JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

6 hours ago, Violin said:

KH cleaning etc to be fully vaccinated?

In the US Branch territory vaccination status is irrelevant in regards cleaning the KH.  Direction might be different in Canada (but I doubt it), so please let me check with your elders. 

In the US any publisher who attends in person is welcome to stay and clean. Vaccination is not required. 

12 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

In the US Branch territory vaccination status is irrelevant in regards cleaning the KH.  Direction might be different in Canada (but I doubt it), so please let me check with your elders. 

In the US any publisher who attends in person is welcome to stay and clean. Vaccination is not required. 

Thank you, brother.  I wasn't referring to cleaning the hall after meetings, since we are there already, that would be an odd restriction.  Maybe it was before the halls opened up and brothers were doing repairs or something, I can't remember now.  Anyway, it doesn't matter.  Thank you for providing the information that I can share and maybe (prayerfully) quell my husband's concerns.  I agree that we should clarify any questions with our elders too.

I've already been contaminated 3 times by COVID, the first time before the vaccines were ready and twice after I was vaccinated,the difference is absurd, much better to be vaccinated, I suffered a lot the first time I begged Jehovah for life because I felt death and it's something I don't wish on anyone, I get sad when they say bad things about vaccines because of my personal experience,Because of the first contamination, until today I use small bomb  for asthma and I feel pain in my joints,after the fourth dose so far I haven't contaminated myself anymore and the precautions continue, I will wear a mask at the assembly and so will my family this is our family decision 

2 hours ago, Loyal said:

I've already been contaminated 3 times by COVID, the first time before the vaccines were ready and twice after I was vaccinated,the difference is absurd, much better to be vaccinated, I suffered a lot the first time I begged Jehovah for life because I felt death and it's something I don't wish on anyone, I get sad when they say bad things about vaccines because of my personal experience,Because of the first contamination, until today I use small bomb  for asthma and I feel pain in my joints,after the fourth dose so far I haven't contaminated myself anymore and the precautions continue, I will wear a mask at the assembly and so will my family this is our family decision 

I feel for your suffering from covid, I too have had covid one time, back in May 2022.  Thankfully I was prepared and had a very mild case.  My MD provided me with medication to have on hand in case of infection.  I trusted this medication since it has been around for decades and has a good track record. Like the saying goes, "to be prepared is half the victory".  I also get sad when bad things are said about the medication I took because of the good experience I have had.  No bad side affects from covid. Everyone has a choice of how they want to treat themselves to prevent illness, and when ill, and no one should speak poorly about anothers choice. 

4 hours ago, Loyal said:

I get sad when they say bad things about vaccines

The GB made it very clear about their position regarding COVID vaccinations. If possible we would do well to follow their example.

I'm remined of what brother Cook said in the GB update #1 of 2022.

How sad it has been to see simple public health measures like wearing masks, handwashing, physical distancing, and vaccinations become controversial, even political!

Some of our brothers and sisters have been influenced by the political views of those in their community.

Some have turned to the Internet and have been deeply influenced by official-appearing websites filled with highly political propaganda.

Brothers and sisters, be careful.

9 hours ago, runner92 said:

I'm sad you have to be vaccinated to go to Pioneer School. Now I'm forced to take it if I want to go next time and will be the obvious outlier if I don't.

The direction right now, while we are still in the grip of the pandemic, is to be vaccinated in order to attend theocratic schools.  That may not always be the case and the direction/restriction may change by the time you qualify to attend PSS again. 

Covid restrictions have changed over the years. At first, nobody was allowed in the KH for meetings at all, then the restriction changed and people could attend in-person meetings but had to wear a mask, now masks are optional. 

(Matthew 6:34) 34 So never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties. Each day has enough of its own troubles.

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&pub=nwtsty&srctype=wol&bible=40006034&srcid=share

Edited by Shawnster

If we are not happy with the direction we receive, Jehovah understands our feelings. But it’s given at the time to protect us, that’s all of us, and we comply because we want to be obedient.

So, to protect all who are attending the Pioneer School, that is the requirement for now. It’s not intended to make us feel bad or not inclusive. Rather, it’s safer now to do it this way. And we trust that the brothers have our best interest.

As has already been mentioned, things can change rapidly, and this may not be needed later on.  Just remember, this is not about us as individuals missing out, but for the benefit of all of attending. Rom 12:3

Make it a matter of prayer. Jehovah understands what you are going through. That’s the encouragement from par 6 in this week’s WT study - Let Nothing Separate You From Jehovah 
https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2022644&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=12

Many who deny vaccines also deny the use of masks, etc. Human beings are complicated, I'm going to do my part, thanks to Jehovah, I have common sense! Very sad that millions of brothers died before vaccines and before having access to treatments, it was all very fast, many died in 1 week to 15 days

2 hours ago, Shawnster said:

The direction right now, while we are still in the grip of the pandemic, is to be vaccinated in order to attend theocratic schools.  That may not always be the case and the direction/restriction may change by the time you qualify to attend PSS again. 

Covid restrictions have changed over the years. At first, nobody was allowed in the KH for meetings at all, then the restriction changed and people could attend in-person meetings but had to wear a mask, now masks are optional. 

(Matthew 6:34) 34 So never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties. Each day has enough of its own troubles.

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&pub=nwtsty&srctype=wol&bible=40006034&srcid=share

It won't in time for my mom as she's supposed to go this year, and she already has a heart issue. I'm concerned. I wouldn't say we're in the grip of a pandemic at this point in time. We are experiencing a wave, but we will always experience that because of the nature of the virus. 

Edited by runner92

It has long been that those who go to places that have suffered a natural disaster are to have a "tetanus shot" (vaccination). Often, this is a requirement of the civil authorities in the area of the disaster, but it is also the view of the LDC/DRC.

Serving in a foreign assignment, or sometimes even just visiting, also requires some vaccines. Requiring some vaccines to be able to participate in certain privileges/aspects/assignments is not anything new.

Back in 1994, having a current tetanus shot was required to assist after Albany, Ga was flooded. If you had proof of a current shot, you were cleared to help with the work. If you did not, Georgia had health centers is Albany so you could get a shot before reporting to work. If you showed up at the JW relief site, they required your proof (you got a card when vaccinated) or you were sent home - regardless of how far you had traveled to get there. Fortunately, my brother and I were already current, and we were able to go right to work without having to visit the State of Georgia tent.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, runner92 said:

I wouldn't say we're in the grip of a pandemic at this point in time. We are experiencing a wave, but we will always experience that because of the nature of the virus. 

It's still classified as a pandemic.  So, by grip I meant until it is downgraded. 

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/is-the-covid-19-pandemic-over-or-not-202210262839

57 minutes ago, Qapla said:

It has long been that those who go to places that have suffered a natural disaster are to have a "tetanus shot" (vaccination). Often, this is a requirement of the civil authorities in the area of the disaster, but it is also the view of the LDC/DRC.

Serving in a foreign assignment, or sometimes even just visiting, also requires some vaccines. Requiring some vaccines to be able to participate in certain privileges/aspects/assignments is not anything new.

Back in 1994, having a current tetanus shot was required to assist after Albany, Ga was flooded. If you had proof of a current shot, you were cleared to help with the work. If you did not, Georgia had health centers is Albany so you could get a shot before reporting to work. If you showed up at the JW relief site, they required your proof (you got a card when vaccinated) or you were sent home - regardless of how far you had traveled to get there. Fortunately, my brother and I were already current, and we were able to go right to work without having to visit the State of Georgia tent.

I did not know that.  I've been begging my husband to let our kids at least get tetanus shots- it's always been a fear of mine since we are a very active, outdoorsy family.

1 hour ago, Violin said:

I did not know that.  I've been begging my husband to let our kids at least get tetanus shots- it's always been a fear of mine since we are a very active, outdoorsy family.

Isn't it mandatory for kids going to school in Ontario?

https://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/publications/immune/td.aspx

Td is a two-in-one vaccine. It protects people against tetanus and diphtheria. It is recommended for persons 7 years or older. Vaccination against tetanus and diphtheria is required by law for all children attending school in Ontario (unless exempted).

I'm not 100% sure, but I heard here in Germany that if you are in an accident, they give a tetanus shot to a patient automatically if you didn't get the shot or booster within the last 10 years.

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

2 hours ago, Qapla said:

The tetanus shot is a traditional vaccine that has been around for decades. I have no problem with any other traditional vaccines. The comparisons are flawed in my opinion, but I'll leave it at that. 

23 hours ago, zoebarry said:

Interesting, and how many of that 10% are vaccinated ?

You know that this question and it's answer is irrelevant, right?

23 hours ago, Violin said:

At this point I think the vaccine protects against severe infection/death, not so much against infection.  

This has always been the case. The purpose of vaccines is to prevent severe disease and death. Most vaccines don't actually protect against infection itself. 

At the same time, most protection will wear off over time. There are adults who were vaccinated for measles as a child who are getting measles when they get older, because they never got a measles booster. Likewise, the DTaP vaccine is given to an infant in a series of 4 shots. Then a booster dose is needed at 5 years old, and another is needed at 12 years old. Even still, you can get diphtheria, tetanus or pertussis in your adult years because this protection may wear off.

Now I personally believe that in time, boosters will no longer be necessary. A combination of everyone getting this eventually (either by infection or vaccination) coupled with a virus that mutates to be weaker and weaker, will mean this coronavirus will take a seat next to the other 4 coronaviruses that have been circulating and infecting humans for ages. Basically, this will eventually become another common cold.

But until it does, vaccination is the best way to prevent severe disease and death, and these mRNA vaccines are super awesome, effective, and safe.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

What else is new?

Anyone infected with Corona is at increased risk of developing an incurable immune deficiency. According to Health Minister Lauterbach, this is shown by various studies that are currently being investigated further. As a result, the risk of chronic diseases such as dementia increases.

"...it’s preferable to avoid further Covid infections,” said Lauterbach.

Source: https://earlybulletins.news/politics/227090.html

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Study looking at #LongCovid 2 years after infection:

Despite exercise, respiratory & olfactory rehab, cognition/speech therapy & psychological support, the main symptoms (fatigue, neurocognition, muscle) did not resolve.

Only 9% of patients recovered. 

At 2 years, only 40% were able to work full time. 36% were not able to work at all. 24% worked part-time. 

https://www.mdpi.com/2077-0383/12/3/741

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

49 minutes ago, Sofia said:

What else is new?

Anyone infected with Corona is at increased risk of developing an incurable immune deficiency. According to Health Minister Lauterbach, this is shown by various studies that are currently being investigated further. As a result, the risk of chronic diseases such as dementia increases.

"...it’s preferable to avoid further Covid infections,” said Lauterbach.

Source: https://earlybulletins.news/politics/227090.html

Maybe this explains why the first time in my life I've been fighting a cough & sore throat for 29 days straight!!! :cry:

Mild, thankfully. But it just won't go away!! And I'm trying to avoid pharmaceuticals. But I'm about to get anti-biotics. This has gone on too long! 

50 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

Maybe this explains why the first time in my life I've been fighting a cough & sore throat for 29 days straight!!! :cry:

Exactly 

try to figure out your white blood cells count. If low ask your doctor for medicin to improve it

On 1/17/2023 at 11:05 PM, Parale said:

Interesting update.... the COVID map doesn't seem too bad? For reference the Essex Bethel is in Margaretting, Stock & Ramsden, with a case rate of 68.7-per-100,000 as of 7 January 2023

image.thumb.png.4937aa1b7ed36bfb731aecb7b3ade774.png

Note: The white areas with 'Data not shown' are areas with under 3 cases where data is not shown to protect individuals' identities.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/interactive-map/cases

Not sure how accurate that map is as I’m not sure people are ‘declaring’ they have covid to the gov anymore. My husband certainly didn’t register it. It’s not a requirement here. 

On 1/17/2023 at 11:17 PM, Kitty said:

Are they testing positive? Theres alot sick here but tests are negative.

Yes as far as I’m aware they are all testing positive, the two lines on the test.