JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

6 hours ago, Michał said:

When you look at it like that, you can see why we can conclude it's "safe & effective".

If there are indeed deaths caused by vaccination, it's so small there's no way you can scientifically conclude that is the cause.  Which, of course, doesn't mean it isn't possible.  Just not statistically significant.

On 1/22/2023 at 4:31 PM, Luisabola said:

Not sure how accurate that map is as I’m not sure people are ‘declaring’ they have covid to the gov anymore. My husband certainly didn’t register it. It’s not a requirement here. 

That's very true. It  seems like the best data is now coming from the ONS Coronavirus Infection Survey. The latest one was released today, and infections are down.

Coronavirus Infection Survey UK: 27 January 2023

Estimated number of people testing positive for COVID-19 in private residential households:

• In England: 906,300, or around 1 in 60 people.
  • In Wales: 57,100, or around 1 in 55 people.
  • In Northern Ireland: 56,500, or around 1 in 30 people.
  • In Scotland: 92,400, or around 1 in 55 people.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/bulletins/coronaviruscovid19infectionsurveypilot/27january2023

In London it is reported that the ratio is 1 in 90 people - the lowest of any UK region.

The 1st results for the BharatBiotech nasal vaccine (BBV154, approved in India) randomized trial vs shots now posted, superior antibody and cellular immune response (vs ancestral and Omicron); 4-fold less side effects

Source: https://t.co/2NlUbIiJau

Imagem

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

• 2 weeks later...

One of our elders tested positive yesterday. Guess he’s pretty sick. 😷 🤧😥 He doesn’t have a strong immune system so that doesn’t help. 

We’ve had a few recently in our congregation either with covid or a really bad cold/cough. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

On 2/10/2023 at 1:50 PM, Loopy said:

One of our elders tested positive yesterday. Guess he’s pretty sick. 😷 🤧😥 He doesn’t have a strong immune system so that doesn’t help. 

We’ve had a few recently in our congregation either with covid or a really bad cold/cough. 

Hopefully he pulls through okay.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

On 2/10/2023 at 12:50 PM, Loopy said:

Nebulizing APeX Water works wonders!

We recently got COVID at the same time as my in-laws. My wife and her mom suffer from asthma. My wife's 100% better as of last Tuesday (11 days ago) whereas her mom had to take an asthma treatment just yesterday and is still feeling effects from it. 

https://www.apex-water.com/

I use it for every infection we get, and so far, the only thing it didn't help with was strep throat. That was way too aggressive of an infection. 

On 2/10/2023 at 1:50 PM, Loopy said:

**Just an update**
The elder was on zoom this morning for the meeting. He appeared to be quite a bit better…as the previous meetings and zoom service days he stayed off video. 

It was good seeing him feeling better. He is scheduled to be the chairman for Tuesday night’s meeting. Just might be able to be there. Time will tell. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

How deadly was China’s Covid wave?

Two months after China ended “zero Covid,” rough estimates suggest that between 1 and 1.5 million people died — far more than the official count.

After China relaxed the world’s most stringent Covid-19 restrictions in December, the virus exploded there. Four separate academic teams have come up with broadly similar estimates suggesting that one million to 1.5 million people died during the surge, far more than China’s official count.

Researchers believe that the country’s official figure, as of Feb. 9, of 83,150 deaths during the entire pandemic is a vast undercount. That number would give China the lowest death rate per capita of any major country over the whole of the pandemic.

How Deadly Was China’s Covid Wave? https://nyti.ms/3E8p0iv

CoVidChina23.png

2 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

No.  Someone shared their opinion.  Not exactly the same as fact. 

To me, that label should be bigger.  Way too easy to miss.

However, if we take the time to go beyond the title, we can see that most of the myths have links to "real" articles that are not just opinions, which back up this articles "opinions".  It's there for anyone who cares to dig.  But I think the bigger argument is "does this info even matter at this point?"

1 hour ago, computerwiz said:

I need to put on my glasses, I thought his name was Marty Malarkey...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

17 hours ago, computerwiz said:

That's actually an opinion piece published in right-biased publication. The author is both lying and making gross generalizations for the purpose of smearing the current administration.

Natural immunity was always considered effective. Nobody said masks prevent transmission, but rather they reduce the risk of transmission/infection. School closures did slow the spread to parents and grandparents in the early days when there were no vaccines for at-risk individuals. The lab leak theory is still just a theory currently. The bivalent vaccine has plenty of data backing it up. 

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

My wife just tested positive again🤢. There went our plans for a night or 2 in Las Vegas this weekend. We were going with her sister and her husband.

Oh well. At least it is only one night hotel fee lost for each of us.🤧 The Rio wasn't expensive and no resort fee.🤪

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

On 2/28/2023 at 9:30 AM, computerwiz said:

Interesting article published by Dr. Fauci.  Shows as much as man have learned there is still so much these scientists don't understand. Jehovah truly created our bodies in such an amazing and complex way!

https://www.cell.com/cell-host-microbe/fulltext/S1931-3128(22)00572-8?_returnURL=https%3A%2F%2Flinkinghub.elsevier.com%2Fretrieve%2Fpii%2FS1931312822005728%3Fshowall%3Dtrue

5 hours ago, BaconTree said:

Interesting article published by Dr. Fauci.  Shows as much as man have learned there is still so much these scientists don't understand. Jehovah truly created our bodies in such an amazing and complex way!

https://www.cell.com/cell-host-microbe/fulltext/S1931-3128(22)00572-8?_returnURL=https%3A%2F%2Flinkinghub.elsevier.com%2Fretrieve%2Fpii%2FS1931312822005728%3Fshowall%3Dtrue

Nice article!