JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

5 hours ago, ladybug said:

But don't understand why more likely to become infected?  

You're not more likely to get infected because of vaccines or previous infection. You're more likely to get infected with XBB1.5 because this variant is better at evading previous immunity. 

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

6 hours ago, ladybug said:

Thank you also.   This simple statement makes perfect since to this 70 yr old.   

From one 72 yr old to one 70 yr old,  some things get so complicated that it is hard to understand correctly, especially when some are eager to imply interpretations that are not intended by the original writer.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Lots of us 70 year Olds around. The brother cat/apartment sitting for us is 9 days younger than me. In our a building a sister is a month younger than me. Come Feb 23 one of our elders living in our building will be 70 and the manager, a brother will be 70 in March.

Talking about our cats. They have wound the brother and sister around their paws and allow the brother to sleep with them in bed.👦👧

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

9 minutes ago, pnutts said:

Lots of us 70 year Olds around. The brother cat/apartment sitting for us is 9 days younger than me. In our a building a sister is a month younger than me. Come Feb 23 one of our elders living in our building will be 70 and the manager, a brother will be 70 in March.

Talking about our cats. They have wound the brother and sister around their paws and allow the brother to sleep with them in bed.👦👧

We have a wedding to go to and we too have a cat.  I need someone to sit with him too. Don't know what to do.

Long covid is a parallel pandemic

https://youtu.be/5EteaqFXAuU

(at 16:01) This Singapore doctor Leong Hoe Nam talks about the risk of long covid being a parallel pandemic and one reason why we can consider a booster even though omicron doesn't give severe illness.

(at 16:47) He quoted Professor Akiko as saying long covid is a parallel pandemic that most people aren't thinking of.

17 minutes ago, Luisabola said:

Lots more getting covid in our area of the UK. 5 more in a neighbouring Cong that we know of.

Interesting update.... the COVID map doesn't seem too bad? For reference the Essex Bethel is in Margaretting, Stock & Ramsden, with a case rate of 68.7-per-100,000 as of 7 January 2023

image.thumb.png.4937aa1b7ed36bfb731aecb7b3ade774.png

Note: The white areas with 'Data not shown' are areas with under 3 cases where data is not shown to protect individuals' identities.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/interactive-map/cases

Edited by Parale

On 1/17/2023 at 5:17 PM, Kitty said:

Are they testing positive? Theres alot sick here but tests are negative.

Negative is not necessarily accurate.  Me and my wife both get test, usually at least twice, every time we get any kind of respiratory illness or anything resembling the symptoms of COVID.  In 3 years, we have not had a single positive test.  All negative.  Yet one of the times we were sick, my wife lost her sense of smell and taste.  And she has off & on long-haul COVID symptoms.

All the test means is the virus was not found in your nose (or wherever you got swabbed) or not enough of it ended up on the swab.  Also, the latest variant/sub-variant might not be as easily detectable with the test.  And finally, the test itself could have expired.

There are so many variables to this thing, you have to take an "alleged" approach.  They are "allegedly" negative, but could definitely still have COVID.

Only sure fire way to know without a shadow of a doubt is to get tested for the anti-bodies.

2 hours ago, Violin said:

Does anyone know if the brothers are still requiring volunteers for the building committees, KH cleaning etc to be fully vaccinated?

As of this date, the only things that I know of where it is required to be fully vaccinated and boosted in order to participate is LDC and the in-person Elders School that is scheduled to start in March.... others here may be able to add to that list....

6 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

As of this date, the only things that I know of where it is required to be fully vaccinated and boosted in order to participate is LDC and the in-person Elders School that is scheduled to start in March.... others here may be able to add to that list....

While fully vaccinated status is required for Elders School, Pioneer School and School for Christian Evangelizers, being fully boosted was only mentioned as something we should consider or think carefully about.

Looking at what counts as fully vaccinated status in the US 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html

You are considered fully vaccinated:

• 2 weeks (14 days) after your dose of an accepted single-dose vaccine
  • 2 weeks (14 days) after your second dose of an accepted 2-dose series
  • 2 weeks (14 days) after you received the full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine (not placebo) in a clinical trial
  • 2 weeks (14 days) after you received 2 doses of any “mix-and-match” combination of accepted COVID-19 vaccines administered at least 17 days apart*

If you don’t meet these requirements, you are NOT considered fully vaccinated. A booster dose is not needed to meet this requirement.

Also fully vaccinated in the UK:-

https://www.bma.org.uk/advice-and-support/covid-19/vaccines/covid-19-mandatory-vaccine-guidance

At present, booster jabs are not required in order for a healthcare worker to be considered fully vaccinated.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/02/11/what-is-classed-as-fully-vaccinated-current-uk-france-spain-rules-16091297/

In the UK, ‘fully vaccinated’ means you’ve had a complete course (usually two jabs) of an approved Covid vaccine.

So, you’ll need to have your first and second dose of either the UK’s best-known vaccines:

• Pfizer/BioNTech
  • Oxford/AstraZeneca
  • Moderna
  • …….

So being boosted is not a requirement at this time but was asked to be considered.

It was also mentioned that brothers and sisters should seriously consider before these schools wearing a mask and protecting themselves so as to not jeopardise the school.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

Where is the confirmation that being vaccinated is required for Pioneer school? I have bros & Sis in my congregation  here who are waiting to get their invites to Pioneer school this year, and have not received any such indication yet.... do you know firsthand that this is true?

Edited by zoebarry

25 minutes ago, Cool Cat said:

While fully vaccinated status is required for Elders School, Pioneer School and School for Christian Evangelizers, being fully boosted was only mentioned as something we should consider or think carefully about.

• 2 weeks (14 days) after you received the full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine (not placebo) in a clinical trial
  • 2 weeks (14 days) after you received 2 doses of any “mix-and-match” combination of accepted COVID-19 vaccines administered at least 17 days apart*

If you don’t meet these requirements, you are NOT considered fully vaccinated. A booster dose is not needed to meet this requirement.

https://www.bma.org.uk/advice-and-support/covid-19/vaccines/covid-19-mandatory-vaccine-guidance

At present, booster jabs are not required in order for a healthcare worker to be considered fully vaccinated.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/02/11/what-is-classed-as-fully-vaccinated-current-uk-france-spain-rules-16091297/

In the UK, ‘fully vaccinated’ means you’ve had a complete course (usually two jabs) of an approved Covid vaccine.

So, you’ll need to have your first and second dose of either the UK’s best-known vaccines:

• Pfizer/BioNTech
  • Oxford/AstraZeneca
  • Moderna
  • …….

So being boosted is not a requirement at this time but was asked to be considered.

It was also mentioned that brothers and sisters should seriously consider before these schools wearing a mask and protecting themselves so as to not jeopardise the school.

ok, ok, but it is required to have AT LEAST TWO JABS... There are some in my congregation that have had NO JABS and are disappointed that they are not allowed to participate.......

More than 10% of our congregation has COVID-19 5 days after the CO assembly last weekend. All in person meetings are suspended. Tomorrow we are back to zoom...

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

Interesting, and how many of that 10% are vaccinated ?

All of them are. 2 - 3 doses. At least 2 sisters have caught COVID now for the first time. Mild infection. My Mother in Law is vaccinated. 2 doses. she had now covid for the second time as well.

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

It’s inevitable. But it is a balance - spiritual benefit far outways the risk. We have been told we will hear unusual direction during the GT that will save us if we obey.

The reality is, we all will get covid somewhere. We take the best of precautions, but the variants have become more transmissible. And so you can get it at the shops, during a sale to buy that thing you’ve had your eye on. Our spiritual eye is focused on good things, and “not forsaking the gathering of ourselves” is one of them.

To me, at least, it seems the FDS realises the risks but recognises it is more important to go. We hope you all recover quickly from this bout of covid, stay positive!

Edited by hatcheckgirl

Typo

3 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

Interesting, and how many of that 10% are vaccinated ?

Im not vaccinated. I didnt get it. I ve weared mask at assembly. I saw only half dozen wearing masks... among 900 attendance.

1 hour ago, Cool Cat said:

• Pfizer/BioNTech
  • Oxford/AstraZeneca
  • Moderna
  • …….

Ok, I'm asking because my husband is very against the vaxx (he lost his job last year due to refusing a rapid test) and he gets incensed when he is looking for jobs and they ask vaxx status.  I thought reminding him that the brothers are asking the same thing might help him... somehow.  He'd love to return to his previous job.  But I'd need confirmation on the pioneer school part, I don't want to accidentally share something something that's false.

13 minutes ago, Sofia said:

All of them are. 2 - 3 doses. At least 2 sisters have caught COVID now for the first time. Mild infection. My Mother in Law is vaccinated. 2 doses. she had now covid for the second time as well.

At this point I think the vaccine protects against severe infection/death, not so much against infection.  The new variant going around seems to be escaping both vaccinated and natural immunity.

2 hours ago, zoebarry said:

Where is the confirmation that being vaccinated is required for Pioneer school? I have bros & Sis in my congregation  here who are waiting to get their invites to Pioneer school this year, and have not received any such indication yet.... do you know firsthand that this is true?

Yes it is first hand.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

2 hours ago, zoebarry said:

Elders have this information and can confirm.  That's really the only way we can truly confirm an information.  We should ask our elders. 

Elders received direction that being fully vaccinated is a requirement for attending theocratic schools. Such schools include the Pioneer Service School, the Kingdom Ministry School, the School for Congregation Elders, and the School for Kingdom Evangelizers.

But, again, it's best to get confirmation from one's elders and not via social media.