sister was hired when so many others were let go. I can attest to this personally as I was let go from my place of employment for not being vaccinated even though I elected to weekly test and had recovered from Covid with positive antibodies. 

I agree they did tell us it was safe. I believe it was the Octoberish 2021 broadcast around the time alot of the mandates were being implemented across the US We were told of the large amount vaccinated and the very few adverse reactions at Bethel and that they were stabilized and under control. At that time I recall saying how much I appreciated the brothers honesty and how much it would be good to hear continued updates on this not just in the shorterm. As time went by with more shots and boosters being implemented I’m sure they’ve seen more of these reactions. As I mentioned a young brother from our  home congregation being one of them at only 21 years old with no past or family history. Could you not agree there has not been any mention of the vaccine safety or vaccines in general at all on any broadcast in over a year? 

16 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Could you not agree there has not been any mention of the vaccine safety or vaccines in general at all on any broadcast in over a year? 

There has not been more talk of vaccines because it's unnecessary, no need to read more into it. The pandemic is over. Those who wanted to are already vaccinated. Those who refused will not change their mind now. There is no point in insisting on that anymore.

Discussion about vaccines got old long ago.

On 3/30/2023 at 1:29 AM, JennyM said:

I regret not wearing mask during the assembly last Sunday. feels like clogged nose early monday morning then now wednesday after midweek, I have a terrible headache.. I already got booster of covid vaccine.. Im sneezing often... .. Now I have to wear mask at home. 

I hope you get better Jenny! 

This is how I am going to the Assembly LOL 🤣

Lets Go Fight GIF by Juanfran

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

53 minutes ago, Dages said:

COVID is back in my cong :D 

David, same in my congregation. 
Already 5 cases. 

1 hour ago, Ludwika said:

I hate to point this out, but you've got more holes in that thing than a colander! 😂

All I hope that virus 🦠 is bigger than those holes LOL 😂 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I am attending pioneer school at the end of the year, and the requirements to attend in-person is only vaccinated persons. But regardless if one already has been vaccinated but then displays flu-like symptoms before, or during the school, the recommendation is not to attend. Or if too many days are missed to speak with the CO

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11